Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

2-24 Firmware V3.03 and ST16 B30 - Post Your Results Here

What are your results with the new Feb. 2017 Firmware

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just tried the original card and the same thing. Inserted the card into the ST16 and hit update, still only wants to go to the download.
Turn off your wifi in the house, if it searches for a wifi point and cannot find one it may default to card update.

Help need ASAP.

Downloaded the updates.

1. First updated the H with out a problem went fine.
2. Took the SD Card and copied the firmware onto the card for the ST-16. Each time I try to update the ST16, it keeps saying no update found and also wants to download. Tried the download thing but nothing happens. I did notice that the downloaded file is in the apps folder for Download but can not get it to run.

The ST16 file must have a .yuneec extension and either be on the SD card or in the root directory. If you downloaded on the ST16 via the browser it will be in the download folder - just move it 'up' one level with the file manager.

Also, after an upate delete it from the root directory - otherwise the OTA option will not work subsequently.

OK, got the updates installed. Tried to bind the H but the only thing showing up is the camera and not the H. I went and selected the H and had to enter the password but still no H showing up in the binding area.

Just flew my H after the new firmware update... no issues except that I still can't fly higher than 400 feet... After selecting Home mode, the bird flew to within 10 feet of where it took off before I selected Angle mode again... the landing was super smooth!

Just flew my H after the new firmware update... no issues except that I still can't fly higher than 400 feet... After selecting Home mode, the bird flew to within 10 feet of where it took off before I selected Angle mode again... the landing was super smooth!

Did you change the setting in the GUI

OK, got the updates installed. Tried to bind the H but the only thing showing up is the camera and not the H. I went and selected the H and had to enter the password but still no H showing up in the binding area.

I had the same issue this afternoon with the updates.

After the OTA update on the TH, only the camera showed on the ST16 bind screen. This is what I did :

1) Bind to the camera. The view from the camera should show up on the ST16 flying window.
2) Shut down both ST16 and TH.
3) After restarting both, put the TH into bind mode just as THOFF mentioned earlier.
4) Go to the ST16 screen bind and press the 'reset' option. Give it a few seconds.
5) At this point my TH model and camera showed on the bind screen. I selected both and pressed bind option and was successful.
6) After binding, restart everything again.

Flying notes on update after recalibrating everything :

Very windy here in California today, hover was great.
So far my altitude issue with the legs up seems solved. Since the September update the TH would not descend correctly with the legs up. It is now descending with legs up to about 6 feet then will not go lower; this is correct and how I like it. Will test more.

Reactions: mcbutler
Help need ASAP.

Downloaded the updates.

1. First updated the H with out a problem went fine.
2. Took the SD Card and copied the firmware onto the card for the ST-16. Each time I try to update the ST16, it keeps saying no update found and also wants to download. Tried the download thing but nothing happens. I did notice that the downloaded file is in the apps folder for Download but can not get it to run.

Any assistance would be very greatful

Jeff

i have had the same problem...i have used another SD-card then it worked. i have tried several times with card before...but always the story you told...

another card and it works

today i have done some testflights...
the drone fly now again how you set in the GUI at PC....

- coming home works good, and landing too
- slow flying works no better (not perfect, but better)
- sometimes a small drift when use rud/yaw
- the safety height with landing gear up (1,5m)
is loosing sometimes limit when turning left right
and it come near to 30cm to ground. i wished we can turn this off when we don't want it

so maybe they put our wishes in next major update...

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. Tried it and still TH does not show up in the binding mode. I guess a call into tech support for help.

Jeff

I had the same issue this afternoon with the updates.

After the OTA update on the TH, only the camera showed on the ST16 bind screen. This is what I did :

1) Bind to the camera. The view from the camera should show up on the ST16 flying window.
2) Shut down both ST16 and TH.
3) After restarting both, put the TH into bind mode just as THOFF mentioned earlier.
4) Go to the ST16 screen bind and press the 'reset' option. Give it a few seconds.
5) At this point my TH model and camera showed on the bind screen. I selected both and pressed bind option and was successful.
6) After binding, restart everything again.

Flying notes on update after recalibrating everything :

Very windy here in California today, hover was great.
So far my altitude issue with the legs up seems solved. Since the September update the TH would not descend correctly with the legs up. It is now descending with legs up to about 6 feet then will not go lower; this is correct and how I like it. Will test more.

Thanks for the info. Tried it and still TH does not show up in the binding mode. I guess a call into tech support for help.

Jeff

Suppose you did not forget to put the H in binding mode by rocking it over the nose at least twice and thus make the LED turn yellow?

Cheers!

EDIT: ow, sorry, that is exactly what THoff wrote..... :)

Here's the deal, NO I didn't do the update yet but then again I haven't done any update since around December! Why you ask??? Well everyone was having problems with the updates and I have had no problems at all! But now with imu preheat in the update I feel it's probably about time before I'm that guy with a fly away, standing in a field with my ST16 controller in my hand and an empty drone case!

So here's my question guys! Can I just skip the last 4 or so updates that I didn't do and go right to the most recent update?
Yes

Suppose you did not forget to put the H in binding mode by rocking it over the nose at least twice and thus make the LED turn yellow?

Cheers!

EDIT: ow, sorry, that is exactly what THoff wrote..... :)

I completely forgot about that. Did it and now back to normal. Guess just in a hurry to fly.

Hi, I am one of the users who does not need speed, height or distance because i am using the H mainly as tripod.
I am happy that the height control in the gui is active again.
I restricted to 25 m and it did aproach this height very smooth without any shakes. I am happy that this has been corrected and works. Though I have to mention that the pressure sensor often shows wrong altitudes. The 25 m can also be 29 but not more than 30.

I managed to brick my H with this update. Would no longer boot. Luckily I downloaded the recovery firmware and she's back up in the sky!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you connect to the GUI and change your parameters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

First flight with new firmware no problems. Settings Auto 1920x1080 Natural .WB Cloudy . With an 8 ND Filter. Lens is non Standard Peau 8.25. Set height in GUI to 200 metres. H climbed to 122 metres and stopped. So the fixed height is still there. Only a comment as 122 metres is fine for my purposes. I am using the STD firmware and not the EU one.

First flight with new firmware no problems. Settings Auto 1920x1080 Natural .WB Cloudy . With an 8 ND Filter. Lens is non Standard Peau 8.25. Set height in GUI to 200 metres. H climbed to 122 metres and stopped. So the fixed height is still there. Only a comment as 122 metres is fine for my purposes. I am using the STD firmware and not the EU one.

That (fixed height issue) is quite unsatisfactory for me. Strange that some pilots do get higher and other do not.
I did the update today and after that I connected H with the GUI, suprisingly the values I programmed earlier (and H refused to use) were still in there.

No chance of test-flying for a bit, bad weather with storms lightnig and hail coming for a while.

Cheers!

... Set height in GUI to 200 metres. H climbed to 122 metres and stopped. So the fixed height is still there. Only a comment as 122 metres is fine for my purposes. I am using the STD firmware and not the EU one.

You may have mentioned this in an earlier post but did you clear the flight data after your firmware update? If you don't it will keep your previous settings.

Reactions: yuneec53
Installed new firmware and was able to take out and fly today and it flew perfect. Hover seemed to be more stable and landing was much smoother than it had been. Also noticed the H was not quit as jerking with stick movement. I installed the ST16 from a sd card and then let the H update thru the wifi. After update I calibrated the h and the st16.

Reactions: Dadjvs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babyyodajede