Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

8 mm pixaero lens

John Hennessy

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Hi All Members,
I have been given the opportunity to be able to acquire some 8 mm Pixaero lenses, these are genuine and new 8 mm for our cgo3 and cgo3+ camera's with the long lens adapter.
I need to know approximately how many people would be interested in purchasing one of these so that I can get a firm purchase price for everybody. They have not been available for quite some time and I have been persistent and have been assured that I can have a batch made but need the numbers to know the price. I have one on my inspection H and it is fantastic and installed it myself and also a carolina 3.79mm lens in another camera. We were going to put a 6mm in another camera as that was the only size available until a phone call tonight from Pixaero in Russia. So put your thinking caps on and let me know if you want one.
There are plenty of comparison photos on threads here with the Peau alternative and most came to the conclusion that the PixAero gave a sharper image. This is a once only chance as most would know that they have not made them for about 6 to 12 months. Respond on this thread and I will tally up and see what we have in numbers, the price I am hoping not to be much higher than the 6 mm and that is about US $ 109 + ,not much different to when I purchased mine 15 months ago.Johnno Hennessy.
Keep flying on the green side of the Grass.

Johnno,

You might want to remind people the 8mm lens is best used for still images. The gimbal may not totally offset all vibration using that lens. It can be used for video but users should anticipate some “shimmer” from time to time. It’s not much of an issue with stills, especially at higher shutter speeds.

It’s a very nice lens but we have to recognize it creates some stabilization trade offs and work around them.

Johnno,

You might want to remind people the 8mm lens is best used for still images. The gimbal may not totally offset all vibration using that lens. It can be used for video but users should anticipate some “shimmer” from time to time. It’s not much of an issue with stills, especially at higher shutter speeds.

It’s a very nice lens but we have to recognize it creates some stabilization trade offs and work around them.
Thanks for that reminder PatR, I use the video for site coverage and photos for detail. They are very good quality photos. It gives a fixed zoom factor of nearly 3. Don't need to fly as close. But top quality for inspection work both in video and still. I found that vibration anomally when the camera is pointing down at 90° , so we don't use it at that angle anymore. Johnno Hennessy.

Reactions: AussieCate
Hi John. I would be interested in one. The only issue is that it will have to be shipped to Australia.

Regards.

Hi John. I would be interested in one. The only issue is that it will have to be shipped to Australia.

Regards.
Hi Gadget 2628,
I am working on that to try and get them shipped to the required addresses of purchases. At least I have been able to get them to respond to making some more. I will ask my friend to make a small video of content with my 8 mm lens, just to show people what you get. PatR has made an important finding with stability of the gumball,which I found on some of my videos, but since I have shifted the clover leaf antenna I have not found any. But will put some up for people to see. I hope to have answers with in the next two weeks for all those wishing to purchase one. Johnno Hennessy.

Hi All Members,
I have been given the opportunity to be able to acquire some 8 mm Pixaero lenses, these are genuine and new 8 mm for our cgo3 and cgo3+ camera's with the long lens adapter.
I need to know approximately how many people would be interested in purchasing one of these so that I can get a firm purchase price for everybody. They have not been available for quite some time and I have been persistent and have been assured that I can have a batch made but need the numbers to know the price. I have one on my inspection H and it is fantastic and installed it myself and also a carolina 3.79mm lens in another camera. We were going to put a 6mm in another camera as that was the only size available until a phone call tonight from Pixaero in Russia. So put your thinking caps on and let me know if you want one.
There are plenty of comparison photos on threads here with the Peau alternative and most came to the conclusion that the PixAero gave a sharper image. This is a once only chance as most would know that they have not made them for about 6 to 12 months. Respond on this thread and I will tally up and see what we have in numbers, the price I am hoping not to be much higher than the 6 mm and that is about US $ 109 + ,not much different to when I purchased mine 15 months ago.Johnno Hennessy.
Keep flying on the green side of the Grass.

Count me in.

Count me in.
Hi FLDIRECTOR19,
I am sorry to let you know that PIXAERO will not make the 8mm lens unless they have an order of 100+ . I have been trying for months now to convince them for a smaller manageable quantity like 10 or 20 , but to no avail. I purchased an 8mm and put it in one of my cameras for inspection work and it is fantastic. I have also a 6mm now to put into another of my cgo3+ cameras and hope that it gives me as crisp a picture as the 8mm one. I will be setting up another camera and H 480 for new employee with in the next 4 months and I will go for the Peau 8.25mm lens as I need the magnification, so as not to have to fly so close for the inspections. I am sorry but PIXAERO will not budge on this so it looks like the Peau for 8mm sizes and Pixaero for 6 mm and smaller.
Johnno Hennessy. Keep flying on the green side of the grass.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Hi FLDIRECTOR19,
I am sorry to let you know that PIXAERO will not make the 8mm lens unless they have an order of 100+ . I have been trying for months now to convince them for a smaller manageable quantity like 10 or 20 , but to no avail. I purchased an 8mm and put it in one of my cameras for inspection work and it is fantastic. I have also a 6mm now to put into another of my cgo3+ cameras and hope that it gives me as crisp a picture as the 8mm one. I will be setting up another camera and H 480 for new employee with in the next 4 months and I will go for the Peau 8.25mm lens as I need the magnification, so as not to have to fly so close for the inspections. I am sorry but PIXAERO will not budge on this so it looks like the Peau for 8mm sizes and Pixaero for 6 mm and smaller.
Johnno Hennessy. Keep flying on the green side of the grass.

Thanks, John for trying!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval