Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H questions

Reaction score
I just got the typhoon h a couple weeks ago and there's so many things to learn, number one is do I need to bind the aircraft and the other what about updates do I need to update it shows it on the instruction manual but I don't know really how to do it and if the updates are necessary right now. Would appreciate any help or advice you can give me about this craft. Thank you

Ok here is Yuneec's video on how to update

To bind just turn the typhoon on and tilt it forward 45 degrees twice quickly and the rear led should flash orange

Youtube is your friend. Lots of good videos can be found as well as a few bad ones.

I just got the typhoon h a couple weeks ago and there's so many things to learn, number one is do I need to bind the aircraft and the other what about updates do I need to update it shows it on the instruction manual but I don't know really how to do it and if the updates are necessary right now. Would appreciate any help or advice you can give me about this craft. Thank you

To answer your questions directly; no you don't need to bind your craft to the controller, that is done at the factory. Updates? That's a personal choice that should be based upon knowledge that you can gain from a forum like this. What firmware is in the drone? If its the latest, let it ride, if its one version back - you could update or just leave it alone. If it has been sitting on a warehouse shelf for a year, I would do the firmware update. My advice is don't do anything to the craft or controller just yet. Take two or three days or even a week and read through the topics in this forum. Get familiar with a multitude of procedures and checks that go along with operating a craft like the H. Don't rush in, take your time. Watch a lot of Youtube videos and learn from mistakes others make. Good Luck.

Reactions: PatR and Rayray
I just got the typhoon h a couple weeks ago and there's so many things to learn, number one is do I need to bind the aircraft and the other what about updates do I need to update it

The pairs are shipped already bound together. Personally I would only charge both batteries, put a card in the camera, and see if the thing will get in the air.

After the ST16 is on, turn on the TH, then wait till you get cam pic and enough GPS Sats to make the TH rear light be solid purple with white flashes, solid purple being the craft and white flashes being the ST16. May need to wait 5 minutes or so. Be patient. Study all the readouts on the ST16 while you wait.

The TH voltage in the upper left corner you'll want to check while you fly. Have the craft landed before that flying voltage drops below 14.5. Taking off is easy. Take your time landing, go slow, when it touches down, keep the left stick straight back till the motors rev down, return stick to middle and hold the Red button down till the props stop, then release.

Starting that first flight, if you get warnings about Compass calibration, land again and follow the written instructions for the 3 calibrations.
The compass cal is much easier if you first slide the camera (gimbal) forward and off. Press a release under there while pulling forward.

Warnings or whatever that clog the screen can be quickly removed by tapping the go-back button, lower right. If you take a test video, stop it before you turn off the TH. Cam buttons: press once quickly, don't hold them down.
Happy flying to you...

Reactions: Roachman55
On your first flight let the H sit outside after you start it, with the motors off, for about 13 minutes to let it finish updating the GPS. Before you take off start the video recording and let it record the whole flight. A miniature video is stored on the ST16 but only while the camera is recording. That could be very useful if something does go wrong during the flight. I record every flight from start to finish so I always have a record of the flight. It costs nothing to do so.

Reactions: PatR and Roachman55
On your first flight let the H sit outside after you start it, with the motors off, for about 13 minutes to let it finish updating the GPS. Before you take off start the video recording and let it record the whole flight. A miniature video is stored on the ST16 but only while the camera is recording. That could be very useful if something does go wrong during the flight. I record every flight from start to finish so I always have a record of the flight. It costs nothing to do so.
Thanks I will try that after doig updats.

It took me about 8 months from new to get around to my first update, and only then because the camera was taking too much time to connect. Just saying.
So far everything seems to be working properly I just didn't know if the Drone needed updating yet I only got it a couple weeks ago and don't know if it has the latest updates on it who knows how long it was on the Shelf. Thanks again

I thank you for your response and the only thing is what should the firmware be what do I look for? Thank you

I thank you for your response and the only thing is what should the firmware be what do I look for? Thank you
When you have both units powered up go to Flight Settings, About Controller. It should look like this:

Attachments

• Latest_2017-06-30-22-11-26.png
    Latest_2017-06-30-22-11-26.png
    102.5 KB · Views: 17

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airconditionerservice