Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

A few questions about the CGO4...

Reaction score
Hi!

After a not so short period, I'm back here. More than that, I'm a happy owner of ProAction grip with a CGO4. Of course, I have some questions.

1. On the phone I see two WiFi AP's. One is CGO4_xxxxxx and the other is Yuneec_A100x. Something like this, don't want to take the camera from the case one more time right now. When I'm connecting to the Yuneec... with the password 1....0 I get a connection and can operate with the camera via the phone's application CGO4. If I try to connect to the CGO4... I get nothing and the network stays "saved" in the list. For what is the second access point?

2. As I understood from the previous topics, related to this stuff, there are two models of the gimbals and cameras, one is for 920, other is for 920+. How to recognize what I have?

3. In the forum I see some pictures related to the gimbal connector. On one of them, the pins are marked as PWM, on another as UART. What is the truth?

4. Can H480 lift this camera with the gimbal?

Further will be more, but due to a lot of missed work, for now, the questions are enough.

My camera is for the 920+ model. It cannot be lifted by an H480. The H920 can lift it but with reduced flight time. I have only used to app for the camera view and used the Pro grip for control.
I'm uncertain about the 2 versions of the CGO4. One thread mentioned the rf board was changed and the antennas were extended outside the camera. But I can't verify that to be true.

The CGO4 for the H920+ has the antennas invisibly relocated to the inside.
The CGO4 for the H920 has visible antennas... two white threads sticking out of the fan slots.

I didn't see any antennas outside the camera. Thank you!

Tomorrow I'll try to cinnect to the ST16.

One more question. On the right hand is placed a small joystick. It has a push button too. What is the function of it? Tried to press but got nothing visible.

One more question. On the right hand is placed a small joystick. It has a push button too. What is the function of it? Tried to press but got nothing visible.
I first thought it was to trigger photos or videos, rather than on the phone screen... but it has kleider no function.

The CGO4 for the H920+ has the antennas invisibly relocated to the inside.
The CGO4 for the H920 has visible antennas... two white threads sticking out of the fan slots.
I believe that it is the other way around. The CGO4 configured for the H920Plus has the external wire antennas. See attached photo of a H920Plus configured CGO4. 4BECBDCA-1697-453B-919E-4AEDC8042C8A.jpeg

Yes, I have had the manual from a long time. I read before decide to buy something.

Yuneec manuals are very far from the perfection...

• Haha
Reactions: Steve Carr
Probably by firmware version we can separate more clearly what is what?

Importance here is because I'm looking for 920 for spares or repair to investigate the communication between the drone and the gimbal. I'll be not so happy if I bought a wrong hardware for my camera. Cameras are rare, so no way to buy one more with antennas outside.

In the manual, about the charging current, is mentioned 2.6A for a battery with 2600 mAh capacity. Can someone confirm is this accurate? 0.75C should be better or doesn't matter?

In the manual, about the charging current, is mentioned 2.6A for a battery with 2600 mAh capacity. Can someone confirm is this accurate? 0.75C should be better or doesn't matter?
All lipo's and lithium based batteries can be charged at 1C (means 1x battery capacity, in your case 2,6A are 2600mA).
From my experience, charging at 0,5C is the best way to increase battery life and avoid overheating, puffing etc.
I've batteries that are 4 years old still in perfect conditions.
Of course, the charging time will be longer.

Reactions: Chris Koch
Where I can watch the Proaction's battery level on the phone display?

Just tested with the ST16 and it works fine.

For what is the wire (antenna) on the top of the Proaction gimbal electronics?
Inside looks like the SR24 is present?!16187512949111890636255.jpg
See the picture...

Done! This is an SR24. Can bound it as aircraft. Tilt and pan works from the ST16. I'm happy ;) No reason to analyze the protocol on the Proaction side. Only the question, which is still without answer is about the GPS dats in the EXIF.

I have obtained a few months ago a CGO4 with a Proaction. Cheap. 80 EUR total. From Germany.
Some precautions for buyers from Germany areal. If the item is described as fully working, this is related only to the knowledge of the seller. People there are self-enough. So, they're the last instantiation. The lowest level is "it maybe is working, but I'm not competent to check it". The shortest sentence is "I have tried, but my knowledge is far from the expected from the manufacturer". This is not the most fearful situation. The worst is when the item is found in the garage by the previous owner, I have no battery to check the item and so on. This for sure means you're buying a non-working piece of ****.

So, the problem itself., The grip and gimbal work flawlessly. Not the same as with the camera. WiFi works but when I connect to the camera by the CGO4 android application I'm getting the message "Camera has closed, you can not do anything until you restart the camera again." There was a choice "Restart camera", and when it was pressed the application does something but the success after that is zero. I'm thinking about a bad firmware update. Any recommendation is welcome.

The Proaction itself is more than I have paid for all but the best is to return to life all the set.

As additional information, there are present four beeps from the camera in the initialization stage. This should be some kind of error code because another camera is playing a welcome tone in this situation.

When I try recommended by the application restart camera, I'm getting for short time a pop-up message with "XML analysis is abnormal" text.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis