Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

SOLVED! Landing "bounces" problems with Typhoon H Pro

I just saw this post. It's been awhile on this but I have had this issue 2 times in a year. I first time was about a year ago when landing. After it touched the ground it bounced up and down and finally flipped and took a few seconds to turn off. After talking with Yuneec we "guessed", it was caused by the accelerometer calibration. I re-calibrated on a perfectly flat surface (use a bubble to be sure) and it was fine. Yesterday, not thinking, I re-calabrated everything outside on the ground because it had been awhile, and it did it again upon landing. I brought it inside and re-calabrated the accelerometer on a flat table, did 5 test landings and all fixed. Apparently if that calibration is not done on a flat surface the H thinks it is not landing in the correct attitude in relationship to the ground and tries to correct, sometimes not knowing it's on the ground hence bouncing itself into the ground. Just wanted to throw in my experience correcting the issue.

A flat *and* level surface is required for accelerometer calibration.
Thanks for confirming. I love the H. Always been rock solid other than the couple times with the bounce. Always feels better to know why things happen. Have a great day!

Reactions: MarkC
Same thing happened to me on one of my first flights. Tried to land it. The drone bounced and shot to the right and crashed into the wall. Nothing major happened just a couple broken propellers. But wanna find out more info on how to prevent this in the future

Same thing happened to me on one of my first flights. Tried to land it. The drone bounced and shot to the right and crashed into the wall. Nothing major happened just a couple broken propellers. But wanna find out more info on how to prevent this in the future
If the H flies normally otherwise, make sure you hold the left stick back with no yaw added and push the red button at the same time.
You can also practice this landing which works well below 3'.

If the H flies normally otherwise, make sure you hold the left stick back with no yaw added and push the red button at the same time.
You can also practice this landing which works well below 3'.

What do you mean by the left stick? I only saw you pressing the red button.

What do you mean by the left stick? I only saw you pressing the red button.
Okay, guess that was confusing. I'm referring to using the left stick in a conventional landing. The video is alternative method which works well especially when you have to land on non-level ground.

Reactions: Philthydrone
Okay, guess that was confusing. I'm referring to using the left stick in a conventional landing. The video is alternative method which works well especially when you have to land on non-level ground.
Oh ok cool. Got it! I didnt know you could land it with the red button. Thanks a lot! Gotta go try these out today.

Oh ok cool. Got it! I didnt know you could land it with the red button. Thanks a lot! Gotta go try these out today.
Just use a momentary "bump" on the button to drop a few inches at a time. When you get down to 8" or so, press and hold Big Red until the motors shut down. Makes a perfect landing and never breaks a prop.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dharminder