Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Telemetry recording lost with V1.07 firmware

Reaction score
I updated the 4K and ST10+ to the latest firmware.

Flew it yesterday and had a problem where the video downlink feed just froze.
It was only about 100m away and it did not restart on it's own.
I had to land then power off / on the 4K and then it was OK.

This may have been sheer co-incidence that it happened after a firmware update, but I wonder?

The other, much more serious problem I noted after the update was that the ST10+ no longer records the Q's telemetry or the ST10's "telemetry" and status etc.

If I can't get it to record, I'll be trying to go back to the previous firmware as I find it essential to be able to save the telemetry.

I save all my flights and if there was a problem I could refer to the telemetry as it will show exactly where my Q was flying and even where the TX was.

Can you advise if this was done deliberately and it there is a chance it can be enabled?

Thanks and kind regards

Dave.

Hello Dave,

I replied to your email. Please let me know if the suggestions I made help.

Tim's VERY QUICK (thanks Tim) reply partly helped but what I have found out is the following:-

I had a SD card in my ST10+ that had some telemetry files recorded on it from previous flights.

After the firmware update to 1.07 there were no more files saved to this card.

I put a blank SD card in the ST10+ and tried again - telemetry was now recorded.

I saw that the file name of the telemetry from the 1.07 firmware had an extra numeric digit.

So that I keep my telemetry files in number order I renamed the file on the previously blank card to one number after my previously saved files BUT MADE IT 5 numeric characters long instead of the 4 from the older firmware.

All OK now.

Very pleased the telemetry is still recorded!

Dave.

Is this the case too for the latest firmware (Jan 2016)? I have installed a new firmware version early in January and since then there is no telemetry data recorded.
I have also noted that the date was set back to a date in 2014 when doing the firmware update. I have set the correct date but after todays flight still there is no telemetry stored (thought that this could be a problem).

Is this the case too for the latest firmware (Jan 2016)? I have installed a new firmware version early in January and since then there is no telemetry data recorded.
I have also noted that the date was set back to a date in 2014 when doing the firmware update. I have set the correct date but after todays flight still there is no telemetry stored (thought that this could be a problem).
Try deleting the telemetry files that are on the memory card. The newer firmware does not like the old file names!

Dave.

This same thing happened to me as well. I did as suggested and erased all old files. I did not erase the actual folder, but the files in the folder. Took a flight today and still no telemetry is being recorded. Do I delete the folders as well, or is something else the problem??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold