Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

10000mah st16 battery

I'll be charging it in the st16 hooked into the venom 4port charger that already charges the stock battery much faster than than the yuneec charger. We shall see

I'm told by the seller 1s 2amps max charge rate. Or in the st16.
All lipos I have ever dealt with support 1c charge rate . for a 10000mah battery it should be able to take a 10amp charge if the battery is any count .

Id be very careful . could be a 1000mah battery with another label . in that case your st16 will go dead very fast

Reactions: PatR
Or 10,000mAh which just takes 10 hours to charge and only lasts an 1/8th as long. Hmmm...
I sense "Bad Optics" with this one. I actually hate that term "Bad Optics" but I guess it's popular on the beltway.

I'll be charging it in the st16 hooked into the venom 4port charger that already charges the stock battery much faster than than the yuneec charger. We shall see

Robert,

Gurunsonwheels has brought up some very good points when he is telling you about charge rates. The seller has done a couple things that make me very leery about charging and using this battery. The labeled charge rate is one, and the sellers comment on charge rate.

As stated, all lipos and lipolys charge at a 1c charge rate at minimum. That the seller contradicts this charge rate 3 times so far are massive red flags. Either the battery is not what they say it is, very low quality, or they don't know what they are talking about is distressing. I would absolutely not charge it in my ST-16 and risk destruction of the ST-16.

At best I would first charge it at 1/2C using an external charger in a safe place. I would then use that charger to discharge the battery at the same rate. Next, I would repeat the process at a 1C rate, monitoring the battery temperature for both the charge and discharge cycles. I would also note the time to charge and mA count for those cycles. If the battery cannot handle a 1C charge rate it is defective in design and should not be used for anything but target practice. The seller could be selling you a much lower capacity battery labeled with a higher capacity to make people think they are getting a great deal. They don't care if it works poorly or burns your house down.

Last edited:
Started the charge this morning at 10:30 the st16 showed a red battery picture 30 min later it was yellow and now its fully charged. Test tomarrow

Oh ya and it came in a cool little box with a foam cutout that also holds the original battery firmly in place.

No matter . a discharged 10000mah battery would take 10-11 hrs at 1A and 5-6 at 2A .
If you charge in the st16 much longer unless the battery is in fact a lower mah battery .

That is simply the facts of a Lipo .

Does not matter who made it .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold