Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

1.5.10 firmware now live!!!!!

It seems everyone has had such a different experience! I was very lucky. I used updatepilot and it all updated 1st time without a problem. Shame that there is no official manual though. Although I think everyone here documents the features far better anyway.

Flying again today. Unlike last time, all the video clips were recorded.
Orbit POI again worked very well. The aileron stick controls the direction and speed of the orbit, elevator changes the size of the orbit. Push forward to make the orbit smaller, pull back to expand the orbit. The orbit display on the ST16S changes in turn and the orbit can be expanded beyond the size first selected. Throttle changes the altitude of the flight.
I ran the waypoint POI three times. On the first, the camera pointed in the wrong direction, but in the subsequent flights it pointed in the direction of the POI well, but not perfectly. I tried to keep the POI central in the frame, but of course yawing returned the H520 to my control.
I also did a survey flight and that was fine.

I ran the waypoint POI three times. On the first, the camera pointed in the wrong direction, but in the subsequent flights it pointed in the direction of the POI well, but not perfectly. I tried to keep the POI central in the frame, but of course yawing returned the H520 to my control.
I also did a survey flight and that was fine.

When you say waypoint POI you mean ROI? ;)

Last edited:
The information shown by the icons in the top bar has changed slightly.

The station icon has the visual icon and % of battery remaining, as well as the amount of signal visually. Pressing it gives us the remaining battery % of the station and the signal %.

The satellite signal icon is visually displayed in Red (no stable satellite reception), Yellow (weak satellite reception) and Green (optimal satellite reception). If we press the icon, it shows us the number of satellites with valid reception, the state of the combined reception (the ideal is 3D Lock), the H and V DOP that is the "distance" of error in horizontal and vertical. It also shows us Course Over Ground which is the actual direction of progress of a vessel, between two points, with respect to the surface of the earth. The vessel's Heading may differ from the Course over ground due to the effects of wind, Tide and currents.

In the central position, in letters, we have the current flight mode that can vary between Manual, Eagle, RTL... and if we press it we can press the flight mode buttons if we don't want to use the corresponding stick.

More things. Now with this version I have the feeling that the battery of the ST16S lowers at more speed, that there is more consumption. Has anyone noticed?

• Support for concave polygon missions
    When we configure a survey mission, we have the possibility to activate the option Split concave polygons. I really see what it does, how it changes the route to separate those parts of the polygon but I really don't understand what it's for because the flight time, the tests I've done always increase. Maybe I'm not doing well and I can't see its usefulness. Does anyone understand exactly how it works?
  • Brake at waypoint in mission if stop is required
    I assume, we have to try, that when we are making a mission and we stop the mission while it is being made gives us the option to choose in which waypoint we want it to stop. Question of testing.
  • Vehicle can stuck in a waypoint during mission
    I assume, we have to try, that when we are making a mission and we pause the mission while it is being made gives us the option to choose in which waypoint we want it to pause. Question of testing.
  • Fixed altitude lock during mission
    After looking at all the options, I believe that as in the two previous points, during the flight, doing something determined, we can make the whole mission is carried out at a certain height. It is a question of trying and continuing to investigate.
  • Yaw stick deadzone and exponential curve
    I'm bored of looking, and I can't find either option. I don't think they show up while you're flying, everything can be. Does anyone know anything about this function?
As you can see we still have things in the air, we have to try. Unfortunately it doesn't stop raining or snowing here. Those of you who are lucky enough to have more favourable weather conditions, can you share your experiences with the new functions?

Reactions: Graham
@arruntus - you asked me to put this info in the update thread, so I am. I had some problems with RTH, but I was not able to replicate them. This only occurred in one flight. More info in my thread: Trouble with RTH - not ascending to predetermined altitude?

about the yaw stick thing: I think it doesn't show on the hardware monitor (I was not able to notice any difference), and I didn't pay attention to how it behaved in flight, as I was focused on testing other things, but I think this option would be very useful. I was doing some city night shots, and I noticed that even after letting go the stick, the copter yawed just a tiny bit and the longer I waited after letting go the stick, the less the copter yawed, this caused the photos to be slightly not clear (due to a long exposure time combined with the slight movement of the copter). If there was a bit of a deadzone (or more exponential curve), it would eliminate the problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: arruntus
I don't remember seeing this before, but there is an option for surveys that cover a circular area. Tap on the circle symbol that looks a bit like a rifle cross-hairs and the options Remove vertex, Circle, Polygon and Load KML/SHP... appear. Before anyone gets excited the H520 flies across the survey area in straight lines.:) Was that there before?

Last edited:
I've had 3 or 4 DataPilot crashes but they've all happened to me in different circumstances and going back to the same place they haven't happened to me again. Even DataPilot has gone into graphical editing mode. The application has to be strengthened even more.

The most important thing now is that we can fly safely, that we don't have disconnections and that we find out how the new functions work. We have to take advantage of them :)

Reactions: BigAl07
The following firmwares have changed:

E90 -> v1.0.56
DataPilot Android -> v1.5.0.0
DataPilot (Mac, Win) -> 1.4.44.47

P.S.: I would wait for them to be officially published or updated through OTA, to avoid possible problems.

Last edited:
The following firmwares have changed:

E90 -> v1.0.56
DataPilot Android -> v1.5.0.0
DataPilot (Mac, Win) -> 1.4.44.47

P.S.: I would wait for them to be officially published or updated through OTA, to avoid possible problems.

Just updated OTA... Pain in the arse, lost offline maps again lol... E90 asked for password again... remembered my own pass code.. so went through okay.. camera seems glitchy, but will see when testing.
Re - Last firmware, I flew it today, but loads of signal loss/communication errors encountered.
Noticed when lifting landing gear, loss of signal occurred "strange". Also when changing from camera to video camera, signal loss occurred..
Didn't use any of the new auto flight features, due to the above signal issues, however tested the new zoom which worked well..

Reactions: arruntus
I haven't been able to fly yet because it doesn't stop raining, when I changed from photo to video I didn't lose signal, but the screen went black for a second. Maybe you mean that.

They have taken out this small update to correct errors of the previous one. Now it is important that we continue testing so that they can continue correcting the possible errors that the update still may have.

Tomorrow I will update and test what I can, on land :rolleyes:

I haven't been able to fly yet because it doesn't stop raining, when I changed from photo to video I didn't lose signal, but the screen went black for a second. Maybe you mean that.

They have taken out this small update to correct errors of the previous one. Now it is important that we continue testing so that they can continue correcting the possible errors that the update still may have.

Tomorrow I will update and test what I can, on land :rolleyes:

My email ended up on a very important desk apparently on Tuesday morning. And it’s nice to see Yuneec addressing the connection issues I experienced so quickly.

However if you are on a Mac the desktop datapilot is NOT in English.

Reactions: DataFlight
However if you are on a Mac the desktop datapilot is NOT in English.
DataPilot 1.4.44.47 on my working properly. I haven't noticed any untranslated world, all in english. Where exactly you found that?

The Windows desktop DataPilot now seems to have the same functions as the ST16S so terrain following is available, as is angle of transect etc.:)

Reactions: DroneCalzone
New datapilot 1.5 seems to be uncompatible with 1.0.52 E90 fw. first start everything ok but DataPilot crashed and after restart there is video but no possibility to change camera settings.
EDIT: nope after update to 1.0.56_A the same problem, after DataPilot restart that's impossible to control camera settings.

New Datapilot have resolved problem with hidding telemetry display after double tap.
Also in Wp and ROI settings interface changed to previous version without sliders to adjust altitude.
DataPilot still don't properly shows RTGS/RT.

Last edited:
New datapilot 1.5 seems to be uncompatible with 1.0.52 E90 fw. first start everything ok but DataPilot crashed and after restart there is video but no possibility to change camera settings.
EDIT: nope after update to 1.0.56_A the same problem, after DataPilot restart that's impossible to control camera settings.
It works with E90 v1.0.38 (the last stable firmware for the E90)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vbd777