Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

1st Post! Attempting to adj curve of rudder stick for ST16s. Not at all familiar with the controller.

I suspect you are overloading your computer, not having an issue with the camera. You might want to at least try 1080 resolution at about 48 fps or slower. Do you have anyone available with a computer that might process 4K @ 60fps?

Reactions: Mike Irish
Can anybody tell me what kind of processor, amount of ram, does it require a dedicated video processor, and speed of processor, or type of video program I need to adequately run a 4K video @ 60 fps? I thought maybe this LG Gram would be adequate, but maybe not since it does not have a dedicated video processor.
But, now, I have a different problem. I went flying again and as I was returning, I was about 150 ft straight over head when I tried to decend. I was flying in Sport mode with full speed, not tortus spd, but I was not able to decend. Down, on my left stk had no response. I ck my OBS but I was already in Sport mode, but I turned it off anyway, but still not response. My Bat was above 30% and it just hoverred above me. I don't recall attempting any rt stk movements because I was just trying to bring it in and land. I finally switched to RTH and immediately, the bird decended and when it got to about 10 ft above ground, I switched it to angle mode and had complete control, and landed it wo incident. I haven't flown it since, and that was yesterday. I have never had that happen before, and it kind of freaked me out, evern tho it was right over my head only 150 ft up. I had no idea if RTH would work, but it was all I cud think of. And why, once it was down to about 10 or 20 ft up, was I able to regain complete control after switching out of RTH? Cud one of my recent crashed have something to do with it???

BTW, WTFD, I am pretty happy with the C23 camera, but I am more interested in making use of the 4K 60fps capabilities of it, so I need to find a computer, preferably a laptop, capable of handling that rate of performance. Would a 17 inch gaming laptop do the job, I wonder??

I flew today and everything was fine but I noticed my signal strengh on the 5.8G which I believe is the video transmission was 1 bar low at about 60 ft straight up, and 2bars low at about 350 ft up and straight over head but sometimes would still be only 2 bars low and as far out, in open flat country as far as 1500 ft out. But on one flight I was up 350 ft but close by and my video, mostly the bottom half, wud be all glitchy and stayed that way until I was only 40 or 50 ft up and straight over head. And on one flight I hand caught the bird with no problems, but when I pushed the red stop button, it had no affect. I did it over and over as I held the bird, but no response. The motor wud not quit. I have never had any of these kind of problems before, and after about 5 min of pushing the button it finally worked and the motor stopped. I shut everything down and restarted, and continued to fly with no problems. I do have to note that this was a hot day. It reached 99 degrees F. I am not sure if that had any affect, because I was able to restart and continue to fly with a good video and no further incidents.

• Wow
Which antenna do you use for the 5.8GHz WiFi , the omnidirectional mushroom or the directional patch?

Straight overhead can be one of the weakest links to the aircraft because of the radiation pattern of the antennas. The mushroom antenna radiates in a 360 degree donut about its longitudinal axis. If the top is pointed at the aircraft that is the weakest part of its radiation pattern. The patch antenna on the other hand needs to have its flat surface pointed at the aircraft to keep the strongest part of its radiation pattern on the aircraft.

I am aware of this. I am using the mushroom, but I have never experienced this total lack of vertical control before at any height. I have not tried the directional antenna, since I am not going for long distance tests. I usually get 1500 ft and up to 2500 ft in dense city areas. I moved the transmitter all around and switched out of RS, but I first tried switching to Sport where sensors are not active, but nothing worked, till I switched to RTH and the bird immediately came down to about 20 ft where I switched back to Sport, lowered my rate to slow, and successfully landed in full control. But I am mixing 2 different situations. That one was when I returned to land but was still about 300 ft directly above me and found that the bird would not decend. I had no vertical control until as a last measure, I switched to RTL and the bird came straight down. The other situation was where I was suddenly getting very weak video and the bottom half of my pix was all broken up and remained so until I was about 50 or 100 ft away, all while I was less than 400 ft away max, and less than 100 ft horizontal distance. All of these situations occurred in the last week, but they are all one time occances, and seem to clear up after I land and restart. I have been flying in open areas, but w'i a mile or two of housing developments.

I flew today and everything was fine but I noticed my signal strengh on the 5.8G which I believe is the video transmission was 1 bar low at about 60 ft straight up, and 2bars low at about 350 ft up and straight over head but sometimes would still be only 2 bars low and as far out, in open flat country as far as 1500 ft out. But on one flight I was up 350 ft but close by and my video, mostly the bottom half, wud be all glitchy and stayed that way until I was only 40 or 50 ft up and straight over head. And on one flight I hand caught the bird with no problems, but when I pushed the red stop button, it had no affect. I did it over and over as I held the bird, but no response. The motor wud not quit. I have never had any of these kind of problems before, and after about 5 min of pushing the button it finally worked and the motor stopped. I shut everything down and restarted, and continued to fly with no problems. I do have to note that this was a hot day. It reached 99 degrees F. I am not sure if that had any affect, because I was able to restart and continue to fly with a good video and no further incidents.

I am wondering if you pushed and held in the red button for more than tree second ? As this will stop the motets. If you were to just push the read button in and then let it go it just won't stop the motets atoll !!
Cheers.
Mike

BTW, WTFD, I am pretty happy with the C23 camera, but I am more interested in making use of the 4K 60fps capabilities of it, so I need to find a computer, preferably a laptop, capable of handling that rate of performance. Would a 17 inch gaming laptop do the job, I wonder??

Yes a top end gaming computer with at least 32 Gb of ram and running a Intel i9 9900K or a AMD Ryzon 9 3900x .Depending on the software you use ie. Adobe / DaVinci Resolve etc. You could have the GPU help with the video transcending. If it were me I would either build a PC or have one built to my specs.
Cheers.
Mike

Mike, yes, I use the red button a lot, but in this instance, I held it for many more than 3 secs, and over and over, but to no avail. The red button was useless. After many tries, I was holding onto the bird, and the speed was up but not full blast, but I cud not let it go, I contemplated pulling the battery out, but after one final attempt of the red button, it finally shut down. It had plenty of bat left, so, since I had hand caught the bird, and it was now trying to fly away, I needed to shut it down, and finally it worked.

• Wow
Mike, yes, I use the red button a lot, but in this instance, I held it for many more than 3 secs, and over and over, but to no avail. The red button was useless. After many tries, I was holding onto the bird, and the speed was up but not full blast, but I cud not let it go, I contemplated pulling the battery out, but after one final attempt of the red button, it finally shut down. It had plenty of bat left, so, since I had hand caught the bird, and it was now trying to fly away, I needed to shut it down, and finally it worked.
Well the only other thing that I can think of is corrosion on the contacts. Remove the chell of the tranni and clean the button electrical contacts.
Hope this jhelps.
Mike

I will look for a gaming laptop with at least those specs and get that software! Thanks, Mike! And since the problem with the red button....The next time I flew, and evertime thereafter, I have had no problems w/ it. It has worked everytime since with no problems.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval