Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Thinking of getting the H now that it's been out awhile

Jay

Reaction score
Been thinking of getting a Typhoon H. Have all the bugs been worked out, such as the camera issues etc?

They haven't figured out how to get users to read the instructions and explore manual settings yet but aside from that I think they are doing fine.

Reactions: Tuna and Guest22
They haven't figured out how to get users to read the instructions and explore manual settings yet but aside from that I think they are doing fine.

ROFL!!!

@Jay, what camera issues are you talking about? I just received my "H" last week and haven't noticed any issues (So far).

ROFL!!!

@Jay, what camera issues are you talking about? I just received my "H" last week and haven't noticed any issues (So far).
Not just camera issues but other issues as well such as circle of death, noisy loose fan in controller, controller losing connection to quad and will not bind back, landing gear not going up completely, motors failing, bad images..blurry, distorted etc from camera. One should not have to take a course in photography and camera settings in order to get good quality from this camera! Those are just a few that I see around the forums consistently! I have a Q500+ and love it. I had a few problems with the GPS after about 3 months but they fixed it for me. Can't complain about the CS I've gotten from them!

@Jay

I haven't come across any of those issues you brought up with the latest firmware update. I agree you shouldn't take a course in photography. I have always manually set my camera settings so the colors don't change during flight. That might be the weakest portion of the "H". There are plenty of videos on YouTube showing video from the "H" with auto settings that look pretty good also..

@Jay

I haven't come across any of those issues you brought up with the latest firmware update. I agree you shouldn't take a course in photography. I have always manually set my camera settings so the colors don't change during flight. That might be the weakest portion of the "H". There are plenty of videos on YouTube showing video from the "H" with auto settings that look pretty good also..
Yeah I'm not so much worried about the camera as I can play around with it to hopefully make things look better, it's the other problems that worry me. I've been fly P3Ps for the last year and love them. I still use my Q500+ occasionally

Had my H since May last year... only minor problems I had in the early stages were down to my errors.... smart mode, not understanding various switches etc. I would suggest probably half of the moaners you read about on various sites are responsible because of lack of understanding and not reviewing instructions correctly.
It's a wonderful piece of technology.... but show it proper respect and learn from others before you fly.
I love flying mine, and have got seriously good video/stills from the camera.
Fly safe.

Reactions: Guest22
I would suggest probably half of the moaners you read about on various sites are responsible because of lack of understanding and not reviewing instructions correctly.

I think you are being quite conservative with that figure Chris.

Reactions: Chris McMillan
Been thinking of getting a Typhoon H. Have all the bugs been worked out, such as the camera issues etc?

NOW is the time, they currently have the Yuneec Typhoon H on Amazon for $990.00 as of 7pm Pacific time 1-18-17. No taxes if purchased from a 3rd party vendor and if you're a Prime member, 2 day free shipping if it says Prime. Screenshot_2017-01-18-19-12-12.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Jay
I have a couple. Great aircraft.
Dual operator takes it to another level. Quite amazing at this price....unmatched
Camera is outdated but good. Gimbal, again unmatched....works awesome.

Reactions: Jay
New person here- I Read yesterday they will have a new camera for the H after the electronics show,
that's this month- where it did not say-
anyone have any further info?

I just read about the new H520...wondering if I should wait for that one. Although I read it could be priced as high as $4500

NOW is the time, they currently have the Yuneec Typhoon H on Amazon for $990.00 as of 7pm Pacific time 1-18-17. No taxes if purchased from a 3rd party vendor and if you're a Prime member, 2 day free shipping if it says Prime. View attachment 4737
Thanks for the info! Definitely going to check it out!

I'm not familiar with what camera issues you are referring too. I purchased mine last fall and immediately went into a full video production, without any issues. The footage blended beautifully with my HD footage from my camera. This was the results:

Reactions: Joneshd3488
I'm not familiar with what camera issues you are referring too. I purchased mine last fall and immediately went into a full video production, without any issues. The footage blended beautifully with my HD footage from my camera. This was the results:

Great video! Makes me want to move to Wauconda. Your blending of the "H" video into this production is seamless. Great job!

Reactions: Michael Brown
I've had 2 different friends purchase one and return it due to camera issues. Shaky footage, blurry as well as other things. There are also tons of complaints on the Phantom 3 Pros when they first came out...I waited about 8 months before getting one and have had no problems. I never buy anything that first comes out because there is always issues and bugs. My question is has enough time passed that these issues are no longer issues.

I have one if the first ones and a later one. No camera or gimbal issues at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold