Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

4K camera pan stutters

Reaction score
My videos hesitates and then jumps when I rotate to the right. I shot a dirt bike rally in the desert where it was dusty. Could that be the problem, dust in the mechanism? Or does it sound like a camera issue from something else? If dust, how do I clean it?

Presuming you could previously play back 4K footage without stutters, then yes, this does sound like dust in the gimbal. If it is you should be able to see the gimbal struggling / delaying as you input the command to rotate. Unfortunately, debris in the camera / gimbal assembly is a lot harder to get out and clean than it is to get in there in the first place, hence why we'd normally recommend using a landing pad for taking off in dusty environments....

I have no experience of doing this myself, and there isn't much reference online I can find, so will have to leave it to those who have done this before to tell you the best way to proceed.

My video is very broken. What would be the best video setting I should use. I'm on 1080x120 now.

My videos hesitates and then jumps when I rotate to the right. I shot a dirt bike rally in the desert where it was dusty. Could that be the problem, dust in the mechanism? Or does it sound like a camera issue from something else? If dust, how do I clean it?

Are you saying the live view of the video that you see on the ST 10 remote is stuttering or are you saying that the video stutters when you pull it off the SD memory card and play it on your computer? Those are two different scenarios and can be caused by different factors.

If it's the live view then it could be due to the distance from the quad, the write speed of your sd card, wifi interference or the speed at which you are panning.

If it's while you are playing it back on your computer then it could be due to the write speed of your sd card, the specs on your computer (video playback specs and RAM), or the speed at which you are panning.

If you can answer that first question (where are you noticing the jumps in video?) then that will help narrow down the problem. In either event however, panning speed affects video choppiness on some cameras more so than others. I've found that having an sd card with ample write speed helps.

Andre

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430