Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

4K Camera time and date problems

Reaction score
The controller is set to the correct time and date, but when I take photos and videos the date shows at 1979 all the time. How can I get it to reflect the correct date and time for each picture?

The controller is set to the correct time and date, but when I take photos and videos the date shows at 1979 all the time. How can I get it to reflect the correct date and time for each picture?

Same with my Q500+. The controller doesn't retain the date and time, which it should easily get from GPS.

Any clues there too? Sorry for the slight hijack!

I have not seen it the way you show it, but I have experienced very odd and inconsistent dates, and times. I say inconsistent because if I shut everything down and restart it up again, take a few more shots, the dates and times change, but never to the correct date and time showing on the ST10+.

Make sure you have the date and time set in the ST10+ and stop recording before shutting the drone down. I was getting the same "1979" file names when I was not stopping the recording before shutdown.

Reactions: Fleamac
A 64 GB SD card cannot be formatted in Fat32. It requires exFAT or NTFS. The CGO3 does not support NTFS, therefore its exFAT only. But CGO3 will not generate a correct date. It's just crazy what it does ... dates back to 1979, but sometimes the correct date with the wrong time. What's the answer?? Thanks.

UPDATE: CGO3 does not like exFAT, and is really only comfortable with FAT 16 or FAT 32. Nothing else will result in a correct data on the file's timestamp. Best case scenario for me with exFAT is that all files are misdated by a minus 5 hours (i.e.: Files recorded at 10:00 AM will be timestamped as 5:00 AM). Furthermore, files saved to exFAT format SD card are limited to 2 GB, the very old FAT 16 file limitation. This needs to be fixed!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Karenbf
I formatted my 64Gb card as Fat32 and it works fine - just be aware, as a result there is a approx a 4-minute limitation to each video file! This may not be a problem because it does not shut off, it just starts recording the rest of the video to a second file. Then you stitch them together. Not ideal, but workable - at least until they fix the problem (most likely in a future camera, even though I think they could fix it in software)

A 64 GB SD card cannot be formatted in Fat32. It requires exFAT or NTFS. The CGO3 does not support NTFS, therefore its exFAT only. But CGO3 will not generate a correct date. It's just crazy what it does ... dates back to 1979, but sometimes the correct date with the wrong time. What's the answer?? Thanks.

UPDATE: CGO3 does not like exFAT, and is really only comfortable with FAT 16 or FAT 32. Nothing else will result in a correct data on the file's timestamp. Best case scenario for me with exFAT is that all files are misdated by a minus 5 hours (i.e.: Files recorded at 10:00 AM will be timestamped as 5:00 AM). Furthermore, files saved to exFAT format SD card are limited to 2 GB, the very old FAT 16 file limitation. This needs to be fixed!!

I subsequently used a free app (EaseUS Partition Master) to convert the exFAT 64 GB formatted card to a Fat32 partition. All is well, and the 5 minute file size is not a problem.

Are you referring to the date stamp and time like the attachment?

Yes I believe its the time stamp on the file. See photo below.
2uxtx8k.png

Guys I'm having this problem with my new H520. All the dates are set to 01 Jan 2000 at 00:00 from the first image/video. Has it been fixed? I've got a few that do show the correct date/time though. Maybe it resets when I format the card or something? Only done it a few times but always do it through the handset/drone if that makes a difference.

I'm having the same issue with a H PLUSS. Using a 120GB exFAT formatted card. I am using the drone for inspections and I need the date and time stamp to be correct. The attachment below shows folders that were created all the same day. File 157 was a test in my office powered down left battery in then 158 was created, then 159 - 161 were all battery changes.

Capture.JPG

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval