Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

The lens in my CGO3+ is misaligned (pics)

NO. Completely dissapointed. After weeks of waiting, I have the same problem. I've had 2 of these cameras now, and they are both substantially worse cameras that whats on MY PHONE
Have to work now, but will post later with samples and more details. Then I'll have to decide if I should just give up and return the H.
That is massively dissapointing!!!!! Yuneec had indicated that they had received approx 100 new cameras. If you received one of the new ones then it means the factory quality control is non-existant. Mine replacement camera is on it's way back but will take 10 days min to get to me (useless UPS & ground shipping). I will just shelve the typhoon & leave Yuneec if I receive another poorly focused camera.

That is massively dissapointing!!!!! Yuneec had indicated that they had received approx 100 new cameras. If you received one of the new ones then it means the factory quality control is non-existant. Mine replacement camera is on it's way back but will take 10 days min to get to me (useless UPS & ground shipping). I will just shelve the typhoon & leave Yuneec if I receive another poorly focused camera.

I haven't heard a peep since the 14th when they told me mine was "in the lab" How did you find out you were getting one?

I haven't heard a peep since the 14th when they told me mine was "in the lab" How did you find out you were getting one?

I live in Canada and complained that it takes ten to twelve days to ship an item to Yuneec using their UPS ground shipping, and another ten/twelve to ship it back to me. Add in the time to repair it and I've been waiting a month! I asked my Yuneec CS rep if they could send out the replacement camera once they had confirmed through me/UPS that the defective camera was on the way to them (I sent a pic of the camera in the shipping box & a pic of the box at UPS with label attached). They agreed and called me tonight to see if I wished to pay for UPS expedite shipping or use their free UPS ground shipping. Expedite shipping from Calfornia to my location in Canada is around $100 US.... I went with the free ground shipping. Factoring my odds of receiving a perfect camera is 50/50 and I didn't wish to roll the dice on speeding up the shipping and then be dissapointed and out $100.

Bottom line is... Although the Typhoon H has numerous problems, Yuneec Customer Service is top notch! No complaints from me (other than that darn UPS ground shipping).

This poor resolution is probably in part due to to Yuneec using an Ambarella A2 processor instead of an A9 processor like in the Go-Pro. (Which would have been an option as this A9 processor is more than 2 years old).

The A2 is designed for use as a security camera over IP, so it encodes at lower bit rates.

OK, I've had a chance to closely examine the footage from my replacement CGO3+. It is just as bad as the first one. Since someone else already reported having 2 cameras sent to them and both defective, its safe to say this has become a BIG problem for Yuneec and for many users deciding whether to return their YTH or not.

I must say I am completely fed up and discouraged. Yuneec knows they have a problem with these cameras, but they just keep sending them out anyway. I called and asked to speak to someone who really understands the nature of the problem, they refused, the only person I could talk too was tier one customers rep had no knowledge of the problem, and insisted that they cant tell anything without seeing the footage. When I explained that this forum was FULL of samples, it didn't change the nature of the conversation at all. My only option was to send in the camera again, pushing it beyond the 30 days I'm allowed to return the unit. When I asked them if they would take a return directly in case they NEVER get it fixed they refused. And then on top of it they failed to send the the cover for the camera, so now I will be sending back an incomplete machine to the retail location.

A total mess, and my experience with Yuneec is now in the realm of BIG disappointment. There are good CGO3+ cameras out there, I've seen the footage. But for some reason they are shipping these garbage ones out at the moment.

Also, lest anyone believe that this is either acceptable or all the camera is actually capable of, here is a 3840x2160 UHD snapshot from After Effects where I staggered the shots for easy comparison. I've included the new CGO3+, the original one, a sample from someone else that is perfect, and a shot from my S6 cell phone for comparison. There is simply NO excuse for my cell phone shooting better 4K video than a $1300.00 drone (PLEASE look at this full screen on big monitor):

Somparison_4SnapSHOTS.jpg

Last edited:
Also, for those waiting for their cameras to come back, more potential bad news: They told me on the phone this morning that it might take as long as 2 weeks to ship my cover out because they are in the middle of inventory and aren't shipping anything out of the warehouse for the next few days. It occurred to me this afternoon that being that this is a holiday weekend for those of us in the US, that spells more delays IMO.

OK, I've had a chance to closely examine the footage from my replacement CGO3+. It is just as bad as the first one. Since someone else already reported having 2 cameras sent to them and both defective, its safe to say this has become a BIG problem for Yuneec and for many users deciding whether to return their YTH or not.

