Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

2-24 Firmware V3.03 and ST16 B30 - Post Your Results Here

What are your results with the new Feb. 2017 Firmware

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Installed new firmware and was able to take out and fly today and it flew perfect. Hover seemed to be more stable and landing was much smoother than it had been. Also noticed the H was not quit as jerking with stick movement. I installed the ST16 from a sd card and then let the H update thru the wifi. After update I calibrated the h and the st16.

Great. How high did you fly, max altitude?

I live in the flight path of our local airport so I only took it to 200ft, so was not able to test the 400ft limit yet, but as soon as I can get out again to another location I will.

I took my H with the updated firmware out this afternoon as the weather here (Southwestern Ontario) was nice (for February) - 10°C and sunny with only 9-10km wind. After doing a Compass recal at the launch site, the H seemed to be stuck on "acquiring GPS" for several minutes. So I turned the H off then back on again and it was good to go then with 20 sats on both the ST16 and the H. Right away I noticed a smoother response to the sticks. the hover was dead on inspite of the 9-10k breeze. I tested the yaw, roll, pitch, alt all in pilot/rabbit mode and it responded great in all but seemed "smoother" than before this update. I had changed my alt limit to 300m in the GUI, so decided to test if would go beyond the previous 121m (400') limit. No problem, it climbed to 171m (561') and would go higher but I almost lost sight of it so held it there for a minute or so. Even though the battery was not 100% charged to begin with as I had used it to do the upgrade 2 days ago, I flew aggressively for 16 minutes before getting the first low bat warning. The landing was very precise and smooth and after some manouvering, I landed on my 32" hexagonal launch pad almost dead centre. IMO this was a noticeable improvement in flight characteristics compared to the previous version.

Attachments

• IMG_0047.JPG
    IMG_0047.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 22
Has anyone noticed compass errors reported using UAVTool Box that do not show up on the ST-16? I have 2 Hs and both are showing compass errors. I have done several compass calibrations and they both fly outstanding. This is with the new software. Don't know if it's the software or UAVTool Box.

Has anyone noticed compass errors reported using UAVTool Box that do not show up on the ST-16? I have 2 Hs and both are showing compass errors.

I believe the Telemetry picks up even the shortest flicker of problems that instantly self-correct. No sweat, unless prolonged.

I believe the Telemetry picks up even the shortest flicker of problems that instantly self-correct. No sweat, unless prolonged.
Yeah Ray, the duration is in the 50 to 100 ms so it is very short, could just be generated by magnetic field from the motors as you throttle up hard.

Just wanted to pop in and give everyone a big THANKS for the information and help in getting my updates working correctly. But the bummer was that I could not test fly today due to off and on rain all day. Should be able to try it out tomorrow.

OK, so who's installed this?
The installation was easy and the altitude value in the GUI is now working. The altitude at start is set to 0 when you start the motors. I limited to 25 m and it works perfect. There is no chance to move one cm higher. But after landing the telemetry shows an altitude of 4m. I shall repeat this with my second H which is without Real Sense. I suppose that this is the double height of the ultrasonic minimal distance to the floor. More an algoprob than an physical problem.

Very nice to see various positive expieriences with the newest firmware.
I hope that the EU versions fly as good (and high) as the STD. Pity we have bad weather here for a few days already and this will continue for another while.
Waiting anxiously to test-fly the H to 450 mtrs soon...... ( @ glider airport, so all legal).

Cheers!

Very nice to see various positive expieriences with the newest firmware.
I hope that the EU versions fly as good (and high) as the STD. Pity we have bad weather here for a few days already and this will continue for another while.
Waiting anxiously to test-fly the H to 450 mtrs soon...... ( @ glider airport, so all legal).

Cheers!
Okay. Forgot to mention That I am flying the European Version. Below 30 m and with a top speed limit of 8m/sec the copter is below 79 Joule kinetic Energie whats of importance for a legal exception in austrian aviation laws. You dont have to register.

Last edited:
Okay. Forgot to mention That I am flying the Europas Version. Below 30 m and with a top speed limit of 8m/sec the copter is below 79 Joule kinetic Energie whats of importance for a legal exception in austrian aviation laws. You dont have to register.

Funny how regulation inside EU differs.
In Netherlands one does not have to register and may fly in open Airspace (class G) up to 120 mtrs and horizontally within eyesight with a drone under 25 kg. The max weight is going to be changed soon to 4 kg.

I'll test-fly the EU firmware too and have special permission to fly @ gliderfield (normally prohibited) and this field is not at the Yuneec no-fly chart.

Cheers!

Funny how regulation inside EU differs.
In Netherlands one does not have to register and may fly in open Airspace (class G) up to 120 mtrs and horizontally within eyesight with a drone under 25 kg. The max weight is going to be changed soon to 4 kg.

I'll test-fly the EU firmware too and have special permission to fly @ gliderfield (normally prohibited) and this field is not at the Yuneec no-fly chart.

Cheers!
It is more comlicated in Austia. without shooting pictures or videos the copter is a model flight system. 150m Altitude, 25 kg max weight, distance direct view as far it is possible.
Using the camera during flight for recording makes the copter a comercial flight system and you need a license which you have to pay for evey year, two years with risc based restictions. The flight mode <79 Joule has no restrictions. You can use the cam for recodings below 30m. In this mode the copter is a toy.

Yeh. In Netherlands about the same, 'free' as modellers but also regulated and licensed for commercial use.
Recreational users may film and photograph, but under privacy-restrictions. We do not have the exemption for 'toys' though.

I have a Typhoon H with Real Sense. I updated by ST-16 to the new '30' firmware. Now my ST-16 will not communicate with the drone. I also get a request for a password to be able to connect to the camera. Any ideas?

I have a Typhoon H with Real Sense. I updated by ST-16 to the new '30' firmware. Now my ST-16 will not communicate with the drone. I also get a request for a password to be able to connect to the camera. Any ideas?
Password is '1234567890'.
Have you bound the ST16 to the aircraft?

Had a two hour window this morning before the wind was due to be unflyable. Snow on top of the tors and bitterly cold but the first flight after the latest update went as expected with no incidents. Height limit fixed, briefly sailed past the 119m previous limit to 140m, with no issues. Happy bunny again :)

Password is 1234567890.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33