Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

RealSense IPS Module?

mw6

Reaction score
A question: is it possible to enter IPS mode without the RealSense module and without GPS (to fly indoor)? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
A related question: is it possible to enter IPS mode without the RealSense module and without GPS (to fly indoor)? Thanks.
I believe it is required that you have the RS module installed. There's no other way for the system to determine 3D object position as ultrasonic sonar is very imprecise.

Reactions: WTFDproject
I believe it is required that you have the RS module installed. There's no other way for the system to determine 3D object position as ultrasonic sonar is very imprecise.
Is IPS module sold separately from the RealSense module, or it's part of the RealSense module?

here it says: Realsense and IPS modules as two separate units?

And according to this link: they are two separate modules but always sold together?

here YUNTYHIPS is sold separately?

Last edited:

I found this doc:

On page 4, it shows
-- YUNTYHR RealSense for TYPHOON H
-- YUNTYHIPS 1 pc of IPS(Indoor PositioningSystem(for TYPHOON H)

are two different modules, so you may want to check your drone has YUNTYHIPS? see the attached images.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2023-12-26 22-52-53.png
    Screenshot from 2023-12-26 22-52-53.png
    63.4 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: DoomMeister

Attachments

• 20231227_074143.jpg
    20231227_074143.jpg
    559.5 KB · Views: 9
Yes, I have both components. I can not separate them. They detach as a single module.

Do you mind post a photo (I can not separate them)?

So the IPS and RealSense module are always sold together?

I want to purchase IPS only, but looks like I can only find RealSense module sellers on EBay.

I want to purchase IPS only, but looks like I can only find RealSense module sellers on EBay.
I have never seen that in North America. It may have been an option in the European market.

Thank you for the doc. very interesting, My H have two units, IPS mounted underneath and have a RealSense unit mounted in front
Please take a photo of yours and upload here. Would be interesting to see them as separate units.

I bought my H Pro as a complete unit so I have removed the camera and realised my statement was incorrect, my apologises for this it's a complete module and not separate

Attachments

• IMG_1812.JPG
    IMG_1812.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:

AS previously stated that mine Realsense and IPS units are separate (Not correct) they are one unit I have tested my H and the IPS sign will display right hand top of the screen, ONLY when the motors are running

Attachments

• IMG_1813.JPG
    IMG_1813.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 7

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold