Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Dreading Q 500 4k

Reaction score
Hello, My Q500 Is Drifting really bad, I've Re-Carbilrate the ST-10, the Drone itself & Reset the Compass. What's else is left to do ? I've done everything I know to do. I personally think one of the Joystick is stuck & not returning back to the home position ! So how do you get the joystick unstuck & return to the home position ? I've used computer air cleaner to clean the control & still no results !!!! Can someone give me some Ideas to resolve this problem, It make it really Difficult to get this thing landed after you've had a wonderful flight with it moving all over the place, at the same time trying to avoid crashing.........

Hello, My Q500 Is Drifting really bad, I've Re-Carbilrate the ST-10, the Drone itself & Reset the Compass. What's else is left to do ? I've done everything I know to do. I personally think one of the Joystick is stuck & not returning back to the home position ! So how do you get the joystick unstuck & return to the home position ? I've used computer air cleaner to clean the control & still no results !!!! Can someone give me some Ideas to resolve this problem, It make it really Difficult to get this thing landed after you've had a wonderful flight with it moving all over the place, at the same time trying to avoid crashing.........
Is the drift random?
Does it drift constantly in one direction?
Have you checked the controller Hardware Monitor to see if all controls are returning to center when released?

Reactions: 7cyclops
Is the drift random?
Does it drift constantly in one direction?
Have you checked the controller Hardware Monitor to see if all controls are returning to center when released?
Yes,It's Drifting one way,to my right ! I've Re-Carbilrate the Controller, I will check it again ! If one isn't returning to the center ? How do you correct it ?

Yes,It's Drifting one way,to my right ! I've Re-Carbilrate the Controller, I will check it again ! If one isn't returning to the center ? How do you correct it ?
Trying to calibrate the controller to resolve a hardware issue will get you into trouble. You need to fix the problem first, then calibrate if needed.
There are videos and instructions here on the Forum. I am about to leave the house for a couple of hours, but I think this link will get you started. The ST10 series and ST16 series gimbals are the same cleaning process.

Reactions: 7cyclops
The sticks for the ST10+ and ST16 are the same. This document covers a few things to check when they are not behaving properly.

Attachments

• Control Stick Gimbal Maintenance.pdf
    230.1 KB · Views: 3
Trying to calibrate the controller to resolve a hardware issue will get you into trouble. You need to fix the problem first, then calibrate if needed.
There are videos and instructions here on the Forum. I am about to leave the house for a couple of hours, but I think this link will get you started. The ST10 series and ST16 series gimbals are the same cleaning process.
Got It, I will give this a shot, Thank You !!

Reactions: Peter b
Got It, I will give this a shot, Thank You !!
I got the problem resolved by taking care of the hardware first as you mention, I removed the Back off the ST-10 & cleaned the wire ends that control both Joystick movement, & then recalibrate the ST-10, then took on a test flight a day or two after our conversation & also flew this morning & everything is still fine no more Drifting... Thank You Again.......

I got the problem resolved by taking care of the hardware first as you mention, I removed the Back off the ST-10 & cleaned the wire ends that control both Joystick movement, & then recalibrate the ST-10, then took on a test flight a day or two after our conversation & also flew this morning & everything is still fine no more Drifting... Thank You Again.......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maahdevbook