Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

The lens in my CGO3+ is misaligned (pics)

Just got my CGO3+ back finally. Now it wont sync with the ST16. Sigh. Total copter and gimbal control, but NO camera / WiFi connection.. I'll call support here shortly, but does anyone have any thought here? Is there some additional procedure necessary to syn with a new camera?

Oh, and Yuneec failed to send the camera cover back with the camera, so now I have no protection for the camera. Sigh

Your ST16 is looking for the old camea's WiFi name. You have to bind this new one to your controller.

I was having second thoughts of sending in the camera cover with mine for this very reason... but I sent it anyways, so I'll be in the same boat as you when I get my camera back.

They will have to send you the camera gimbal holder seperately.

I did now, my bad. The absence of a hard copy manual was my problem. I should have checked the PDF, my bad. For those who haven't dealt with this yet, you go into System settings / Bind. Then you choose the new camera , then bind it. This required a password that I got from Yuneec, but it worked. My bad.

Reactions: Samuel Fowler
I'm coming off of the Q500 4k, so I know what to expect from the camera. I got fantastic results (for what these things are) with the CGO3. I finally got my H out today in the bright sunlight. Identical settings that I used on the Q500. But this isn't a settings issue, you can easily see the lens is misaligned and very much out of focus. I'll put up a couple of shots with the CGO3, and my CGO3+. Did some testing in my dining room, ISO 100, 125th shutter w/ some LED lighting. The only thing I can get to be decently in focus is about 3' away. Further than that, its out.

This isn't a bash session, I'm not upset. Its a bummer, yes. The H (so far) has been SO good its funny. I literally laughed the first time I switched over to rabbit mode. The Q500 was great for me, the H is OUTSTANDING.

I'm putting this out there in the name of science, in case anyone else might come across this problem. I'm going to give tech support a call this evening.

I've uploaded some images, each is labeled Q500 or Hex. All images are show RAW DNG, the processed in LightRoom.
Same problem. VERY out of focus RAW video. Some people say this is how it should be and others say the lens is misaligned.

Thanks BobW55, we cant wait to film in this area once the camera is functioning correctly. BTW, ISO was as low as I could get it, as I recall 100. Also shutter speed was 1/50. We tried both automatic settings and manual and had no correct focusing under any circumstances. If you have any suggestions regarding alternate settings that might eliminate the focus problem we're all ears. We spent quite a bit of time trying different settings to see if it would fix the problem, nothing worked.
I have the exact same issue. Same settings and all.

Raw is a low contrast format so that you can color correct the image in post. During that color correction you can extract highlight details and showdown details that to the untrained eye are not there. There is also no sharpening going on either allowing you to do the electronic sharpening in post.

That being said the low resolution lens and the low bit rate on the CGO3+ isn't helping anything.
I know but it seems to be a little too soft for my taste. I'm sending the entire drone back and replace it with another one. We will see what the RAW looks like on a brand new drone from BH.

Raw is a low contrast format so that you can color correct the image in post. During that color correction you can extract highlight details and showdown details that to the untrained eye are not there. There is also no sharpening going on either allowing you to do the electronic sharpening in post.

That being said the low resolution lens and the low bit rate on the CGO3+ isn't helping anything.
And Yuneec advertised that the bit rate for this camera was 100mbps which is a decent bit rate for 4K. This was part of the reason I bought the H over the Phantom 4 which has a 60mbps 4K bitrate.

If it is not, then I'm probably going to return it. Too expensive to be just a fly around toy.
50mbps in natural mode and 29mbps in their "Raw" which is really LogC

Like I said no where near the claimed 100mbps
Hahaha jeez, wish I knew that before buying it. False advertising...goodbye Typhoon H. Thanks for the help.

Is the image in focus now?

NO. Completely dissapointed. After weeks of waiting, I have the same problem. I've had 2 of these cameras now, and they are both substantially worse cameras that whats on MY PHONE
Have to work now, but will post later with samples and more details. Then I'll have to decide if I should just give up and return the H.

NO. Completely dissapointed. After weeks of waiting, I have the same problem. I've had 2 of these cameras now, and they are both substantially worse cameras that whats on MY PHONE
Have to work now, but will post later with samples and more details. Then I'll have to decide if I should just give up and return the H.
I'm going to return mine and maybe get a Typhoon G or maybe return to the Phantom. At least the GoPro or Phantom camera will look a lot better than what comes out of the H's camera.

Try this....

Take the glass lens off. Try your camera with it off.
I've tried it with some ND filters with the same effect - still blurry and unusable. It's not the (included) glass in front of the lens that is the problem. It is the camera itself. I think they tried to rush these cameras off the assembly line without an quality control whatsoever.

Just got my CGO3+ back finally. Now it wont sync with the ST16. Sigh. Total copter and gimbal control, but NO camera / WiFi connection.. I'll call support here shortly, but does anyone have any thought here? Is there some additional procedure necessary to syn with a new camera?

Oh, and Yuneec failed to send the camera cover back with the camera, so now I have no protection for the camera. Sigh

Well this is all really great news. (sarcasm) Did you get it synced? I'm sure the process was the same as me syncing the CGO3. I'm *really* curious about the focus......

Okay, just got caught up in the thread. This is hilariously disappointing news. When I finally get the camera back, how am I going to be able to return the H?

Again, there is a difference between soft and out of focus. I am perfectly fine accepting "soft" but NOT out of focus. My CGO3 camera from the Q500 4k is a perfect example. I think that camera is great for what it is. There is NO reason the CGO3+ should be like this. Its simply poor alignment from the factory.

When I did the focus test on the CG03+, what was IN focus was perfectly fine. Just like the CG03. I still have my Typhoon Q500 4k, I was going to sell it. Now I'm not so sure.

Same problem. VERY out of focus RAW video. Some people say this is how it should be and others say the lens is misaligned.

Yeah this isn't in focus either. I posted a video in another thread two weeks ago, filmed with the H, using the CG03 from my Q500 4k. Watch it, and you'll be perfectly happy with how it looks.

How long ago did you purchase? I have until Sunday to return. The bad video bitrate, the out of focus camera, what's not to love? Might as well just use a gopro 4 on a 3DR or Typhoon G and call it a day.

How long ago did you purchase? I have until Sunday to return. The bad video bitrate, the out of focus camera, what's not to love? Might as well just use a gopro 4 on a 3DR or Typhoon G and call it a day.

I have to go look.... been longer than a month. Also, my CGO3 RAW files @4k are 50mbps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextsi