Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

2-24 Firmware V3.03 and ST16 B30 - Post Your Results Here

What are your results with the new Feb. 2017 Firmware

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i have updated my h and st16.
bind the th with pc and gui (st16 off)
set the height

turn off rebind the gui and TH
and again it shows factory settings.

is that normal ?
maybe the settings are done but the
GUI don't ask what's in the H

thanks for help yuneec friends

i have updated my h and st16.
bind the th with pc and gui (st16 off)
set the height

turn off rebind the gui and TH
and again it shows factory settings.

is that normal ?
maybe the settings are done but the
GUI don't ask what's in the H

thanks for help yuneec friends
I'm guessing that may be the case. The only way to tell is to try it. @Rayray set it up and flew and it worked as programmed.

Reactions: DroneCrazze
The single most important things are to wait for the GPS receivers of the TH and ST16 to acquire enough locks, and to NOT take off in SMART mode, or the TH will immediately try to put 25 feet of distance between itself and the ST16. This has resulted in cases where people have crashed their brand-new TH within the first few seconds of their very first flight.
I honestly believe you just hit the nail on the head for my first flight...
I could not figure out what happened.
I started the engines and pressed the altitude stick up to take off and as soon as it took off and started to fly directly for my car, I ended up pressing the stop engine button before it got going too quick and only broke one prop but man was so nervous to press that start button again for about a week. I read and watched videos for hours getting to know as much as I possibly could about my H, I did not want to risk having another mishap. I must have overlooked the info that you posted about takin off in smart mode. It makes sense why it would want to get to that set minimum distance but man it could have been very costly to my new investment.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Not sure if its just me... but I can't get the newer v3.03 to update when the CGO-ET is attached. My CGO3+ is currently on its way back to me from a Peau lens update. So i figure I'd update the firmware OTA on the controller (this worked flawlessly), and then on the drone (this never worked). I tried the SD card method (also didn't work). So I now have the ST16 at the newest firmware available as of 02/2017 but the older drone firmware.

Basically, when clicking on the 'UPDATE' link on the ST16 after having everything connect... the display reads a dialogue asking if i'm sure i want to upgrade and to chekc battery life over 50% etc..... I click accept.

The dialogue disappears and nothing happens. Funny thing is that now that the ST16 is updated... its stating that my CGO-ET firmware is old and needs an update on the binding screen.

Any thoughts??

I think that the OTA upgrade uses the Camera data link to install software on the Typhoon. So you need the CGO3+ to install the updated Flight Controller, Gimbal and Camera firmware.

I'm not clear on how the CGO-ET firmware gets updated, or if it is capable of doing an OTA upgrade of the Typhoon like the CGO3+.

Drone Firmware
Firmware Typhoon H STD V3.03 Gimbal:v1.25, Autopilot:v1.34, Camera:v3.2.34
Details

Controller Firmware
Firmware ST16 Controller STD v03.01.b30
Details
H Update Description
  • Add IMU preheating function when IMU temperature is too low and limit takeoff during preheating
  • Improve the land in Home mode
  • Fix the GUI altitude issue
ST16 Description
  • Preheating function
  • H920 model added
  • Add Photo Mode selection instruction beside the setting icon
  • Compatiable with more camera mode
  • Improved OTA
Is this New
Drone Firmware
Firmware Typhoon H STD V3.03 Gimbal:v1.25, Autopilot:v1.34, Camera:v3.2.34
Details

Controller Firmware
Firmware ST16 Controller STD v03.01.b30
Details
H Update Description
  • Add IMU preheating function when IMU temperature is too low and limit takeoff during preheating
  • Improve the land in Home mode
  • Fix the GUI altitude issue
ST16 Description
  • Preheating function
  • H920 model added
  • Add Photo Mode selection instruction beside the setting icon
  • Compatiable with more camera mode
  • Improved OTA
Kev is this new if you press the Typhoon h voltage screen you get control settings nice

Not sure if this is an update issue as I still haven't made a maiden flight. Left the ST16 on charge overnight. It was off and showed charging. This morning, while still plugged into the charger from overnight, the battery was dead. Any ideas?

Not sure if this is an update issue as I still haven't made a maiden flight. Left the ST16 on charge overnight. It was off and showed charging. This morning, while still plugged into the charger from overnight, the battery was dead. Any ideas?

Unplug and wait a bit. Might been overheated during long charging? If it persists maybe use the reset pin.....
I do not think this is an update issue, if so the forum would be full of these issues.

Cheers!

I've had this issue before, was strange. I was charging off of a wall plug and random USB lead, as soon as I switched to the stock chargers USB port and the official Yuneec lead it worked perfectly. Mine never got to completely flat as I caught it after it had reduced by 20%!

Went flying out in the desert and mountains yesterday. I did notice quite a bit of drift during hover. I'll try a recalibration of Accelerometer and compass and see if the issue persists. Not sure if it has anything to do with the update but didn't have this issue before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have to recalibrate after updates, all previous calibration info is lost.

Went flying out in the desert and mountains yesterday. I did notice quite a bit of drift during hover. I'll try a recalibration of Accelerometer and compass and see if the issue persists. Not sure if it has anything to do with the update but didn't have this issue before.

Did you test fly @higher altitudes? Above 400 ft?

I did recalibrate already but I'm going to do it again to see if that's what's causing the drift issue. I should have said RE-try calibrations. My bad.

Hi!

Yuneec.uk stating:
WARNING: DO NOT PERFORM UPDATE VIA CGO-ET
Yuneec.uk Firmware

Best regards.

Not sure if its just me... but I can't get the newer v3.03 to update when the CGO-ET is attached. My CGO3+ is currently on its way back to me from a Peau lens update. So i figure I'd update the firmware OTA on the controller (this worked flawlessly), and then on the drone (this never worked). I tried the SD card method (also didn't work). So I now have the ST16 at the newest firmware available as of 02/2017 but the older drone firmware.

Basically, when clicking on the 'UPDATE' link on the ST16 after having everything connect... the display reads a dialogue asking if i'm sure i want to upgrade and to chekc battery life over 50% etc..... I click accept.

The dialogue disappears and nothing happens. Funny thing is that now that the ST16 is updated... its stating that my CGO-ET firmware is old and needs an update on the binding screen.

Any thoughts??

Reactions: Kev Waite

You can't do that unfortunately. It's killed the regulation at the USB connection so now it's always on thinking it's charging for monitoring charge with battery icon. You can pull the battery and charge it on a RC charger as it has an EC2 connector. If it's under warranty, send it in to Yuneec. This is a known problem and most likely due to bad circuit boards on that USB board and like all defective parts, Yuneec replaces after failure rather then recall everyone's ST16. Mine post repair is behaving again but I won't be leaving it plugged in overnight now as it could happen again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HELP

Guys I have done this update (idiot that I am) following the video guide.
I downloaded the ST16 part no problem, deleted flight data, rebind but I cannot get anything to happen to the H.
When I click update it tells me wifi failed!

You can't do that unfortunately. It's killed the regulation at the USB connection so now it's always on thinking it's charging for monitoring charge with battery icon. You can pull the battery and charge it on a RC charger as it has an EC2 connector. If it's under warranty, send it in to Yuneec. This is a known problem and most likely due to bad circuit boards on that USB board and like all defective parts, Yuneec replaces after failure rather then recall everyone's ST16. Mine post repair is behaving again but I won't be leaving it plugged in overnight now as it could happen again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks, that sounds plausible. I switched to a 5.1v 2.1a ipad charger and it's charging now even while running. Hopefully I can get in the air for the maiden flight in a few hours.

HELP

Guys I have done this update (idiot that I am) following the video guide.
I downloaded the ST16 part no problem, deleted flight data, rebind but I cannot get anything to happen to the H.
When I click update it tells me wifi failed!
I made the mistake thinking that binding the camera also bound the transmitter (coming from DJI mentality). This was not the case. Watch the 3.0 upgrade video, he goes over binding the transmitter itself. Also, did you move the SD card to the camera for the aircraft update?

Reactions: mcbutler
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReparacionDronesMedellin