Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

7000 mah battery

Gotcha I wouldn't think it drains that much but I believe it. I wonder if it's something to complain to yuneec about.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I already talked to them about it and have a case open. They appeared to have already heard about this from others as well so.... I think the weight has something to do with it as well. Adding 70g to the H and still the same amount of battery so going to use a bit more with the added weight..

Good to know I will keep up with the thread. I pulled the trigger and ordered a module it will be here tomorrow.

My brand new H pro is getting only 17 minutes flight time, far short from the "up to 25 minutes" they claim, maybe a few minutes is from the real sense. Good to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was getting that without the realsense module, installing it I'm down to between 12-14 based on how I'm flying it. I've never got anything close to 20 ever since owning the H.

Well looks like I ordered 12 hrs to early from Hong Kong , Carolina Dronz now has them and claiming 3-5 minutes , so I was not to far off of thinking 4-5 . They claim 600 grams and stock is around 575 so that is just a little under a ounce heavier.

The pope could claim 3-5 mins but it is impossible if it is a 7000mah battery.

The maths simply doesn't add up to that.

Well looks like I ordered 12 hrs to early from Hong Kong , Carolina Dronz now has them and claiming 3-5 minutes , so I was not to far off of thinking 4-5 . They claim 600 grams and stock is around 575 so that is just a little under a ounce heavier.

In all honesty, I HIGHLY suggest avoid ordering from Alibaba. They are very well known for dealing in fakes, low-quality, etc merchandise. Of course, I also seriously dislike ordering from Amazon, but, as a former Amazon employee who knows the truth about how the company is operated, I have a valid reason (however, ordering through the Marketplace, where the item is being sold by a different merchant, that's alright). Regarding your order with Alibaba, pray that it arrives, that it arrives safely, and that it's not something other than what they've claimed it to be.

Getting back to the item in question...the 7,000mAh battery...if Carolina Dronz is now selling the same item, I HIGHLY recommend ordering from them. They are well known, US-based, and, if the battery did turn out to be a problem, you have a far more likely chance of getting a refund from them than you would from overseas. At the same time, I would also recommend fully charging the battery (any 3rd-party battery), and then testing it to determine its true capacity. Before my Typhoon H, I had a Phantom 3 Pro, and, having read some of the "horror stories" from people who purchased 3rd-party batteries, the "claims" have rarely equaled the "facts".

I have bought many things from CarolinaDronz and if Frank said he gets 2-4 minutes more or what ever its good enough for me.
He stands behind what he says. Not many dealers do.

I'll be thrilled with 2-3 minutes more. That seems possible. We shall see. And another big thumbs up to CarolinaDronz.

I already talked to them about it and have a case open. They appeared to have already heard about this from others as well so.... I think the weight has something to do with it as well. Adding 70g to the H and still the same amount of battery so going to use a bit more with the added weight..

I have both H, Yes there is the weight plus a fan constantly running as well , plus the module itself uses energy.

In all honesty, I HIGHLY suggest avoid ordering from Alibaba. They are very well known for dealing in fakes, low-quality, etc merchandise. Of course, I also seriously dislike ordering from Amazon, but, as a former Amazon employee who knows the truth about how the company is operated, I have a valid reason (however, ordering through the Marketplace, where the item is being sold by a different merchant, that's alright). Regarding your order with Alibaba, pray that it arrives, that it arrives safely, and that it's not something other than what they've claimed it to be.

Getting back to the item in question...the 7,000mAh battery...if Carolina Dronz is now selling the same item, I HIGHLY recommend ordering from them. They are well known, US-based, and, if the battery did turn out to be a problem, you have a far more likely chance of getting a refund from them than you would from overseas. At the same time, I would also recommend fully charging the battery (any 3rd-party battery), and then testing it to determine its true capacity. Before my Typhoon H, I had a Phantom 3 Pro, and, having read some of the "horror stories" from people who purchased 3rd-party batteries, the "claims" have rarely equaled the "facts".

I ordered from vivian51888 on ebay before I saw that Carolina Dronz had them. The company seems to have good feedback. But will definately run it thru a cycle before using.

I am also considering to purchase the 7000 battery, waiting to hear your actual exprinice with it and how much time its actually adding.

If it really is 7000mah you won't get 4-5 mins more, the stock battery is about 6400mah in reality.

By all means give one a try but don't expect much longer flights is all.
Hi,

Why are you assuming that the battery is actually 6400 and not 5400? I am curious to know if this is the case. there is only 30 grams between yuneec stock battery and the 7000 one.

If the original Yuneec battery was more than 5400 you would think they would put the right amount marked on the outside rather than just say 5400. I find it hard to believe that battery is still mis-labeled and they are saying its actually more than 5400

If the original Yuneec battery was more than 5400 you would think they would put the right amount marked on the outside rather than just say 5400. I find it hard to believe that battery is still mis-labeled and they are saying its actually more than 5400

mAh is a terrible way or rating battery capacity, and most people's chargers don't do it properly.

Wh would be a better rating which is watts is Volt x Amps. But is far more complicated when we are talking about a battery because of the changing voltage over time. But when a GOOD manufacturer rates their batteries they use the Wh amount and divide it by the nominal voltage 3.7 volts generally. But say you decided to divide by 3.6 Volts you would show more mAh. This is also about choosing where the "empty" line should be drawn.

Now this voltage is trying to be the center voltage, but that is a little of a simplification because the batteries voltage curve is not linear. When charging far more current flows at the lower voltages than the higher ones. The chargers are just counting current ignoring the voltage when they give you their mAh charge total. Therefore the more drained the battery the disproportionately higher it will show the batteries capacity.

If you want to calculate the actual charge capacity of the battery it would be best to mark down the voltage and the difference in mAh every 5 min or so.. then multiply all those readings individually to get the Wh amount then add them all together.

Now divide that number by 3.7 to get the mAh

Last edited:
Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Your putting 5400 back in you never can pull the full 6400 out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval