Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!
@Kevin788 when is the last time the TH was actually in the air? I am not seeing anything in the past month or more.

The last flight the logs show was on May 20th near an area that looks like a huge greenhouse facility. There was a loss of GPS near the end of the flight and apparently a mishap that errored Motor 4 and caused an emergency shutdown (motors disarmed).

Reactions: Kevin788
Yip that will be the one, green house, shed, stables etc at my home,
I spoke with my wife, she said that will be it, she said remember summer last year when you had to ditch it in the sand school! She said with a giggle!!!

The long storage of the aircraft may be the issue at this point. Place a fully charged battery in the aircraft and power it on. Let it sit outside if possible, or on a covered patio, or indoors as a last resort. Leave it for about four hours monitoring the battery charge every so often to ensure you don’t harm the battery. This is to start building a charge in the GPS battery. Right now it never gets a good almanac loaded so never goes to GPS Ready.

You don’t have to leave the controller on the entire time. Just power it up every 20 minutes, let it bind, and check the battery voltage. When it gets down to 14.6 volts check to see if you are getting GPS Ready, then power off and remove the battery.

If you have a second battery you can continue the process if necessary. Always let your batteries cool down before charging them again or placing them at storage voltage of 15.2 to 15.4 volts.

The long storage of the aircraft may be the issue at this point. Place a fully charged battery in the aircraft and power it on. Let it sit outside if possible, or on a covered patio, or indoors as a last resort. Leave it for about four hours monitoring the battery charge every so often to ensure you don’t harm the battery. This is to start building a charge in the GPS battery. Right now it never gets a good almanac loaded so never goes to GPS Ready.

You don’t have to leave the controller on the entire time. Just power it up every 20 minutes, let it bind, and check the battery voltage. When it gets down to 14.6 volts check to see if you are getting GPS Ready, then power off and remove the battery.

If you have a second battery you can continue the process if necessary. Always let your batteries cool down before charging them again or placing them at storage voltage of 15.2 to 15.4 volts.
Ok I will leave at patio window, I will let you know just after 10pm,,, thanks

Hello,,, 4hrs later, H is seeing a good amount of sats but still not acquired gps, I thinks that confirms what we all think.. FC, does anyone have any idea what goes wrong on the flight controller? Strange as the unit function, it can be re flashed with new software but not play? Odd things! Well thanks you guys for all your help, I will order up an FC tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20210207_221636.jpg
    20210207_221636.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 8
  • 20210207_221639.jpg
    20210207_221639.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 8
Reactions: WTFDproject
Looks that way. What a shame.

what goes wrong on the flight controller?
Most of the those that I've seen fail were exposed to excessive heat. Perhaps in the trunk of a car parked in the sun on a hot day. But I'm sure there are other factors that could cause a failure. No one has found a way to correct a failed FC to my knowledge.

I saw one intersting statement that say after 4h outside the GPS came back to work:

I think it is worth to try before one replaces the MCU-board.

Another question: Is it possible to get one of those 'defective' MCU boards for further investigations? I'm in Europe (Germany), so I think best from Europe.

br HE

I saw one intersting statement that say after 4h outside the GPS came back to work:

Another question: Is it possible to get one of those 'defective' MCU boards for further investigations? I'm in Europe (Germany), so I think best from Europe.

br HE
Hi, your more than welcome to my one, I'm in Scotland but could post in a letter?

@h-elsner it would be interesting to try the multiple hour "burn-in" time to see if it has any effect. I am skeptical since it normally takes 12.5 min to download the almanac GPS data. So a longer wait would only provide time for the FC to somehow heal itself.

I have several bad FC boards so if @Kevin788 is unable to send one, I can do so.

Steve,

Has reflashing the FW to the FC ever had any good effect for the GPS Acquiring problem? I know changing the GPS module rarely fixes this issue, and we have seen several that exhibit this problem after being stored for months without being powered up.

Has reflashing the FW to the FC ever had any good effect for the GPS Acquiring problem?
I've never had any luck with reflashing. Every one that I've fixed needed a new FC. That is an immediate fix.
Also, I don't think the failure is related to storage unless it's stored in a hot location. Each that I have had to deal with could be traced to overheating.

Just to be honest in front of me and helpful to the community, today I tested this solution. Sorry to say, but this is not the right solution. Let us go further...

I live in the United States and need to download the firmware file for the Typhoon H drone. Does it matter if I download the file from the yuneec UK webiste instead of the United States?

I live in the United States and need to download the firmware file for the Typhoon H drone. Does it matter if I download the file from the yuneec UK webiste instead of the United States?
Did you see the answer to your post in another thread ?

br HE
Hi H,
I would be Happy to send you some Bad F/C's from the Typhoon H, just PM me with your mailing address, and I will send you several to Inspect, I too am curious why they seem to go bad when they were working fine until the Drone was stored normally until the next Flight. I have a dozen or so that are Bad, and don't want to dispose of them in Hopes of a Fix, I would think they could be salvaged, and possibly be used again....;)

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hospitalstore123