Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H is all over the place

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

My H has been:

Disconnecting from st16
Hardcore drifting
Moves left & right when toggling turtle to rabbit mode
Less responsive to inputs.

So it all started when I binded my wizard for the first time, it worked great with the wizard in every mode.

Then I went back to the st16, btw I am not flying in team mode, I launched from a location and when it was 35 feet up it lost all communication with the st16.
At the same time it said "compass calibration" on my st16.

It landed itself but I had to catch it.
That was super dangerous, anyways, I tried rebinding & did multiple compass calibrations to no avail.

I get an intermittent orange flash when in gps lock.

Its not flying great at all.

My next test is to fly with wizard, if it doesn't exhibit any erratic behavior then that should point to the st16

Last edited:
do you have the new updates on both s16 and the Hexacopter, check to see if camera and drone are in bind .

What's the newest firmware?
It was just in two unique for repair. I believe they upgraded the firmware

If the firmware looks correct the next step I would do is to reset the ST16, create a new model and then rebind the H, then the camera. Before binding the camera be sure to select the type of camera first as "CGO3+".

Heres what I got.

Looks like everything you have except:

Transmitter
Camera

Is that correct?

Attachments

• cameringo_20170202_221012.jpg
    cameringo_20170202_221012.jpg
    955.7 KB · Views: 17
I would try to update both the H and the ST16 per the update video below. It's a bit time consuming. Follow the video EXACTLY.

Reactions: m5zealot
I would try to update both the H and the ST16 per the update video below. It's a bit time consuming. Follow the video EXACTLY.

This has worked for me every time something funny is happening. Do it and let us know if it worked

Reactions: Steve Carr
Hi Guys,

My H has been:

Disconnecting from st16
Hardcore drifting
Moves left & right when toggling turtle to rabbit mode
Less responsive to inputs.

So it all started when I binded my wizard for the first time, it worked great with the wizard in every mode.

Then I went back to the st16, btw I am not flying in team mode, I launched from a location and when it was 35 feet up it lost all communication with the st16.
At the same time it said "compass calibration" on my st16.

It landed itself but I had to catch it.
That was super dangerous, anyways, I tried rebinding & did multiple compass calibrations to no avail.

I get an intermittent orange flash when in gps lock.

Its not flying great at all.

My next test is to fly with wizard, if it doesn't exhibit any erratic behavior then that should point to the st16

I had pretty much the same problem. I contacted Yuneec, and was immediately issued a return authoraization, (RA) and told to send it in for a new GPS board. I was very happy with the quick response and willingness to bring it in for repair without trying to avoid the cost and make me jump through hoops, trying, and risking the H. I wasn't as impressed with how long they had it, or the lack of response to my emails asking when I can expect it back. They never would answer those emails, other than the generic auto response stating they received my email. The only emails I got back were the one showing what they did and one immediately after, stating it was being shipped back. with a tracking number. It was close to a month to get it there and back, but I would have spent 2 months begging my wife to let me buy another one, had I crashed it. It would have been dangerous to the TH and to my health to attempt to troubleshoot the problem without sending it in, but far more dangerous to my health if I had to tell her I crashed my H. The look I got when I told her I was buying it told me all I needed to know about future health risks of telling her I crashed.
I Had a pinky cut almost completely cut off, and all other fingers and palm severely injured by a progrmming design flaw of an RC plane coming to life on it's own 2 years ago. It was reattached, donor nerves added, and tendons stolen from a ring finger to try to get it working again. 4 surgeries and counting, but still useless. It's won me bet money when people don't believe I can put a cigarette out on it, so it's not all negative.
Wish I would have gotten video, for your viewing pleasure, when I finally worked up the nerve to ask her about buying a new RC with 6 props. I believe her exact words after she finally calmed down and the laughter stopped were, " Try to not let a thumb be one of the 6 because you will be hitchhiking to the ER next time." Then she said, "Go for it," and told me to bring it in for a high 4. I think she meant, "High 5."
B!tch.
My advice, and my wife's...Send it in!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daps20