I must say I am completely fed up and discouraged. Yuneec knows they have a problem with these cameras, but they just keep sending them out anyway. I called and asked to speak to someone who really understands the nature of the problem, they refused, the only person I could talk too was tier one customers rep had no knowledge of the problem, and insisted that they cant tell anything without seeing the footage. When I explained that this forum was FULL of samples, it didn't change the nature of the conversation at all. My only option was to send in the camera again, pushing it beyond the 30 days I'm allowed to return the unit. When I asked them if they would take a return directly in case they NEVER get it fixed they refused. And then on top of it they failed to send the the cover for the camera, so now I will be sending back an incomplete machine to the retail location.

A total mess, and my experience with Yuneec is now in the realm of BIG disappointment. There are good CGO3+ cameras out there, I've seen the footage. But for some reason they are shipping these garbage ones out at the moment.

Also, lest anyone believe that this is either acceptable or all the camera is actually capable of, here is a 3840x2160 UHD snapshot from After Effects where I staggered the shots for easy comparison. I've included the new CGO3+, the original one, a sample from someone else that is perfect, and a shot from my S6 cell phone for comparison. There is simply NO excuse for my cell phone shooting better 4K video than a $1300.00 drone (PLEASE look at this full screen on big monitor):

View attachment 1469
First let me say simply... Send the entire Typhoon back to whomever you purchased it from and request a replacement or refund (whichever you choose). I've already gone through two cameras. The first placed blue & white dancing dots all over the video. The second was amazingly sharp from the center to the right of the image, but the left was blurry. I was thinking of just adjusting the lens myself, but I thought I'd just send it back to Yuneec since they received a shipment of new cameras. So now I wait for the replacment and cross my fingers.

I do have an observation of your photos... The picture on the left of the new camera appears to be a photograph and not video. The reason I say this is because the Typhoon H CGO3+ is terrible at photos because it tends to slightly double the image as is seen in your picture (software problem). If it is a picture then perhaps try taking a snapshot when in video mode (a video snapshot). The doubling effect shouldn't occur as it's just then grabbing a video image based on the resolution you set the video at.

The picture on the left of the new camera appears to be a photograph and not video.
Nope. It was my intention to compare Apples to Apples. All 4 shots are all snapshots from identical 4K video assembled in After Effects.

Frankly I dont care much about the still shots too much

Also, for those waiting for their cameras to come back, more potential bad news: They told me on the phone this morning that it might take as long as 2 weeks to ship my cover out because they are in the middle of inventory and aren't shipping anything out of the warehouse for the next few days. It occurred to me this afternoon that being that this is a holiday weekend for those of us in the US, that spells more delays IMO.

I did submit a request for a cover as well. I have not heard back. Yuneec did send me a tracking # for the replacment camera which will most likely ship tomorrow... then I wait 10 to 12 days. But I have several Phantoms to keep me occupied, so I can still film away.

Nope. It was my intention to compare Apples to Apples. All 4 shots are all snapshots from identical 4K video assembled in After Effects.

Frankly I dont care much about the still shots too much
If that's video, then it's far from great. Not sure how Yuneec went wrong with the camera. Previous Yuneec drones (Q500+ 4K) had good cameras. It's got to be the supply & demand syndrome and quality control at the camera factory is not up to spec.

Now I really can't wait to get mine back. I'm going to guess it will be the same. Guess I'll keep flying the H with a CGO3 camera. (defeating about 60% of the reason I bought the H)

At this point I wish I had your CGO3. It looked great. What is it about the + that made you want it by comparison?

Not the camera I wanted, I wanted the YTH. I figured the camera would at least look the same. Being able to put the landing gear up, and do smooth 360 degree panning? Yeah, sold.

Not the camera I wanted, I wanted the YTH
Yeah, misunderstood you.

I would take a CGO3 right now in a heart beat. It appears to be a way of solving this problem. I have no idea what the difference is, or for that matter why they felt is necessary to create a new camera, with a new name, when the new copter was so utterly fantastic all on its own.

I continue to be blown away by how wide the gulf is between the quality of the H craft and the inferior cameras that I've had in my hands so far. Why in the world would they injure the reputation of the craft with a silly camera problem?

Whew!! I am glad I stumbled upon this thread. I was going to call first thing in the morning and order a H Pro, guess I will be waiting on that!

Just saw the shipment date for my camera and it's not tomorrow as I had expected, but rather Thursday (uggg).

Just saw the shipment date for my camera and it's not tomorrow as I had expected, but rather Thursday (uggg).
I had repeated delays. But I kept calling. Not sure if it helped....

There appears to be a solid wall between the customer support people and anyone that can actually affect your status. At first I was OK with that. Not anymore.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dvca441772