Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

8000 ft Limit

Reaction score
i live outside Denver ,Co and love the Colorado Rocky Mountains. There are many towns above the 8000 ft limit the Yuneec Q500+ has restricted. The Blade Chroma has no altitude limit and is much smaller. Do you know a way to remove the altitude limit? Please help me remove this restriction. The mountains of Colorado are calling me.

Call Yuneec tech support. They will send you a firmware update that will bypass the 8000' ceiling. And will provide a link to Aeronaut propellors where you can purchase some 13" carbon fiber props that will work on your Q500+

I've been eyeing those props. Just curious about crashing. Since they're stronger than stock, and don't easily break, will something else get damaged in a crash? The energy has to go somewhere.

Call Yuneec tech support. They will send you a firmware update that will bypass the 8000' ceiling. And will provide a link to Aeronaut propellors where you can purchase some 13" carbon fiber props that will work on your Q500+

The problem is im out of USA, and it`s not possible to call them, can you share the firmware?

I've been eyeing those props. Just curious about crashing. Since they're stronger than stock, and don't easily break, will something else get damaged in a crash? The energy has to go somewhere.

They are quieter and provide a little more thrust.
CAM-C.Light-s 13x5"
aero-naut 7220/01 is clockwise rotation and 7220/02 is counter clockwise rotation.
Web site is www.aero-naut.de
M8 hubs very well made.
They are very strong.
Have not crashed with them yet.
But I prefer them to stock.
There does not seem to be a motor temp difference with no hub fan in propellor.
Of 8 recently purchased seven needed no balancing and one took a bit of sanding on one end.

Reactions: Centrey and Fleamac
Hi,

I live in Bogota at 8380 ft and I cannot use the yuneec. Very frustrating. Can this be fixed? What do I need to do?

thanks

Hello Tim, I also sent an email to request the firmware modified to fly above 8000 feet. They are already in possession of the propellers 13 "x 5 and I do photo at a height of 9000 feet :(
Thank you
Cavicchioli Simone (Italy)

Barry,

Please feel free to call our tech support staff @ 1-855-284-8888.
Hi, we buy one Q500 last year. we will test it without any problem in a soccer field next to an airport that no longer works. Then we went to South America. We were about 15 miles from the airport and left on the screen no fly zone .... then we traveled to the most popular cities like Cusco and the center of the country in Peru and we could never start the drone because always came out the message that we were about over 8000 '. Almost all the best places there is over 10 or 13000'.... i see other drones flying without problems there. But we can't start the engines....

We try to call and send emails but never got back respondes.

Thanks for your help

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval