Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

1st real crash of a Yuneec drone

Yuneec for years (Q500). H Plus since Dec. 2018.
Today, after years flying both a Typhoon Q500+ and H Plus, I had the H plus fall from about 50 ft. It wasn't a low battery, obstacle, too few stats or something.

The way that lays out can be misinterpreted as it implies both have been flown for years each, but at the same time it is correct as it references two models. Not the most concise statement but technically correct.

Sometimes we can be a little “picky”.

Today, after years flying both a Typhoon Q500+ and H Plus, I had the H plus fall from about 50 ft. It wasn't a low battery, obstacle, too few stats or something.

Come on, @Mrgs1!

The last line of the original post clarified all:

Today, after years flying both a Typhoon Q500+ and H Plus... “

“ ...I've had the Plus since December of 2018, with no problems.”

[emoji41]

Jeff

Well, I was on the phone with Yuneec and the bird will be off to KAV as soon as UPS sends me a return label. I did download that telemetry app for my Suse 64-bit Linux box, q500log2kml by Helmut Elsner. My last flight was about 1 minute long. The battery was fine but no other data besides date/times and duration. The entries for Ceiling, Distance, Length of trip, Top speed, and Umin were blank.

Thanks to all for your help. I flew drone for about 8 minutes, landed and put in a fresher battery. Maybe I didn't double check the seating of it. After about another minute of flight, it had a hard landing. It hurts to say the "C" word :)

Well, ya know....a “good” landing is any landing you can walk away from, where a “great” landing is any landing you can walk away from AND use the aircraft again.....so, you had a “good” landing.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
That effect has not happened in all the years manuals have been provided for anything. How many people can truthfully say they’ve read the owners manual included with a new car, cover to cover?

I can’t....
Heck no. They blame the car and waste the dealers time until they get the manual read to them

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval