Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

3d printed battery caddy for 3S Lipos

Reaction score
Found this doing a search for cheaper batteries, was curious if anyone has tried it.

Q500 - Simple Conversion Runs Q500 With $16.99 Batteries

Seems like a good way to fly for cheap, but I'm still curious if there's any downside to this.

Thoughts?

EDIT:

I know the Hobby King batteries have gone up in price since this article hit, but this is still a viable option as far as I can tell.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Last edited:
So long as the batteries conform to the same spec as the Yuneec batteries, I see no issue. If there's anything different about the electrical details, where the battery can't feed the need or gets too hot, then there's a risk of damaging the copter's circuitry.

No, doubt! I would avoid running a cheaper battery, at any cost savings. This Drone has a low battery Alert tied to the expected run time of the 5400mAh lipo (or better). The Home self landing is also, so why risk loss of drone because you cant spend $60 on a decent battery? I don't need to speak on lipo fires, (I had one), I mean is Your Modded Battery Tray crash proof? Obviously the Yuneec type is, so I say don't do it.

Last edited:
If I was flying a 100.00 drone I would risk it. My q hasn’t gone down yet and I won’t chance it

As Dr New stated...as long as the battery specs are within the limits, the Q could care less who makes the battery.
As long as the spec'ed out battery fits in the bay. it'll work just fine.
Good luck and happy flying,
Jafo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430