Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

7000 mah battery

please use the search button and you will easily find the proof on the lipo size. this is not an assumption, it is a fact.

many people have proven the stock battery capacity, including myself.

it is somewhere between 6300-6400mah give or take.

Last edited:
Reactions: chiloschista
please use the search button and you will easily find the proof on the lipo size. this is not an assumption, it is a fact.

many people have proven the stock battery capacity, including myself.

it is somewhere between 6300-6400mah give or take.

The Blade Chroma(made by Yuneec) when first released had 3s lipos labeled as 5400mAh. A statement later came out saying it was an accident and they were actually 6300mAh and all packs after that said the correct number. Odd to see it again

Sent from my Giant Robot Suit using Tapatalk Mech Edition

Reactions: raptorheli2
If I get time tomorrow. I will discharge one of my batteries down to about 14.8 volts.
I will take screen shots of my charger and show you how many Mah it puts back into it.
I am wondering if Yuneec based it on landing at 14.8 volts, but the battery recovers to a higher voltage when unloaded. So if recharging from 15 volts to 16.8 I could see where the Mah would be closer to 5400. WIll try to log what the voltage to Mah is as it charges.

There are standards and I already wrote what is meant as capacity and how to measure it in another thread.
Nice to see how technical posts, facts and proven data are ignored.
Tons of misleading posts instead, one of them just a couple above here.
Ric

Just a thought...

Does the ST16 adjust the warning voltage based on distance of the craft from home? If not I think it would be a great feature if it did.

No it doesn't. I also wish it did. Battery level monitoring is one area we need some improvement on all around.

There are standards and I already wrote what is meant as capacity and how to measure it in another thread.
Nice to see how technical posts, facts and proven data are ignored.
Tons of misleading posts instead, one of them just a couple above here.
Ric
If that is directed at me then you are way too late to the party, others gave proof ages ago at the lipo size. if you care to go look you will find it no problem.

Also do not assume you are the only person on here that knows about lipos, you are far from it.

The Blade Chroma(made by Yuneec) when first released had 3s lipos labeled as 5400mAh. A statement later came out saying it was an accident and they were actually 6300mAh and all packs after that said the correct number. Odd to see it again

Sent from my Giant Robot Suit using Tapatalk Mech Edition

I didn't know that, interesting.

I don't know why they have done it again though, maybe they will address it later.

If that is directed at me then you are way too late to the party, others gave proof ages ago at the lipo size. if you care to go look you will find it no problem.

Also do not assume you are the only person on here that knows about lipos, you are far from it.

We are a little bit sensible here.
If you were a little bit more careful reading what I write, you probably were able to discover that I added a like to your post.
You would also have already read that I wrote somewhere the same as you ...
No, I definitely don't think to be the only one to know something, I feel like an eternal beginner without any knowledge, as I have still a lot to learn, especially in such an evolving technology.
The problem is that it is more and more difficult to find really knowledged people.
Ric

Reactions: raptorheli2
I have said it many times on this forum buddy, a lot of people post about something they know very little about and you end up with tons of wrong info, I don't know how many times I have read that people should land at 14.8 or 15v......absolute nonsense.

Just got one of these 7000 mah batteries to compare with the Yuneec batteries. I did a balance, charge & discharge cycle on it. I used the same parameters I have been using for my Yuneec batteries such as cut offs and charge and discharge rates so I could compare 'apples to apples'. The battery came to me reading 15.50 volts. I've attached the graph of the discharge cycle for anyone interested. A quick observations was that even though the capacity came in over the rating (7254) that at the end of the discharge the cells were very unbalanced (.130 volt spread - I normally see .010 to .02 volts for the Yuneec batteries). This falls in line with what I have seen in the past with cheaper packs. That is, that the manufacturer doesn't take a lot of care to sort and match the cells in the packs.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-11-16 at 10.37.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-16 at 10.37.58 PM.png
    848.9 KB · Views: 29
Reactions: JB1
I bought 3 of these right from jifei electronics off alibaba ( the actual manufacturer). They now have them listed for 65USD but I got them for 55 plus 21 shipping.

Paid with Western Union and they are on their way.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ploomy