Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

7 flights since new firmware.... Now blinking orange and compass calibration error

Reaction score
well I guess I get to join the ranks here....

Oit flying this morning when I get the flashing orange light and vibrating controller. Controls went WAAAAAAY wonky - very squishy and difficult. Thankfully got it down without incident.

This happened as the battery was passing the 15v mark. I landed, recalibrated, put a fresh battery in and put it about 15 feet up. Kept it close and ran the batter down. Problem didn't crop up again.

I DID recalibrate everything after the firmware update.

Is this something I need I call Yuneec about? If this happens while it was 300 ft up and a thousand feet out I could imagine it would be a potential disaster.

Yes join the compass warning crowd.

I am in an open case with Yuneec now with this problem but seriously its like talking to zombie robots. :confused:

Reactions: JohnL
Is this something I need I call Yuneec about? If this happens while it was 300 ft up and a thousand feet out I could imagine it would be a potential disaster.

Should this occur at any distance, just flick the RTH switch and don't touch any controls until it is overhead.

It's just a by product of the new firmware update. Oddly some receive this warning and others don't. It mostly occurs while the Typhoon is not even in the air (still on the ground) or if in the air, the Typhoon is near by. It can cause pilots to freak out, but in reality it's just an annoyance as the warning will go away.... and then come back at some future inconvient time. Calibrating the compass and other items appears to only provide temporary relief to some. I'm sure this will be tweaked in a future firmware update.

Yep notify Yuneec, this last firmware corrected my issues from the one before. Works good now.

I suspect the reason for that is that you have to rebind when updating firmware not the firmware update itself as the antidote...

Should this occur at any distance, just flick the RTH switch and don't touch any controls until it is overhead.

It's just a by product of the new firmware update. Oddly some receive this warning and others don't. It mostly occurs while the Typhoon is not even in the air (still on the ground) or if in the air, the Typhoon is near by. It can cause pilots to freak out, but in reality it's just an annoyance as the warning will go away.... and then come back at some future inconvient time. Calibrating the compass and other items appears to only provide temporary relief to some. I'm sure this will be tweaked in a future firmware update.

I feel it is more than just a false compass warning.

I usually don't get the warning till after I am in the air.
Right after first warning I notice the H starts to drift a little and controls
become more twitchy with a delay in response.

So far not bad enough where I had to land but I am hearing more and more about
fly away's so it is somewhat concerning.

I looked at several of my recent logs and they are all full of dozens of code 32 compass warnings,
many more than the screen pop up warning I have received.

I would bet that people who say they have not had the compass warning on screen to check there logs
and I'll bet they will see the code 32 compass warning there.

well I guess I get to join the ranks here....

Oit flying this morning when I get the flashing orange light and vibrating controller. Controls went WAAAAAAY wonky - very squishy and difficult. Thankfully got it down without incident.

This happened as the battery was passing the 15v mark. I landed, recalibrated, put a fresh battery in and put it about 15 feet up. Kept it close and ran the batter down. Problem didn't crop up again.

I DID recalibrate everything after the firmware update.

I'm curious...are most of these last firmware updated with the H Pro or Standard? While I don't have the Pro, I've yet to have ANY kind of firmware update since receiving my H in May. However, all the issues so many are having make me very distrustful, especially when I'm out 500 yards away! That said, I've already logged at least several more hours flight time on my H since the Sept. 1 update.

Ok I've got this all loaded in to EXMAPS now. Anyone want to take a look at the data from the last few flights?

I have calibrated the IMU and Compass before each flight.

Telemetry_00027.csv

Telemetry_00034.csv

Telemetry_00035.csv

Compass calibration errors all over the place - sometimes it corresponds with an orange light and controller vibration, sometimes it doesn't.

At this point I have very little faith in this thing. I hope some answers start coming out here really soon.

Is there any chance this is heat related? My Typhoon seemed pretty warm (the body, not the motors) after the past few flights.

...and here's one more Exmaps plot that shows a ton of failures... again everything was calibrated before all flights. Ive rebound the controller multiple times.

Ok I've got this all loaded in to EXMAPS now. Anyone want to take a look at the data from the last few flights?

I have calibrated the IMU and Compass before each flight.

Telemetry_00027.csv

Telemetry_00034.csv

Telemetry_00035.csv

Compass calibration errors all over the place - sometimes it corresponds with an orange light and controller vibration, sometimes it doesn't.

At this point I have very little faith in this thing. I hope some answers start coming out here really soon.

Yes same compass error on my flight logs.
The only difference is you only have two and three compass errors reported.
I have over forty compass errors reported on each flight log about 5 to 10 seconds apart. o_O:mad:

I have just been ignoring them so far but I may be pushing my luck!

My problem is that a couple of times these compass errors have been accompanied by VERY weird controls and sometimes loss of GPS lock upon landing. Really weird stuff.

My problem is that a couple of times these compass errors have been accompanied by VERY weird controls and sometimes loss of GPS lock upon landing. Really weird stuff.

And again yes, H responds jerky, weird with stick movement with slight delay, no loss of GPS YET!

DJI would have a firmware fix by end of week, Yuneec I have less confidence in.

Strange as this sounds, Have you guys tried with the nose of the H facing North before power up?
Only way I could get past my compass errors. I still don't trust it to fly out over water till a solution is found.

Is there any chance this is heat related? My Typhoon seemed pretty warm (the body, not the motors) after the past few flights.
You may be onto something. It certainly is a glitch. A sensor, which has always been present, provides an input. In the past the input was nothing to be concerned with, but now in the latest firmware upgrade the input has been tweaked to prompt a compass issue at a certain reading. Since it is random, it may just be a temperature thing which would explain it going off while on the ground. In the air, at least there is an air cooling current due to the props and movement, but it will still go off even in the air due to slow flying or hovering. Just a thought.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval