Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

55 MPH Typhoon H

Reaction score
Flew in non GPS mode today (not for beginners or even novices). I was shocked how fast the H was. Hitt 55mph quickly and I have no doubt it would reach 60 mph + if I remover the camera. This really is the complete drone and the clear winner for 2016!

Reactions: apexi
That is awesome. I'm going to have to try that. When there's no wind and I'll take the camera off ( obviously won't need it).

Reactions: David Wilson
Flew in non GPS mode today (not for beginners or even novices). I was shocked how fast the H was. Hitt 55mph quickly and I have no doubt it would reach 60 mph + if I remover the camera. This really is the complete drone and the clear winner for 2016!

Thanks for choosing a decent area to test at such speeds Dave,To many times people got go try and fly over their heads in unsafe places. You were in no means flying over your head,speed wise that is, nice bit of stick work.

Reactions: Glen M. Winston
Thanks humboldt. I guess all those years of flying 3d helicopters make zipping around with a drone seem pretty simple. But still a ton of fun!

So when you fly in non gps, you are able to go faster? What does the gps actually do, make it easier to fly? So when out of gps it is harder to fly?

So when you fly in non gps, you are able to go faster? What does the gps actually do, make it easier to fly? So when out of gps it is harder to fly?

Yes, you can go 20+MPH faster. GPS mode on almost any drone slows things down as the GPS has a lot of control and is always working to keep things "perfect" and to keep the machine in one spot. The drone drifts in non-gps mode and there is no return to home of course. Again, not for beginners.

Flew three full batteries in non-gps mode again this afternoon. Even removed the camera/gimbal. That did not make a difference in speed. Still at 50mph+. I really got used to non-gps mode and it flies so much smoother this way. The over reacting from stick input is gone, it is buttery smooth and you can even give it one degree of tilt, it's so precise. I got 4-5 extra minutes of flight time as well as there was less weight and gps wasn't constantly working. Overall, just continue to be happy to have the option for some occasional, LOS sport flying when I want.

Reactions: Glen M. Winston
David please post more of your adventures. We have a great bird even w/o a camera.

Dragonflyerthom I did shoot a quick video of the H in non-gps mode this afternoon, just show how smooth the sticks are. I can't wait until they get this updated so it's smoother in gps mode as it should be. It really makes a big difference, especially in control and just generally clean flight. Here's a video I did the other day just a relaxing but nice looking reflecting lake flight...

Yes I noticed the GPS wasn't trying to take back control. Nice music also. Since you have flown helis also you know the difference between responsive and twitchy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval