Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

4DPix-help

Reaction score
Hy,

Got a topo-project and doing this free of charge. Is there anybody who I can ask to have it 4D-pixed ? For this one project, it would be overkill to buy a license ...
It will be approx. 500 foto's.

Last edited:
Use the trial version of Pix4D (or dronedeploy). Or expired already?
No never used both of them. It is my very first topo-project.
Are the trials fully operational, or are there restrictions ? Which is best ?

No never used both of them. It is my very first topo-project.
Are the trials fully operational, or are there restrictions ? Which is best ?

Sorry, Too little experience with it. The experts here should advise you.

Pix4D and DD trials looked fully operational to me though.

What is that job, you need to do? If it is 2D photostich only, you could use other free software as well.

It is indeed basically 2D ... Need to make one big 'foto' of an area with all the trees visible. 3D would be nice, but not necessary ... It is a terrain that would be filled up with sand-waste, and whom all surrounding habitants are 'against'. Terrain-surface is approximatly 1 by 1 km ... At 45 meters height and at 3m/second it will be +- 452 pictures (datapilot-estimation 30% font/back and left/right) that will need to be stiched. Do you have an idea of such a free software ? I will be flying a H520 with a E90-camera.

I h
It is indeed basically 2D ... Need to make one big 'foto' of an area with all the trees visible. 3D would be nice, but not necessary ... It is a terrain that would be filled up with sand-waste, and whom all surrounding habitants are 'against'. Terrain-surface is approximatly 1 by 1 km ... At 45 meters height and at 3m/second it will be +- 452 pictures (datapilot-estimation 30% font/back and left/right) that will need to be stiched. Do you have an idea of such a free software ? I will be flying a H520 with a E90-camera.

I am also using the H520 with E90, amongst other cameras.

From my limited experience I can recommend Microsoft Image Composite Editor (ICE). Did two projects with it. Dead simple to use and worked fine for me.

It does this automatically, based upon the GPS-coördinates an route of the drone (compass) included in the JPEGS ? Or, do one have to stich and rotate hem yourself ?

It does this automatically, based upon the GPS-coördinates an route of the drone (compass) included in the JPEGS ? Or, do one have to stich and rotate hem yourself ?

It is image stitching software. Fly with sufficient overlap and it will do it all automatically. Nothing to do with metadata such as GPS etc. It is „comparing“ pictures to identify overlaps.

Thx for the tip, will try that ... But first need to accomplish mission :)
Will 30% front/back/left/right be enough at an altitude of 45m and at a speed of 3m / sec .

Last edited:
Thx for the tip, will try that ... But first need to accomplish mission :)
Will 30% front/back/left/right be enough at an altitude of 45m and at a speed of 3m / sec .

30% is not enough. See Pix4D recommended overlaps attached.

Attachments

• CBA99674-707A-4807-88B9-6A088213B95C.jpeg
    CBA99674-707A-4807-88B9-6A088213B95C.jpeg
    481.5 KB · Views: 19
Raise the height of the flight and you will find that you will use fewer batteries. For your settings try 50m to 60m with the speed of 3.5mps 70% front and about 40% side. It depends on the stitching program how well it will come out. You should be able to see all the trees and details on the ground. There is a setting called Ground Resolution?/ Altitude if you have about a 3 to 5 ground resolution you should be able to see all the details on the ground clearly. It is all a matter of trial and error until you find the right settings. The lower the height the more batteries and the tighter the flight pattern. Good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval