Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

1.5.10 firmware now live!!!!!

I'm in the mission planner, created a flight plan with the waypoints, selected an ROI, BUT in each waypoint it still gives me camera options rather than focusing on the ROI. So I don't think its as someone else suggested that it's the same as orbit/POI when you tap a point on the map while flying and you select orbit.

I'm in the mission planner, created a flight plan with the waypoints, selected an ROI, BUT in each waypoint it still gives me camera options rather than focusing on the ROI. So I don't think its as someone else suggested that it's the same as orbit/POI when you tap a point on the map while flying and you select orbit.

I have asked Yuneec UK to clarify the POI and ROI with some instructions. Hopefully I will get an answer.

Reactions: illest7
Terrain follow is in the ST16S update and not in the PC version. So too are concave polygons, a transect flight angle slider and rotate entry point function. All very useful. :D
And ROI, but I'm not sure how to use that yet.

Thanks Graham. Its a pity the desktop version is behind the controller version. Oh well, dont particulary like planning on the ST16s due to the screen size.

The problem is the update of the camera, and are studying how to fix it, we just have to wait or return to the previous version to continue working or testing the new features.

POI and ROI are exactly the same. Don't confuse it with the circular flight function around the transmitter. This function is also announced in the description of the update.

Reset the E90 to install the new update I also tried. But the only thing that allows you is to install the latest firmware, all right up to here, but then the firmware fails again.
same type problem with V 1.0.52 problem with install, will only install over a very old firmware, works but crashes after 3 or 4 flights with red flashing LED, need a reinstall to get working again

Reactions: ;-)
I read that. It's not the same thing though (at least it shouldn't be). I mean, there is a significant difference between a point an a region. That's the whole... point ;)

Also it was simple to figure out how to use POI. Click on the map, select orbit and voila. But ROI seems to be something different, something to be included in planned flight. But how? The only option to set there is where do you want the ROI point to be (even though it should be a region you cannot input more than one point) and the altitude. These settings are different than the ones you set for POI, which is another difference proving that these are two different flight modes. it appears though that the ROI is not functional yet. That's how I see it for now.

When the copter was on the ground I planned a flight that only consisted of a ROI. Usually when I tried uploading a flight plan like that, an upload error happened. But once it succeeded, and the slider button appeared. I pressed the slider, the copter armed the motors.... and nothing happened, it didn't even take off.

Can someone confirm he made the copter fly in circles using the ROI function? Or just made the copter do anything using the ROI function? :D

A Region can be very small, like a dot..................... xDDDDDDDdd

It's easy to understand, ROI and POI are the same, and why? because the flight controller has to know where to aim the camera and the camera cannot aim at different points simultaneously. How would it know where it points if we define a "region" or area? With what criteria would it change from one point to another in the region? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :p:p:p

Thanks Graham. Its a pity the desktop version is behind the controller version. Oh well, dont particulary like planning on the ST16s due to the screen size.
I replaced Bing maps with Google as the latter are now much better and am able to zoom to view useful detail. Like you, I prefer to plan surveys on the PC, but with extra functions on the ST16S will be using this in future. Somebody suggested using a stylus when I complained about the size of the PIX4D app symbols on the ST16S, but I have yet to try that. Maybe soon!:)

I forgot to comment. When you plan missions, there are certain points that are not displacement points, but orders that are given to the flight controller. For example, and following what we are talking about, imagine the following:

An area with 3 buildings separated from each other. I can plan a flight, in whatever way you want it to pass more or less close to each building. When I start the flight I want the camera to look at the first building and point all the time to the first building, when I approach the second building I want the camera to point to the second building and point all the time to the third building and when it approaches the third building do the same as in the two previous cases. How do you normally do that? You put a ROI on top of the first building and add the waipoints of the first building, you put another ROI that points to the second building and add the waypoints of the second and to finish you add another ROI (or command that makes the camera point to a certain point) and add the waypoints that circulated (for example) the third building. In this way, with the POI or ROI points you determine where the camera "looks" or points.

As little as I could look at the new update, and knowing that in almost all flight planners works like this, I understand that with the H520 it does it this way as well. You will confirm to me if it is true what I say, with the problems of the updates I have not been able to look at it in detail.

Reactions: ;-) and Graham
after the camera default reset all seems OK, tried 5 times now to disconnect and start the system and every time has been ok. hopefully i can do a full flight test tomorrow.
my problem now is the maps wont download to the offline memory, any suggestions on setting the cache and memory sizes?
Every time i start it only shows the full world view and wont let me zoom in to a decent level.

I forgot to comment. When you plan missions, there are certain points that are not displacement points, but orders that are given to the flight controller. For example, and following what we are talking about, imagine the following:

An area with 3 buildings separated from each other. I can plan a flight, in whatever way you want it to pass more or less close to each building. When I start the flight I want the camera to look at the first building and point all the time to the first building, when I approach the second building I want the camera to point to the second building and point all the time to the third building and when it approaches the third building do the same as in the two previous cases. How do you normally do that? You put a ROI on top of the first building and add the waipoints of the first building, you put another ROI that points to the second building and add the waypoints of the second and to finish you add another ROI (or command that makes the camera point to a certain point) and add the waypoints that circulated (for example) the third building. In this way, with the POI or ROI points you determine where the camera "looks" or points.

As little as I could look at the new update, and knowing that in almost all flight planners works like this, I understand that with the H520 it does it this way as well. You will confirm to me if it is true what I say, with the problems of the updates I have not been able to look at it in detail.

Have you tried it? Because I have and at each WP, theres camera instructions and the ROI dot doesn't dictate where the camera is looking. I still have to enter pitch and yaw.

Reactions: DroneCalzone
after the camera default reset all seems OK, tried 5 times now to disconnect and start the system and every time has been ok. hopefully i can do a full flight test tomorrow.
my problem now is the maps wont download to the offline memory, any suggestions on setting the cache and memory sizes?
Every time i start it only shows the full world view and wont let me zoom in to a decent level.
The ST16S no longer appears to retain the last location and starts with a world view. When the GPS obtains a fix, it should load a map of your location, but this now seems to take longer. To set cache size, go into the Offline Maps menu and select options. The default capacity seems more than adequate for my purposes. I haven't seen the option to set the tile size range for some time and wonder if this has gone.
Edit: today the ST16S map has gone straight to my location. I wonder if it displays the world view when it doesn't have a GPS fix?

Last edited:

on a single ROI the H520 always points at the ROI as it moves through way points, it doesn't change the pitch of the camera onless programmed to do so. I have not tried multible ROI points but would expect it to work as you describe

Have you tried it? Because I have and at each WP, theres camera instructions and the ROI dot doesn't dictate where the camera is looking. I still have to enter pitch and yaw.

You determine that, but the orientation, where the camera points is with respect to the point you have determined, with respect to the ROI. In an advanced ROI, you change the altitude and the camera adapts, for now the one we have, they have already commented that it is not capable of doing that but that it is in the plans to do it.

You determine that, but the orientation, where the camera points is with respect to the point you have determined, with respect to the ROI. In an advanced ROI, you change the altitude and the camera adapts, for now the one we have, they have already commented that it is not capable of doing that but that it is in the plans to do it.

So do I leave YAW at 0? ROI will determine that and I enter the pitch for the camera angle? That didnt seem to work....

Reset the E90 to install the new update I also tried. But the only thing that allows you is to install the latest firmware, all right up to here, but then the firmware fails again.

which version you could install? ("allows you is to install the latest firmware")
1.0.39 / 1.0.44 / ?
txs

So I downloaded datapilot for Mac so that I can set poi in a plan and export it.
Only problem is I don’t speak portugwaneseabicski so can’t understand a flipping word it’s saying PMSL.
English will do fine please.
You couldn’t write the cockups 1.5 is causing in a comedy sketch.
Back to the drawing board mr developers. Jeeeeeeez

Reactions: BigAl07 and ;-)
So do I leave YAW at 0? ROI will determine that and I enter the pitch for the camera angle? That didnt seem to work....

That's how I understand it. When the function is more advanced, than it seems not to be now, it controls both.

which version you could install? ("allows you is to install the latest firmware")
1.0.39 / 1.0.44 / ?
txs

With the 1.0.44E I have been able to try things, little but I have been able to at least establish connection without problem. When they release the current corrected version, it will be a matter of updating only the camera. Maybe they update something else, we have to wait to know.

In my case I've gone back all, but the third restart has again broken the latest version of the E90. Therefore I will keep the 1.0.44 in the camera to be able to work.

there is a video online (rename the zip to mp4 )
and shows the zoom future. ( auto focusing not ? )
is the 1.0.52 only showing 8x zoom on the screen/hdmi
or does this record to video same like we see on screen/hdmi?
can someone confirm this?
( edit: i think this other video answered my question )

other theme ( android zoom )
so if we zoom by android the full screen we can zoom then 4xoptical by camera soft
further 8x by digital zoom camera firmware and and least 2-4 zoom faktor by android
right?

txs

Attachments

• 1..0.52_8xzoom.mp4.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:
The way I’ve understood it is this.
The E90 will zoom x8 lossless but the ST16 will zoom x4 lossless and then x4-x8 you will get losses in resolution.
I would need to do a video to confirm that though.

A Region can be very small, like a dot..................... xDDDDDDDdd

It's easy to understand, ROI and POI are the same, and why? because the flight controller has to know where to aim the camera and the camera cannot aim at different points simultaneously. How would it know where it points if we define a "region" or area? With what criteria would it change from one point to another in the region? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :p:p:p

That's how 3DR did ROI. Otherwise it makes no sense to call it a region, in my opinion. POI would be fine.
742831044_780x439.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apalomba