Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

The UAV Tool Box App (Flight Center)

Reaction score
Hi All,

Is there anyone out there that is familiar with this App? Does it work? Are there any bugs? Dependable, etc.? Also can I have this app on my desktop at home and put together missions then D/L them to the ST16 as a CCC and fly them?
Thanks, Wigs

Yes, I have used it extensively and find it absolutely essential and thoroughly dependable. I have found no bugs at all. It is Android and is installed on the ST16 and does not work on PC. You can set up CCC on the ST16 using the app. I suggest you do a search here for other views. Recommended!

Reactions: Bosse_A
Hi,

I'm the author of the app, so I can tell you that it is absolutely flawless, without a single bug. It will make you more attractive to ladies (or men, depending on your preference), and will help you succeed in business.

OK, maybe not, but so far it's been downloaded a fair number of times and most people get along OK with it. If there are problems, I try to get them fixed in future releases. So far, there's an unofficial policy of a new version every four weeks or so (I shouldn't have said that, now I know I'll miss the next one!). At the moment it runs on your ST-16. There are plans to broaden the number of devices it runs on, but for the moment I'm not saying too much until I've got something concrete to show.

Feel free to ask any questions you might have :)

Hi,

I'm the author of the app, so I can tell you that it is absolutely flawless, without a single bug. It will make you more attractive to ladies (or men, depending on your preference), and will help you succeed in business.

OK, maybe not, but so far it's been downloaded a fair number of times and most people get along OK with it. If there are problems, I try to get them fixed in future releases. So far, there's an unofficial policy of a new version every four weeks or so (I shouldn't have said that, now I know I'll miss the next one!). At the moment it runs on your ST-16. There are plans to broaden the number of devices it runs on, but for the moment I'm not saying too much until I've got something concrete to show.

I used the Beta version to program CCC routes and it worked to perfection. I installed your app yesterday and used it to view my log files. I can finally make sense of the data in the files. GREAT JOB @Tuna and Thanks!

On a side note, I'm a little bugged by the non working version of Google Play store on my ST16. I would also enjoy Chrome (as all my surveying Bookmarks are there) and updated Google Maps. I'm curious, what is your opinion (@Tuna and others) on rooting the ST16. My main concern would be apps running in the background and system crashes and hang up while in flight. Any thoughts, opinions or recommendations would be appreciated.

Just found this thread Play Store good info, still wondering what an actual developer's opinion might be?

Last edited:
I owned an android cell phone and rooted it.. It was my biggest mistake! Apps quit working, it was buggy, running out of memory, popups galore, etc.

IMHO, I would not root it. I am with you on no being able to install other apps, but this is a controller for a specific function. If you root it, you are allowing *any* app to install and interfere with your "H". All it takes is for you to go to a compromised author of a program and you will start having issues/popups/headaches, and the possibility of your "H" stopping in mid-flight! (Plus, I'm sure you might void your warranty.)

I don't recall seeing the UAV toolbox installed on my controller. I need to dig further.

@fraggboy you have to install UAV Toolbox here

I've had (unfortunately) great experience rooting devices, beginning with a verizon RAZOR flip phone. and finishing with adding Android to the extinct HP "touchpad" that I bought new when HP fire-saled them for $100. That's not good for me, lol. Thank you for the advice.

Reactions: GlideAL and Guest22
I have played with the telemetry gathering it's pretty cool and thorough when recording endurance of one battery against the other has lots of imaginative uses. Have NOT used the CC yet, because I'm still learning and enjoying learning to fly the thing.

Reactions: mt.horeblodge20
@Tuna, Does the program have the ability of deleting flight data from the controller also? I poked around the folder and I see quite a few folders regarding the data (Controller, and a few other folders regarding telemetry. I can't remember the other folders at this second. But, they can take up quite a bit of space).

I have played with the telemetry gathering it's pretty cool and thorough when recording endurance of one battery against the other has lots of imaginative uses. Have NOT used the CC yet, because I'm still learning and enjoying learning to fly the thing.

Hi,

Hi Tuna, been trying to buy your app after the eval period. Keeps telling me an error has occured and no payment has been taken!!

Reactions: Yungo
@Tuna, I downloaded UAV Toolbox v2.0.2 successfully. I am connected to my home wifi (Verified connectivity). It says Online, but I receive a Server error "Cannot contact the server, please try again later."

file.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
@Tuna, I downloaded UAV Toolbox v2.0.2 successfully. I am connected to my home wifi (Verified connectivity). It says Online, but I receive a Server error "Cannot contact the server, please try again later."
I had that error as well, you can always enter the URL listed on the ST16 in the lower left corner in a browser. It should connect then

Sorry, first you have to make sure your wifi is on and connected to the same network as your computer.

Sorry for the confusion
I

Reactions: mcbutler
I had that error as well, you can always enter the URL listed on the ST16 in the lower left corner in a browser. It should connect then

Sorry, first you have to make sure your wifi is on and connected to the same network as your computer.

Sorry for the confusion
I

I am not fully understanding. I opened up the app on the controller, and it says "Online". I just want to view the data on the controller now. What URL are you talking about? On the lower-left corner just says "Online" with no URL (To the controller). Wifi is on and connected to the internet. All of the buttons are greyed out. I can't even register, sign in, etc..

Going from memory of earlier today in my office, seems like in the lower left corner on the ST16 read "online" next to that was an IP address, for me it was 10.0.1.80:8080, that's what I meant by URL, I probably should have said IP address.

Yea, I see that in the help section of the website. I am missing the IP address. :( I am using an airport extreme at the house. I don't know if that's blocking a certain port that is needed.

Hopefully @Tuna can shed some light.

Reactions: mwfoshee
I purchased it after trailing, best money I have spent!

Such a useful app...

Sorry for the login trouble. At the moment, we have some access problems with the payment provider. I'm investigating and will post an update as soon as I have more information.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal