Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

RealSense 50% off! Now, only $300

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok Ladies and Gents,
We are getting way off topic here.
Please keep any further post related to the item offered by an approved vendor.
If you wish to debate the merits of the real sense, please create a new thread and do so there.
Questions to the vendor about obtaining the item, stock levels and such are more than welcome.

There is a simple explanation for the little white balls. These are just markers on the Typhoon and rider so that their position can be tracked by the cameras mounted above. In case you are not aware, GPS does not work indoors. They had to make some adaptation to detect the position of the rider and the H. You cannot follow something unless you know where it is and know where you are. As for the rest of the demo, I am sure it had been tested many times to be sure that it would work reliably during the show, but I don't think it was faked. The DJI Phan boys have been crying fake because at the time they had nothing to compare to this. I have seen many real world demos of the Typhoon H with Realsense and it really does work as advertised. I may buy it soon.

Umm so I'm not one to usually speculate, But if any of you would like to go watch the youtube video of the H when Yuneec & intel where there to demonstrate the RS's abilities (Mind you this was with the very 1st version of Firmware for the H & the St16 or atleast close to the 1st one being as it was before it was even released), it shows the H with RS in Follow Me mode & they had a full track setup (but please DO NOT fail to notice that the entire track was entirely enclosed with a skeleton frame & then some type of netting or fabric (probably a CES Show Safety Requirement) But this is not the reason I bring up that enclosed feature because as you'll soon notice IF YOU WATCH CLOSELY 1st the mountain biker goes in one direction through the track with the H in front of him "while in Follow Me Mode" & he goes through some zigs & zags, over a hump then you'll see that at the far end of the track (ie where the mountain biker then has to do a full 180 & ride back toward where he came from) the H Pauses as if it KNOWS (ie Supposedly senses) that the mountain biker is not going to go any further in that direction on the track, so the mountain biker loops around a burm turning him a full 180 Degrees back towards the direction he just came from & then the H starts to Autonomously follow him Again (But Now Following Him From Behind) as if it Knew exactly what to do & then magically did everything automatically without ANY user Remote interactions & as the mountain biker gets past about half way of his return trip to his starting location, They (Yuneec) has a obviously fake tree simulate as if it had just fallen right after the biker past it but before the H got to it & so you'll see the exact thing that it is supposedly perfectly capable of doing & it slows to about a dead stop then does some processing of the "Obstacle" & then decides to go up in altitude & then proceed over top of the fallen tree & then return back to usual following the biker until near the end of the video!!!

So just after reading that,Think to yourself for a minute & personally I do not own the RS module or had any experience flying an H with it, But I can tell you that I Honestly Do Not believe that The H even with the RS & even if it was just filmed yesterday as to already have all the updates we currently have and to give it even more say it had an even more advanced firmware then what is Currently out for download, That the H is capable of Predicting or Knowing that the subject or i guess it'd be the remote was not going to proceed any further in that direction that both the biker & the H have just been headed, So that it JUST somehow Knows that & then just waits for the biker to come much closer to it while he travels around a half moon shape to switch his moving direction a complete 180 degrees & then again "JUST KNOWS" exactly when it should resume following the biker But now instead of staying in front of the biker I guess the H or RS or both conspired to now Follow & film him from behind rather then being in front as it was just barely doing!!! Are we really supposed to believe that it can do all of that??? Come on I want to Honestly know from people that have the RS & have had good success with it, if the H when you put it into the "Follow Me Mode" is capable of doing that IE- being able to figure out that you are NOT going to be proceeding any further then where it has just decided to stop & then its just supposed to stay in that position until the biker turns all the way around which is when the H "automatically" fully relying only on its own 'Autonomous Programming" & make the decision to now film him from behind & NOT in front?????? Can it even do anything remotely close to that??????

Back to the reason I brought up the enclosure, if you pay extremely close attention & you may have to play it in slow motion to Notice that up at the top of the enclosure kind of spread out throughout the entire thing are an array of NOT just some ordinary camera's But the cameras that you'll see are purposely manufactured for OBJECT TRACKING & the price tag for just a single one of them is right around $5000 on a good day. The camera's then send data back to a server on site where it is able to perfectly & precisely down to Almost perfect resolution MAP out the entire contents of that enclosure & then to make it all worse & to prove this even further, You may notice that while it was flying that the H had a few small white balls or ORBS around the top to middle areas of the body, & the way that the high end extremely expensive tracking camera system works is often with the use of those small ORB shapes almost like a beacon to do the mapping that much more precise. Once the mapping is done once, They could now with all that data, instead of having the H help it map out the enclosure, now while showing it off the the press & public have those ORBS be helping it emmensly to navigate around things & stop at exact certain spots, which When you involve a HUGE company like INTEL into a joint venture such as the H & then market all these awesome things its capable of doing. Any employees no matter there seniority at either Yuneec or Intel would know for almost 100% positivity that they'd be out of a job if that H even should the slightest hint of not being perfectly ca[able of performing ever single task that its claimed to be possible with it.

Oh & Yes ANYONE can advertise 50% off if you buy the RS module now "From Them", That does NOT mean that the price they are claiming to be 50% off is even close to a reflection of what the price of it is normally or from a different dealer. You realize I could just as easily advertise that I'd sell you the RS module for 80% OFF if you bought it from me know & then say, after taking 80% off the price it will cost you $400. That does not always mean that your getting it for 80% off, that only means that your getting 80% OFF of what I have set the regular price at, which would mean that if you waited for me to stop offering the 80% off promo that to buy the RS Module at full price FROM ME would be $2000.00. Anyone is able to put a price onto anything they want to whether it be a low price or a very high price, But it doesn't matter either way because Unless Someone is willing to buy it for the price I ask for then it doesn't mean it is worth that price... Sorry just my 2 Cents Plus a nickel. Tom C
That price is set by the manufacturer. It's called the MAP price. ALL dealers HAVE to advertise the MAP price. This 50% off is also from Yuneec.

No discount for us in the good old UK YUNEEC no nothing about any discounting so £400 to us and should now be in stock sooner put the money towards a MAVIC

I'm certain there will be discounts available from Yuneec UK as well. The RRP's £350, but I'm sure you could get it markedly cheaper!

Nice this price, but first a question, I own an H with only 2 antennas, will the RS module work on mine? I found a YT movie for pimping my ST16 for a 3th antenna, but that is a job a little bit to difficult for me.

Dirk

Nice this price, but first a question, I own an H with only 2 antennas, will the RS module work on mine? I found a YT movie for pimping my ST16 for a 3th antenna, but that is a job a little bit to difficult for me.

Dirk
The Typhoon H Pro with Realsense is shipped with a newer version of the ST16 which has 3 antennas mounted outside. Your ST16 does have 3 antennas but one is mounted inside. As I understand it, the Realsense module does not care and should work with either one.

Last edited:
I don't think Yuneec would have taken on the higher manufacturing cost on the ST-16 if it didn't matter. It will work on the standard version, but probably not as well. Based on some of the loss of signal losses some of us have been incurring lately, this could have been the best cost effective remedy they could come up with. I talked to one of techs a Yuneec USA and he told me that the 3rd antenna was strictly for the RS. But he also said that the mod is pretty simple to do you just have to be careful with the hole placement as you can drill through some of the electronics in the ST-16.

Capt.,do you have a kit available for the ST-16 RS mod???

yeah it was 399 then 499 now back to 300 but if it were really 50 percent from the original price it would be 200 and then I might own one :)

yeah it was 399 then 499 now back to 300 but if it were really 50 percent from the original price it would be 200 and then I might own one :)

Hey Brian, since I can’t make any legal opinions on the forum, you might want to read the FTC GUIDES AGAINST DECEPTIVE PRICING, mainly section 233.1 Former price comparisons, it might or might not explain what you are talking about.

Hey Brian, since I can’t make any legal opinions on the forum, you might want to read the FTC GUIDES AGAINST DECEPTIVE PRICING, mainly section 233.1 Former price comparisons, it might or might not explain what you are talking about.

Umm, jerseydude what are jumping on me for, I didn't delete your post I don't give a rats butt really what the price is or going to be, I posted what I saw period when its 200 maybe then Ill buy one, but you need to figure out to to jump on sport! I'm not a moderator or admin, however If were I would tell you, you didn't make a very good first impression! You have a quality night now, ya'hear!

Umm, jerseydude what are jumping on me for, I didn't delete your post I don't give a rats butt really what the price is or going to be, I posted what I saw period when its 200 maybe then Ill buy one, but you need to figure out to to jump on sport! I'm not a moderator or admin, however If were I would tell you, you didn't make a very good first impression! You have a quality night now, ya'hear!
Brian, I know you did not delete my 2 posts. I just picked up the quirk in the prices you mentioned. No harm meant.

Reactions: abinder
Despite repeated attempts to keep this thread on subject, everyone still had to take it somewhere else.
This thread is now CLOSED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hodgepodge