Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

3 Wire Question

Reaction score
New here to the forum. I know this may sound like a stupid question but bear with me, i'm old and need an answer. Does the camera have 1 or 2 connector wires normally hooked to the q500? I crashed into a pecan tree the other day and the camera separated from the drone. The 3 wires were separated from the plate. I tried to see what damage was done and noticed another female plug on the camera and the drone. Am I missing a connector or what? If so where can I get another connector cable? Any help will be appreciated.

Download the document in this link Way To Fix Drones project and find the attachment dealing with the 3 black wires As well as the auxiliary cable to utilize the other connectors you found.

Reactions: WTFDproject
The plug is for the backup connection when the normal 3 black wires are damaged. It is a four pin connector, but only uses 3 of the four pins. The backup connector should have been included somewhere in your Kit. The small end plugs into the back of the CGo3, large end into the plug on the drone.
There is a catch. When you power the camera this way, the three black wires become energized. it does not matter which end is separated. Many cameras that survive the initial crash are destroyed because of shorts created by the remaining parts of the three black wires. Please ensure you remove the wires, or insulate the loose ends. Refer to Attachment 1 of the document in "Way To Fix Drones project" for some pictures and discussion for removing the 3 black wires.
The Backup connector (pigtail) looks like this:
Connector.jpg

I don't have the backup connector, must have lost it somewhere, do you know where I can purchase another? Thanks

Reactions: Lubeck
I’m not sure if it was in your kit, but there is a cable that connects through the other jacks you found. It replaces the contacts through the gimbal mount. it is also used if you have the steady cam.

Thanks, that is the 3 black wires cable that broke. Is there another cable with larger connectors that go from the belly of the q500 to the cg03? The contacts on the gimbal mount don't mate up on anything on the belly of the q500.

@rjgemt,
I'm not certain we are talking about the same camera. Do you have a CGo2 or a CGo3?
Which of these looks most like your camera?

CGo2.jpg CGo3.jpg

Can you upload a picture of your camera, showing the broken wires?

I have a cgo3 camera. Can't find the extra connector wire that connects the drone to the camera online so i'll just diy the 3 wires to the hot shoe or whatever it's called that mates up with the bottom of the drone. Thanks everyone for your help.

Thanks, I will definately order from them, I couldn't find it anywhere else.
You've been a great help

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis