Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Question about RealSense

G

Guest22

Hello. First post and new "H" member!!

I received my "H" a week ago and I just installed my RealSense. I have updated the drone and controller's firmware just fine (I did it via SD card). Thankfully I watched the videos several times and I was fortunate in not running into any issues.

I was going to fly the "H", but it was a bit too windy (For my first flight), so I calibrated the compass, gimbal, and the accelerometer. I know it can take some pretty heavy winds, but I need to know how it reacts to no wind. I did not take off from the table. I switched avoidance "On", and I received this error on the screen. I am thinking it is due to not being in the air, but wanted your advice. I have 20 satellites on the "H" and 19 on the controller.

file.jpeg

Also, I am trying to understand the new RealSense distance graph on the screen. I know that the graphs go away when it doesn't detect anything. Could someone shed some light for me?

I am hoping to take my first flight tomorrow, but I want no wind on my first few flights. I am in no rush on taking it up, especially on my first few flights.

I do appreciate your guidance on this matter.

Reactions: ChadCloses
GPS Sats is fine, say minimum of 14 on H and 10 on ST16. . The red semi-circle jumps around so much it serves no good purpose. Pay no attention to the Elevation reading on the ST16, it will vary 10' or more from actual height during the flight.

As Yuneec's instructions say, do not not turn on OA (RealSense) when taking off or landing. I usually wait till 20' or so in the air after raising legs. With RS on, in Angle mode, be sure the craft front faces the direction of travel.

Ordinarily I do not use OA at all, since it limits you to 11-12 MPH. Take off, land, and fly in Angle mode for awhile at Turtle Speed. Later when there is no wind, get in a clear area 20-30' high, and turn GPS off to get a feel for it. If GPS is off, RealSense will not work.

Leave Smart Mode alone at first and don't use RTH unless you lose sight of the drone and know it is not under trees. Preset the RTH height to 100'. After turning on RTH, you can turn on OA.

Reactions: QuadBart
Thank you for your input! I appreciate it very much. I planned on flying in angle mode and staying away from Smart Mode.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig