Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H review

Understandable but there has to be some lag regardless of the technology used. Nothing is instant

Oh, it's not instant with the P4, but again it depends on the tablet being used. I use a Nexus 7 and the lag is a bit more than a 1/10th of a second. But if I use my Samsung Note 5 phone, the lag is almost unnoticeabl (but not instant).

Oh, it's not instant with the P4, but again it depends on the tablet being used. I use a Nexus 7 and the lag is a bit more than a 1/10th of a second. But if I use my Samsung Note 5 phone, the lag is almost unnoticeabl (but not instant).

Thanks mate, I was just curious that's all :)

Now this is what I will be doing when I get my TYPHOON H. I will have it follow me on my motorcycle!!!! In this video I believe someone else is flying the "H", but wow is it ever moving fast!!

Reactions: HarveyC
Am I the only one who thinks the Phantom 3 Pro looks a touch better in this video, than that of the Typhoon H?

The Typhoon H colours, just like on the Q500+ always seem to be on the softer side, which is fine as long as you do post colour processing. Also in the video, when you look at the people on the ground, some are blurry in the video from the Typhoon H (right hand side). I'm guessing there was either a small smudge on the lens or water droplet.

No your not alone there. The video quality of the p4 is much better than than what Yuneec has to offer todate. BUT thats only a decision breaker to those depending on what requirements are most important to individuals needs. For me personally, I am prepared to sacrifice that for the 360deg gimbal rotation and the rectractable landing gearAND the "no props" in shot bonus that I am so sick of editing with my 2 P2's. So for me, its a perfect bird. distance is not an issue for me at all. I fly only where I can see it, that gets the footage i need.
dont get me wrong, I love my p2's (i have 2) but this H looks so good and will suit me to a T.

I have now studied a lot of these supposed reviewers and I have also researched all available data on the Typhoon H and until I receive my order
I think this aircraft is way ahead of the others SPECIALLY the Phantom 4 which one just cannot compare with it leaves it for dead.
The more I read and view on the Phantom 4 it is a disaster and I think DJI have a sales and marketing problem.
I must also say that these reviewers are hopeless in fact I don't know how anyone accepts what they say and before anyone says I am bias to Yuneec I found
the same with the Phantom 4 however there are a few reviewers that are OK.
Let me give everyone here a sample of these reviewers, I have now watched about 7 reviewers of the Typhoon H and what I was trying to find out is the following;
"does the Typhoon H ST16 have a HDMI connection" and no one, NONE of them mentioned it and the fact is YES it does so now I know (and all here) I can use
my HeadPlay goggles for FPV flight.
I would have thought that this was a very important issue for a lot of us.
I only found out this fact by searching through all the available documents and the release of the Typhoon H manual.
So I think most of these reviewers are a waste of time maybe ok for the real novices in this game.
Cheers, JV

p.s. I have added a photo of the HDMI connection on the ST16

Attachments

• DSCF1667.JPG
    DSCF1667.JPG
    615.2 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
I have now studied a lot of these supposed reviewers and I have also researched all available data on the Typhoon H and until I receive my order
I think this aircraft is way ahead of the others SPECIALLY the Phantom 4 which one just cannot compare with it leaves it for dead.
The more I read and view on the Phantom 4 it is a disaster and I think DJI have a sales and marketing problem.
I must also say that these reviewers are hopeless in fact I don't know how anyone accepts what they say and before anyone says I am bias to Yuneec I found
Let me give everyone here a sample of these reviewers, I have now watched about 7 reviewers of the Typhoon H and what I was trying to find out is the following;
"does the Typhoon H ST16 have a HDMI connection" and no one, NONE of them mentioned it and the fact is YES it does so now I know (and all here) I can use
I only found out this fact by searching through all the available documents and the release of the Typhoon H manual.
So I think most of these reviewers are a waste of time maybe ok for the real novices in this game.
Cheers, JV

I saw a number of the earlier reviews and they didn't mention the HDMI leaving me wondering. However, the last few clips I have seen, they did in fact point out the HDMI on the Tx.

Cheers, JV

I agree with some of your comments. There have been a couple reviews stating it has the HDMI on the controller. But As for your statement that DJI having a "sales and marketing problem" .. well it's like this...
DJI has been rejecting warranty issues for years. They have money to burn and know people will always buy the products (remembering that new comers flock into this field every day and know nothing about the past and present warranty and after sales service DJI does NOT supply, It is only once they buy a bird that they learn DJI don't care.
I got my 1st P2 which I purchased from a so called professional seller in another state (900kms north of me) BIG MISTAKE ! The P2 arrived and from day 1 it was faulty. at first they replaced the gimbal but then things got worse until one day the P2 had a battery failure in the air while hovering and crashed into pieces. The only thing that survived was my gopro and the video it recorded of the failure.
So sent it to the DJI official repairers and 6 weeks later they told me it was pilot error and no warranty was given. So I sent a letter of demand to the shop that sold it to me and showed them the video and 6 hours later they gave me a full refund.
So with that refund I bought 2 x 2nd hand P2's for the price of 1. (They sold them due to the p3 being released) still fly them today and will keep both but this H is looking good and It will be my next bird no doubt.

Hi GlenT,
That's good at least there are some doing it properly.
Thanks,
JV
Hi JV,
Here's one from earlier in this thread where Simon points out the HDMI. Both this and his later clip are worth a look. Problem is, it just makes you want the H now not in two weeks.

Hi cokeaddict, I agree with your comments and sorry to hear about the problems you had (I own a Phantom 2 Vision plus and a Phantom 3 Advance and love them both).
I have seen many times companies get to the top and become complacent and forget that they got there because of the customer and I have seen many tumble due to there
attitude.
It is a shame as they do have a great product and yes newcomers do flock to them but when that stops then there in trouble.
Thanks.
Cheers,
JV

Reactions: cokeaddict
Hi GlenT, Wow, that is one of the better ones and have not seen it before he is detailed which is great, I will keep that one.
Thanks
Cheers,
JV

Can someone explain to me what Simon means about the green arrow on the controller screen? He comments on it 2-3 times and I believe at one point he says it always points towards you. He's a bit too excited to talk about it clearly.

Can someone explain to me what Simon means about the green arrow on the controller screen? He comments on it 2-3 times and I believe at one point he says it always points towards you. He's a bit too excited to talk about it clearly.
It tells you where r the controller is in relation to the nose of the bird.

It tells you where r the controller is in relation to the nose of the bird.
I would understand that if the green arrow always pointed the direction of the nose but at about the 18:00 mark he said that it always points towards you. Since the camera can be pointed any direction, I don't understand how the arrow can help detect the direction of the nose. Maybe he misspoke or I am dumb. Make me smart, LOL

It konws where it launched form and the GPS in the controller and the arrow will always point back to the controller. IT has a mag compass as well so with gps and that it knows N,S,E,W.

I was hoping the green arrow would help show the orientation of the H since that's apparently difficult to tell from much distance.

I was hoping the green arrow would help show the orientation of the H since that's apparently difficult to tell from much distance.
It does. When the green arrow is pointing straight up that means the H is pointing straight at the controller. So in that instance, if you were to apply forward cyclic the H would travel back to you.
Another way to look at it is, think of the screen and green arrow from the H's point of view. When the green arrow is pointing down it means the controller is behind the H etc, etc.

It konws where it launched form and the GPS in the controller and the arrow will always point back to the controller. IT has a mag compass as well so with gps and that it knows N,S,E,W.
Someone also posted that if the controller stick is pulled in the direction of the arrow that it would fly back towards home. Is that your understanding?

That is correct. Now I have no experience with the ST16 or similar controller, but from his explanation and what we saw in the video your statement is bang on. In the first SCREEN CAPTURE below from Simon's video you see the green arrow pointing to the LEFT. That is because SIMON is standing on a hill to the LEFT. In the second image you see the green arrow pointing STRAIGHT UP. That is because it is point at the hill where SIMON is standing. So I guess the purpose of the arrow is to always let you know where the controller is in relation to the Typhoon (to easily find your way home).

Screen Shot 2016-05-09 at 5.24.24 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-05-09 at 5.25.03 PM.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss