Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

920+ IMU

Reaction score
Hi all!
Yesterday I unfortunately crashed my H920+, broke 2 motor arms, landing gear and most horrible the upper case part broke at one motor arm junction.
So whilst inspecting the damage and breaking it down to components I discovered, that the fc0 flight controller features an connector for an IMU, but there isn't any. After searching the web, I found pics featuring the IMU side by side mounted to the fc0. Was it possibly removed during "updating" from H920 to H920+? Can anyone tell anything about that?

Last edited:
Phone call with German technical support made it clear: the external IMU was removed with the upgrade from 920 to 920+ since it had been integrated to the Flightcontroller.

Reactions: Steve Carr
If the landing gear actuators were broken you may change your outlook on the most horrible part. The top cover can be replaced, the gear actuators cannot as they are no longer available.

Cause of crash would be nice to know. Pilot error or system failure?

What was the cause of the crash?
Ignored the battery warning once to often, so it decided to descend on its own. Unfortunately it came in a little bit to much sideways in the final approach, touched the ground, tilted to the side and hit a trash bin. So, primarily human failure, or to name it: it was me ?, but if the battery warnings wouldn't appear 5min from take-off and continue in a 30 seconds pattern, one would probably take them more serious! I talked to the technical service here in Germany and they told me, that this issue can be solved by them. That's something for the to-do-list when I get the damages fixed. Already ordered carbon tubing and the yuneec techs are looking for a second hand top case they can give away for cheap. So things will be fine soon and my little TyH gets some air time - was a little bit disregarded the last few weeks ?. And whilst I got the Tornado "open", I can also add some "real" external antennas to the body, as I did with the TyH (the internal cable antennas must be some kind of Chinese joke I don't understand ??).

If the landing gear actuators were broken you may change your outlook on the most horrible part. The top cover can be replaced, the gear actuators cannot as they are no longer available.

Cause of crash would be nice to know. Pilot error or system failure?
The landing gear actuators are available in the German Yuneec shop! And even if not, I'm in the great position to be working in a company producing professional actuators for the UAV industry - mostly for fixed wing UAVs with MTOW above 100kg, but we can do smaller too ?. Having capabilities for CNC machining and 3D printing gives a good feeling to keep the H920+ flying for a long time - okay, only when I learn to take the battery warnings more seriously ?.

The early voltage warning can be eliminated by using different batteries. Yuneec 920 batteries are garbage. If you started getting low V warnings after only 5 minutes the early warning was telling you how bad tour batteries are.

The early voltage warning can be eliminated by using different batteries. Yuneec 920 batteries are garbage. If you started getting low V warnings after only 5 minutes the early warning was telling you how bad tour batteries are.
I'm not using the Yuneec batteries. I'm operating with 2x 6s1p 4100mAh 35C HV packs - getting roundabout 30min of flight time with the CGO3+ and ~17min with the CGO4. Already having an eye on a +5000mAh pack with better C rating, slightly larger dimension but nearly the same weight. Integration should be possible by a little "re-organisation" of the battery compartment.
But first of all, my Tornado has to get airborne again... Perhaps I should rename it to Phoenix?! ?

[QUOTE = "APack, post: 196816, miembro: 21572"]
¡Hola a todos!
Ayer, lamentablemente, estrellé mi H920 +, rompí 2 brazos del motor, tren de aterrizaje y, lo más horrible, la parte superior de la caja se rompió en una unión del brazo del motor.
Entonces, al inspeccionar el daño y descomponerlo en componentes que descubrí, el controlador de vuelo fc0 presenta un conector para una IMU, pero no hay ninguno. Después de buscar en la web, encontré fotos con la IMU montadas una al lado de la otra en el fc0. ¿Se eliminó posiblemente durante la "actualización" de H920 a H920 +? ¿Alguien puede decir algo al respecto?
[/CITAR]
H amigo lo siento mucho , las controladora esta dañada es que estoy interesado en la.controladora , no se que has hecho si lo has reparado y que has pensado hacer con los piezas

Lo siento mucho , yo estoy con algo parecido pero.el mío se calló al.agua sin bateria

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop