Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

A Few Questions....

Reaction score
Hello everyone, it's nice to be a part of the community. Disclaimer: I am a noob and just started flying. I may be asking super amateur questions but I ask that you all just bear with me while I get through this. I just have a few questions, and if anyone could help me out, I would really appreciate it. 1st off, I would like to know if the Typhoon H plus supports teaming or team mode? It would really be great to be able to use something like a wizard controller (Does it even support the wizard controller? It did not come with one) or another ST16S to the unit so that one person could focus on flying, and another worry about controlling the camera like the original Typhoon H could. If not, I would also like to know if there is a way to connect Something else as the ST16S remote control is pretty large and depending on what we are shooting, it would be nice not to have that controller in the shot.

2nd, I've flown the unit about 15 times already and I really haven't had too much of a problem with the exception of whenever I get about 50' away I lose connection to the camera. It doesn't happen every time but it does happen. Sometimes, it will regain connection when I get closer, sometimes not. Regsrdless, when it does happen, I cannot see what the camera sees. I'm not even sure that it's still recording anymore, and obviously anything that the ST16S controller is recording in terms of video ends up going blank or the image freezes on the ST16S screen. Is there a way to avoid or counteract this because this severely impairs what I'm shooting or trying to accomplish. When I look at the video on the ST16S controller it would have a spot where the image just freezes and if it did end up connecting back to the controller the video would unfreeze. Now the odd part About this issue is that if I go straight up about 200' it would still retain the connection and I could still see the cameras image on the screen. This seems to not have happened the 1st time and the 2nd time I flew the unit, in fact I feel like it did not start happening until I upgraded the firmware as the controller keeps suggesting every time I turn it on. It has only been upgraded once, and I feel like this issue started once that firmware was applied but I cannot be sure. All I do is hope that the camera is still recording and that I get the footage in 4K but that leads me to my 3rd and final issue....

The 1st few times I flew before doing the firmware update, I was able to take the 4K footage off the SD card and it played in my laptop without issues. Now, for some reason I cannot play any of the footage that is recorded on the SD card. It simply will not open and when I try to play it in quick time or even any of my professional editing programs, it just will not play and gives an error. I am using the same SD card that came with the unit. I have formatted it,
and I have not changed any of the recording settings on the ST16S controller for the camera. I am baffled as to why I can now not read the video on the SD card. I shot yesterday and I have all the videos but they do not play. If anyone can help me with any of these issues I would greatly appreciate it. If anyone has any questions about my set up, or what specifically I'm doing, please feel free to ask. Thanks everyone for reading and sorry for the long dissertation, but I prefer to err on the side of caution and being thorough than to leave anything out. Best regards.

Darien,

I have not tried team mode as I do not have a second ST-16s and I do not know whether or not you can bind to the wizard. As this aircraft is so new and as is typical with Yuneec products, info is only trickling out and those who have the early models are left to discover on our own unfortunately. I am betting that if team mode is not currently available it will be with a future update but we'll have to wait and see.

To your second issue - which antenna are you using - Mushroom or the flat square patch? The Patch will give you better distance but be sure the top flat side is pointed at your aircraft at all times. Having it drop out 50 feet away however sounds like it could be a problem as you suggest. And the fact that you can't even see video kind confirms something is going on. Where did you purchase from? If it was Best Buy I would not hesitate to return it for another if you are still inside the return period. If not I would call Yuneec CS Monday and see what they say.

One more thing in regards to the update screen, I don't think it ever goes away - its just a reminder.

Thank you Typilot, I am looking to get this resolved and as much as I really love this aircraft I'm thinking I may have to return it. The camera does not connect to its wireless network. I see it because it comes up on the binding screen as an available selection but when I click on it it asks for an 8 to 10 digit password and I don't know what it is, nor do I see it in the manual. As for the antenna: I am using the mushroom but I will switch to the square. Thanks for clearing that up.

Darien, I had the same problem not being able to connect to my network. I had to exit the flight app and go into the Pad setting and connect there then when I returned to the flight app it was able to connect and download.

Thank you Typilot, I am looking to get this resolved and as much as I really love this aircraft I'm thinking I may have to return it. The camera does not connect to its wireless network. I see it because it comes up on the binding screen as an available selection but when I click on it it asks for an 8 to 10 digit password and I don't know what it is, nor do I see it in the manual. As for the antenna: I am using the mushroom but I will switch to the square. Thanks for clearing that up.

Standard Yuneec password is 1234567890

Regarding your SD card... if that card is the same U1 16GB card sent with prior Yuneec products, it is not fast enough for quality, artifact free 4K video. You want to look for a UHS-I U3 microSD card that has a write speed of 80 MBp/s.

Honestly, I'm not sure about the card, but I had a feeling so I ordered a fast 90MB/s card but it has not come yet. What does not make sense is that it worked the first 2 or 3 flights and everything since then does not open or play...could be the card....but I feel like something is not adding up...

Just guessing that your video files may not be closing properly when the camera disconnects from the video feed. Be sure to press the stop to finish the recording. After you land it might help to start and stop a short video which would close all the video files properly.

The H Plus does not have a Team mode for the camera.

If you are using the mushroom antenna make sure it's pointing up. The flat panel will work better with the video feed but it must point toward the H Plus to maintain a good signal.

Thanks Steve. I just ran some tests and it records 1080P just fine. What seems to be happening (my theory) is when I put it to 4K or UHD, it will start to record and when it can't keep up with the bitrate, it freezes the screen and everything goes to crap. Not sure why the memory card freezing would stop the video feed. I'll stick a high speed video card in it and we'll see what happens.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Thanks Steve. I just ran some tests and it records 1080P just fine. What seems to be happening (my theory) is when I put it to 4K or UHD, it will start to record and when it can't keep up with the bitrate, it freezes the screen and everything goes to crap. Not sure why the memory card freezing would stop the video feed. I'll stick a high speed video card in it and we'll see what happens.
That's interesting. I share your curiosity regarding the video card interfering with the video feed.

Ok, I can confirm that switching to a high speed memory card stopped the picture from freezing and I can actually open and play back the UHD video files. Who would have thought... I would like to know why it functions that way but at least I now know how to counter the problem. I even switched back to the Mushroom antenna and it still works. I'm not sure what kind of distance I will get out of it because I did not take it beyond 50' as I was just testing the video feed at this point, but I will keep you posted as I will do more tests tomorrow. A very big THANK YOU to everyone who has contributed to helping me figure out this problem. Talk soon. -DFR

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval