Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!
Reaction score
Hi there,,,, looking for some help, had a firmware update disaster! Unsure if it was the H or laptop,,, but now have the dead drone etc etc,, so can't try install new update,, so I'm looking for old 1.28 fc firmware or another way to flash flight controller..
Ta in advance

so I'm looking for old 1.28 fc firmware or another way to flash flight controller..
Ta in advance
I'm not at all certain what file you mean. I opened a few of the older download packages, and gave up extracting things looking for it. If you know which update version it was in, and/or the full filename, let me know and I'll see if I can find it.

However, the latest update versions for the TH are available on the Yuneec UK website, and that part of the website seems to be functional. (I just downloaded the current Drone and controller files from it.) Your best chance may be to update everything to the current version.
Downloads for our products | Firmware & Manuals - Yuneec
If the download does not work for you, let me know and we will get them to you.

I'm looking for old 1.28 fc firmware
I think you are looking for the recovering firmware to install using the GUI. However, 1.28 is an old version. You should use 1.35. The instructions are below. Download the file from this link:

Attachments

• Recovery for the H.txt
    841 bytes · Views: 36
I'm not at all certain what file you mean. I opened a few of the older download packages, and gave up extracting things looking for it. If you know which update version it was in, and/or the full filename, let me know and I'll see if I can find it.

However, the latest update versions for the TH are available on the Yuneec UK website, and that part of the website seems to be functional. (I just downloaded the current Drone and controller files from it.) Your best chance may be to update everything to the current version.
Downloads for our products | Firmware & Manuals - Yuneec
If the download does not work for you, let me know and we will get them to you.
Morning,,
Thanks for your reply. So as I had a problem updating and it all stopped half way, now my drone will only beep when switched, no lights, no connection to st16, so I need a way to flash the fc from the gui, if you see the image i think what I need is there, looking for "old flight controller firmware" unless you have a way I can update drone through gui. Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210205-222351_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210205-222351_Samsung Internet.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 23
Sorry I should of said how it all started,, H was working nice, until I tried to land, I stayed about 8ft above and would not come any lower, so I landed it on top of my horse lorry. After this fully charged H and ST, done re bind, all calibration etc, but drone suck on acquiring GPS with plenty sats, I spoke with Yuneec they advised me the 3v batt on gps, so I replaced that (old one had 2.1v) so wasn't to bad. Then still no change, spoke with Yuneec and was advised to update the H, and half way through this it all stopped, sure my laptop was the guilty one. Now H not fully updated so no function. Ta

I think you are looking for the recovering firmware to install using the GUI. However, 1.28 is an old version. You should use 1.35. The instructions are below. Download the file from this link:
Hello, Perfect thanks, that is the first part done and the drone is back to life! now away to format sd card and download new software, will let you know, Ta

Reactions: WTFDproject
Hi, Ok all the updates went to plan,, all calibrations done, but I still have the original fault, "acquiring gps" never says ready. Please see screen pics. Nightmare!!

Attachments

• 20210206_152016.jpg
    20210206_152016.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 20
  • 20210206_152019.jpg
    20210206_152019.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 20
  • 20210206_152013.jpg
    20210206_152013.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 20
Usually at this point, we would bring up the fact that almost all "GPS acquiring" issues are the result of a bad flight controller board. Your case, maybe not. You pictures show you are indoors, and at the time the pictures were taken, you had a very minimal sat count.
A little background; It isn't just the "count" that matters. The drone will "count" any satellite it sees. Whether the quality of the signal is good enough to use or not also matters.

Two things you can try before defaulting to the "Bad FC Board" diagnosis:
1.) Take it outside with a clear view of the sky for awhile.
2.) Hook up to the GUI. Look at the "GPS Information" screen, and see if enough of the satellites are showing in green. This is only looking at drone satellites, but the controller will be seeing some of the same issues.

Sat Quality.JPG

Yip I had it sitting in the field for about 10 minutes then the snow started again, maybe wasn't long enough. I have just switched on in house just now, hooked up to gui, can you have a look at pics and let me know your thoughts. Need to wait patiently until snow stops so I can let stand for longer outside.

Attachments

• 20210206_162500.jpg
    20210206_162500.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 11
  • 20210206_162241.jpg
    20210206_162241.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 12
  • 20210206_162237.jpg
    20210206_162237.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 13
  • 20210206_162225.jpg
    20210206_162225.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 13
  • 20210206_162218.jpg
    20210206_162218.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 13
Ok strange the st16 is not picking up any sats but the H has seen 13? Tried reseting

The GPS antenna on the ST16 is near the lower edge of the controller. Make sure that area has a clear view of the sky.

Attachments

• GPS Antenna location.jpg
    GPS Antenna location.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 22
The screenshot indicates the drone thinks it is 60Km above the middle of the Labrador Sea.
That's not real encouraging. And we should not overlook the landing problems you described just before it failed to acquire GPS on the next startup. Maybe a bad flight controller is actually to blame after all. @Steve Carr, what did you think of the landing problems described above?
It would still be a good idea to wait on Mother Nature to get in a little better mood. Snow and overcast are not really "GPS killers", but they can't be helpful.

Reactions: Steve Carr
It would help to have a screenshot of the firmware versions.
A bad FC will certainly cause the GPS Acquiring problem. But it will also cause erratic flight making it nearly impossible to control the aircraft. Turning off the GPS allows you to regain control. I have not seen a bad FC cause a failure to descend.

@Kevin788 can you take a screenshot to show the firmware versions?

Latest_2017-06-30-22-11-26.jpg

Hi, quick update, been in the middle of the field, no overhead wires, phone off no metal etc, stayed for 45mins, 16/14 sats, all calibrations done, still sticks on acquiring. I'm thinking FC, tried everything

It would help to have a screenshot of the firmware versions.
A bad FC will certainly cause the GPS Acquiring problem. But it will also cause erratic flight making it nearly impossible to control the aircraft. Turning off the GPS allows you to regain control. I have not seen a bad FC cause a failure to descend.

@Kevin788 can you take a screenshot to show the firmware versions?

View attachment 24706
Hi there, please find screen shot.
Thanks

Attachments

• 20210207_135600.jpg
    20210207_135600.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 20
I'm thinking FC, tried everything
I agree. All the firmware looks fine. One last thing to check would be the flightlogs. You can upload the flightlogs here, and tell us the approximate date and time of the flight that failed to descend. But yeah, things are sure looking like a failed FC at this point.
Instructions for getting the flightlogs are Attachment 59 (Typhoon H Flight Log Retrieval) of the PDF document attached to Way To Fix Drones project.

I will look and upload them later, can remember time or date, but I know it was the last two times I had my H out so should be latest ones,, thinking of a typhoon h520 as a second drone, whats your thoughts on them? Thanks

Failing to get a GPS "Ready" indication is a classic sign of an FC failure for sure.
What is your primary use when flying? Video? Pics?
The H Plus is geared toward videography/photography and the H520 for mapping/inspections. They are identical machines with different software so get the Plus if you aren't doing mapping.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval