Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

a couple of shortcomings noticed already

Reaction score
After browsing the manual a couple of important things stand out. Apparently the RTH altitude is not adjustable. from the default 33 ft(90 Ft would be more comfortable). I can already see crashes on the horizon unless you fly in completely unobstructed places. The so called waypoint mode(Cable Cam) is not settable on the ground as from what it says you have to fly it first. Seems a little backwards technically speaking. I'm sure there are other things that were neglected. I guess we'll see.

What about if the RealSense is enabled when in RTH. That would be good then if something happens to be in the birds parh, it would move out of the way.
realsense is just an option at this point and I'm not aware that it could move up like the P4 can. In fact we know very little about it. Being able to change the RTH altitude is just common sense. 33 ft is way too low. anything over 90 would be better.

It does say if you are flying higher than 33ft and you activate the rth mode it will maintain that altitude until it reaches home so that's not too bad.
If you are flying lower than 33ft then yes it will climb to that altitude. So if you were far away surely you wouldn't be flying that low? I know I wouldn't be

And as for the waypoint yes I did hear and read that you have to fly to your desired points and hit enter, once you have set all the waypoints it will then fly that mission so you can control the camera. Not what I was hoping for as its not true waypoints missions. Can't have everything tho I guess ha

The manual was pulled for a reason.... Perhaps the one you saw was for the Typhoon H that was "shipped" back in MID APRIL :\

I wouldn't put too much stake in what you are reading quite yet. :)

And thank GOD for firmware updates.....

And as for the waypoint yes I did hear and read that you have to fly to your desired points and hit enter, once you have set all the waypoints it will then fly that mission so you can control the camera. Not what I was hoping for as its not true waypoints missions. Can't have everything tho I guess ha
Having flown hundreds of fixed wind and multirotor waypoint mission on both APM and PixHawk I think I speak with some experience when I say that as a camera platform the way Yuneec make you fly the route first makes a lot of sense. I can't count the number of times I've got home and downloaded flight footage only to curse and wish I'd flown a little higher/lower more to the left/right or tilted the camera a little more/less down. At least with the way Yuneec have implemented waypoints if you're not happy with the footage when you get home you've no one to blame but yourself. Don't forget guys... with Yuneec it's all about the camera and very few things look exactly the same from the air as they do in google earth.

Col.

Sounds good. The manual is not clear tho as it does not reference the controller. Seems like a safer plan would be to elevate higher than 33 feet though.

they MUST change that, it doesnt make sense to not allow manual control of RTH heights otherwise you are at the mercy of realsense to bring it back if you lose control signal behind a hill or a tree which initiates RTH

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but when you want to return, simply check your altitude on the ST16 and if you're not comfortable with it, take it up to your chosen height (depending on perceived terrain) and bring it home. Can't see a problem here. And if you can't see your bird.... You shouldn't be out that far!

Reactions: Steve Carr
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but when you want to return, simply check your altitude on the ST16 and if you're not comfortable with it, take it up to your chosen height (depending on perceived terrain) and bring it home. Can't see a problem here. And if you can't see your bird.... You shouldn't be out that far!
Chris I see your theory, but I personally have never of my choice to bring my birds home used RTH to just use it. On one occasion I was only 500' out and for some reason I lost total GPS Satellite signal, and before I could switch to ATTI Mode to manually it on it's own switched to RTH and headed home, luckily I had pre set my RTH height to 100' which was above the tree line by a safe distance. If it was factory locked at 33' I would have mated sexually with a 50' pine tree and I would have had baby dronetrees to feed ! LOL. I beleive RTH is wisely used as a emergency option to bring you bird home, when you have lost control or gps. It is not used as a convenient way to bring back and land your bird, although some choose to do this. Another time my P3P had a imu failure and took off wildly heading straight for a groove of oak trees, Since it was a electronic failure, I had not control over sticks or anything, my balls jumped up to my throat and I was in panic mode that my beloved bird was heading to her demise. So panicking I instinctively hit the RTH button, By the grace of God it stopped on a dime, raised to 100' and RTH. again if at 33' it would have raised and comeback thru a grove of 50' oak trees. This is not a argument my friend, just a feature that should in my mind be adjustable to our environments. So It may be adjustable on the "H", I just do not see the option in the manual available.

I do understand though , that if you are flying at 100' and above trees and have a issue, I believe it will remain at a 100' and RTH, so theoretically I would be over trees flying and therefore it would RTH over trees, thus no worry. I just don't see any confirmation of that anywhere to my knowledge and I am curious george about it !

The only feature I saw in the P4 that I wish was in also in the H is the tap to go. Any thoughts on how useful that would be to you experienced fliers?

The only feature I saw in the P4 that I wish was in also in the H is the tap to go. Any thoughts on how useful that would be to you experienced fliers?
I wouldn't care to much for it, I like to feel control from my fingers to the sticks, although I never used it, so should judge it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval