Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Video from the C23 and H Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really, I just saw video of some firmware pre-release that Richard Gilmore showed where the horizon issue was fixed. Not released to the public yet but a good sign.

Again, if Autel releases an EVO with a 1” sensor it will be something I give serious consideration. As it is with a smaller sensor the video from it is decent.

I still really want an H Plus but I’m not in a hurry to get one. I’d like Yuneec to release some meaningful documentation and fix bugs before I buy one.

The ST16s is still a real controller rather than a game controller with a smart phone.

In the meantime I fly with my H.

Truly agree about the ST-16. For the most part I’ve parked both my H’s and mostly fly the 920 now. Not as fast or agile as an H but a lot better camera while lacking geo reference and a histogram. Fit a CGO-3 on it and it turns into an H in every way except speed. For me it’s the best of both worlds until Yuneec shows a little more of their hand.

Agreed YuKay... one of the reasons I invested in a V60 card, though those speed cards are only available in a UHS-II format... what I have not ever to been able to find is how much is the write speed of my V60 card reduced, when used in a UHS-I camera (which the C23 is).
I found an interesting UHS-I vs UHS-II memory card test in a UHS-I camera (Sony 6000).

From this it would seem that UHS-II card write speeds are up to 10% slower than their UHS-I counterparts. For example, the popular SanDisk Extreme Pro UHS-I U3 card writes at 34.37 MB/s while its UHS-II variant writes at 31.44 MB/s.

The other tested UHS-II cards performed better than the SanDisk, albeit they are all slower than the best UHS-I cards.

OTOH, the UHS-II cards recorded read speeds of up to 300% faster than the UHS-I cards, so they could save a lot of time transferring files onto your computer. But I would rather have the optimum write speed of UHS-I so as to minimise the risk of dropping frames.

That test didn’t reveal his testing methodology or tools although I don’t argue with his results. The Sony 6000 is a fine camera released in 2014.

If you’ve only got a UHS-I capable camera stick with UHS-I SD cards.

Some day we’re likely to see a UHS-II capable drone camera although I can’t guess when. I can guess though that it will use microSD UHS-II cards and I haven’t seen them available widely.

That test didn’t reveal his testing methodology or tools although I don’t argue with his results. The Sony 6000 is a fine camera released in 2014.

If you’ve only got a UHS-I capable camera stick with UHS-I SD cards.

Some day we’re likely to see a UHS-II capable drone camera although I can’t guess when. I can guess though that it will use microSD UHS-II cards and I haven’t seen them available widely.

Yuneec will release their UHS-II capable camera... the day before UHS-III is adopted... :(

:) I haven’t seen any UHS-II capable cameras on drones so it’s a moot point at this point.

That test didn’t reveal his testing methodology or tools although I don’t argue with his results.
It would be nice to have some other tests for comparison/verification but I don't think there's anything else out there. This guy includes links to Amazon but for every card so I doubt he is promoting one over another.

I also suspect that smaller cards (eg 32GB) should be slightly faster than larger capacity cards unless data is being written to a freshly formatted card - an that all cards should get slower as they fill up with data.

I only use 32GB cards in my H.

In my Fuji X-T2 I use 64 GB UHS-II cards in both card slots. I shoot sports at high frame rates and shoot a lot of shots for HDR landscape so a pair of 64GB generally is enough except for horse races. But... there is plenty of time between races to swap cards.

Card speed is also a factor... I was not able to find V60 cards under 64GB.

Good point!

I don't think my H's CGO3+ will benefit from a V60. Perhaps the C23 will.

Testflug. Some confusing editing and light changes but some nice, rich shots - and sweeping pans with no stuttering!

Nice, clear tutorial by Peggy on compass, gyro and accelerometer calibration - with a very disconcerting green screen intro.

Reactions: Peggy
Testflug. Some confusing editing and light changes but some nice, rich shots - and sweeping pans with no stuttering!
The photographer should have used a white balance lock. Colors were all over the place. Tough lighting, though, at dusk. Some of the tripod shots were great!
Thanks for posting.

Nice, clear tutorial by Peggy on compass, gyro and accelerometer calibration - with a very disconcerting green screen intro.

Sick bags readily available [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I expected a lot more lens flare when it was going at the sun. Great detail but... I agree with Rubik's points.

Terrestial Imaging C23 camera demo video looks like an epic fail due to compression artifacts…

Yukay,

Wondering if you can guide me (looking to learn) regarding where to look to the compression artifacts that are the basis of your “epic fail” declaration. I am not seeing anything that looks bad, let all be epically bad, so I figure I need some help to understand.

Please do not take my request as an argument. I am truly trying to see what you are seeing.

Thanks!

Jeff

Yukay,

Wondering if you can guide me (looking to learn) regarding where to look to the compression artifacts that are the basis of your “epic fail” declaration. I am not seeing anything that looks bad, let all be epically bad, so I figure I need some help to understand.

Please do not take my request as an argument. I am truly trying to see what you are seeing.

Thanks!

Jeff
Jeff, I'm absolutely certain that you could teach me a lot more than I can teach you. And my observations are based on zero personal experience of drone videography. I do have experience of digital imaging and editing but not in this arena; so the artifacts which distract me may well be the norm (although I haven't seen nearly as many on other C23 videos).

So, FWIW and without taking notes for the full length of the video, these are the artifacts which jumped out at me:

2:17 The short grass is shimmering (at high speed)
2:20 Foliage pixels are smearing
2:23 The near foliage is in focus but in the mid-distance it is blocky and smeary
2:26-2:32 The foliage shifts in and out of focus; more smearing
2:41 The grass shifts out of focus
2:57 The short grass is fluctuating posterised/blocky as colours/detail are dropped
3:03 Tree foliage top left suddenly loses detail/focus.

My connection isn't fast so I checked again at 720 - without any improvement. But I would be very pleased to hear that you don't see any of the above.

I have shown my recent C23 4k 60fps to my media partners. My editing partner points out things my eye does not immediately see. He has shown my some of the same issues and they mostly appear out on the edges along things like tree lines meeting the ground and other edges in the shot like distant building shapes. Without ND filters, I am fighting the shutter speed relative to sunlight here currently. My shots in lower light do not have as many issues and 1080 is really nice now with the wider image.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nvjfirut