Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

1. DmitriyA

I have a problem with TYPHOON H. I bought it 1 week ago in Berlin. The fault is already repeated 3 times. It repeats every 2nd start. First start goes well the unit is stable. Further, after a normal landing, I raise up TYPHOON a second time, after some time, the TYPHOON loses control, it moves erratically, describes a small circle. In order not to break it on the tree, I urgently raise it up and even, but TYPHOON is unstable and I'm having a hard time doing very slow landing. After landing, it does not perform management commands. I hold it and not give an opportunity to climb. The rotors rotation powerfully, after some time, the TYPHOON begins executes commands and ST16 rotors stop. Restarting does not help, replace the battery doesn't help. Whom to ask. What should I do? COMPASS ERROR MESSAGE: When the Typhoon and ST16 are powered up, and the Typhoon is sitting on the ground with no motors engaged, I have received the "land in angle mode and calibrate compass" message. Оften loses connection with the GPS.

2. DroneClone

CALIBRATE COMPASS !

Brian Mackey likes this.
  3. DmitriyA

After you install the latest software compass error is shown constantly! unconnectedly CALIBRATE or not

4. BobW55

BobW55 Moderator
    Staff Member

Try starting each flight with the H pointing to North.

5. DmitriyA

You should always CALIBRATE? Before each launch? And the need to orient TYPHOOON always in the same direction?

6. Steve Carr

Steve Carr Moderator
    Staff Member

You should not have to calibrate the compass more than once. Some people who have had the compass error problem have found that facing the H to the North reduced the problem but did not eliminate it completely.
    You should contact Yuneec and discuss this with them.

7. Dragonflyerthom

Make sure you are in angle mode or pilot mode should I say. Calibrate your Compass at least once. Also calibrate the accelorometor .

8. Goh

Goh

My experience after firmware updated the H don't hover stable, it keep flying forward, and was unable to land, when touch the ground it will flip over, and need to recalibrate the compass and accelerometer
    the problem solved

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

#8 Goh, Sep 12, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
  9. DmitriyA

Yuneec did not responded me to official mail. How to contact them?

10. DmitriyA

I did Calibrate in angle mode. But error Calibrate compass appears on the 2nd flight accurately and sometimes immediately after Calibratation.

11. DmitriyA

How do I to recalibrate the compass and accelerator? I make according to instructions and there is no result.

12. DroneClone

It's all by light configuration, If not done properly,you will get all "White" light if good, you will get normal lights.

Accelerometer calibration Accelerometer

Compass

13. DmitriyA

Yes that's right what I'm doing. It will be controllable the stable flight. But after the 2 nd a raising message is displayed:
    And the I will have to calibrated by again and again. Because the message will appear permanently. what should I do?

IMG_5394.JPG

14. DmitriyA

how to contact the yuneec man tell me.

15. Dragonflyerthom

DC is correct compass calibration and the accelerometor are all done by the lights on the typhoon H you have 30 seconds to calibrate the compass and do not touch or move the accelerometer until you see the lights turn

16. DmitriyA

DC ? what is it?

17. clive long

I haven't once calibrated since getting my h. Never had any probs at all, so I won't be rushing to do it. If it ain't broke why try to fix it..

18. Dragonflyerthom

DC that would be drone clone

#18 Dragonflyerthom, Sep 12, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
  19. DmitriyA

How can a lot of different drones and all with their own character and habits :mad:

20. Marnix Verschraegen

Sorry but i do always a compas calibration facing north. I'm used to do it with myu DJI Phantom 3 an never had a problem. I dit it with my Yuneec Q500+ until sold it. I do it now with my H and i've now flown 12 flights without any problem and also with the latest firmware.

Marnix