Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

520 Vertical Surface Mapping

Hi Sarah,

where can I find DataPilot V1.6 to download ?

At the German and also the UK Website is still DataPilot V1.5 listed.

Greetings Marc

Announced but not yet widespread a few more hours/days...

Announced but not yet widespread a few more hours/days...

Very good news, thank you ?

Let's see if they have also implemented those functions that have been lost in the update 1.5 ?

Ok, I will try to be patient and wait a few seconds.

By the way, Out of Nothing I got a problem in the afternoon. Sometimes when I turn on the St16s and the H520 the gimbal is spinning around and shaking wildly. Some times as soon as I power the H520 on, sometimes after a while. A Gimbal Calibration does not heal it.

Any suggestions where the problem is and what I can do ?

Greetings Marc

This function, in the last paragraph of the article says it, is only for paid versions. Yes, there is a trial version with many functions but not all.

Yes, but it's usually for personal, non-professional or business use. If you want to distribute it to sell, as in the case of Yuneec, this is not the case, you have to pay and the same thing happens with Ardupilot. Anyway, within the Dronecode project is involved and Yuneec has access to it.

For now, as far as we know, the only application approved by Yuneec to control the H520 is Pix4DCapture. I understand that if the orders you give to the drone are valid, do not make those orders crash the drone should not be a problem, another thing is that for lack of integration these orders are wrong and cause an accident, then Yuneec would only cover the failures of their own aircraft and this would not be the case.

The fault is the software, not the hardware. The Dronecode project is the one that has to develop the software base and then the manufacturer, in this case the team of programmers that Yuneec has in Switzerland, develop DataPilot. And this is where the problem seems to be. Either they don't find the key to do it well, or there is no coordination, or the tools provided by DroneCode are not powerful enough, or who knows ??
A few questions re: structure scan:
Can we assume that the H520 will complete a structure scan even if it loses signal from the controller as might happen when scanning a large, multi-story building?
Can "structure scan" be used with video recording?
How is the photo set generally rendered? 3D? 2D orthomosaic? or ??

A few questions re: structure scan:
Can we assume that the H520 will complete a structure scan even if it loses signal from the controller as might happen when scanning a large, multi-story building?
Can "structure scan" be used with video recording?
How is the photo set generally rendered? 3D? 2D orthomosaic? or ??

Probably it will loose signal behind the building... just hope it does not do a straight line RTH... not sure how it reacts...legally you need observers behind the building..

Grid, waypoints, corridor, ROI and structure flight paths, can be done either on photo or video.

Photo set is raw, you have to input photo collection into a rendering software like Pix4d, and obtain whatever output you need, typically a photogrammetry. Anyways, you neet a lot of CPU power, and the tablet would not stand the processing ( or may last hours....)

Thank you, Sarah.
In order to be legal and to maintain VLOS and control link, then, we should follow the aircraft around the building.
I don't find a way to change from photo to video in the structure scan pattern.
Also, is the scan distance limited to >15m?

Thank you, Sarah.
In order to be legal and to maintain VLOS and control link, then, we should follow the aircraft around the building.
I don't find a way to change from photo to video in the structure scan pattern.
Also, is the scan distance limited to >15m?

not sure about >15m, but for sure you won't be able to follow the drone....

Now I'm involved with other controllers but look at the configuration of the dron failsaves. There you can determine how the drone behaves in case of loss of connection or in case of exceeding the geofence, etc. Yes I remember that with the first versions the failsaves were more complete, right now I do not remember in which state they are. Every time they release a new update you have to guess how it has been and when you really need it, you are surprised that they have changed it :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I recall that in the Advanced Settings there is a parameter to set at RTL or complete the mission autonomously.

I've used my H520 with E90 for a structure scan mission.
The H520 doesn't hold the position when it takes photos.
And the result is ********!
How have I to set the datapilot application?

I've used my H520 with E90 for a structure scan mission.
The H520 doesn't hold the position when it takes photos.
And the result is ********!
How have I to set the datapilot application?
Hi Paolo,

I used the structure scan option of pattern menu;
and set:
E90
overlap 70%/70%
Scan distance 9m
Ground Res 0.3 cm/px
Start Scan From Top
Structure Height 17.00m
sac bottom Alt 2.0m
Entrence/exit Alt 50.0m

But I find no where the "Hover and capture image" option as in the Survey case