Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

A word to the wise from the not so wise

You are correct. I plan all my flights. I will post the video of the landing in a few days.

I had a similar problem except it didn't involve a low battery. I was showing a friend my TH and was out about 75 maybe 100 ft. and had started back when I started to loose control. At first it was slow to respond to my inputs then at the end it quit responding all together and just hovered about 30 ft. above me. I had plenty of time to try inputs using all the flight modes with no success. I watched helplessly as it slowly drifted into the side of my friends house breaking two props and crashing into the windshield of my car. A bad day of drone flying but things got worse. That was this last June. The drone was still under warranty so I contacted Yuneec and they instructed me to ship it to them so they could analyze the telemetry. As would be expected they came up with a totally different and inaccurate sequences of events that put the blame back on me. When I returned the TH to them I included a very detailed letter describing what took place and asked them to revisit their findings. Now Nov. 30 they still have my drone and each time we communicate it's when I call them. I think they think that if they put me off long enough I will give in and pay them the $245.00 they want to repair it and if I ever want to see it again that's what it may come to.
I'm a retired engineer with a pilots lic. and I know what happened but being right isn't getting my drone back.
Has anyone ever had Yuneec do repair work and are their repairs any better than their customer service?
Thanks for letting an old man vent his frustration and any advice as to how I should proceed would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0359.JPG
    IMG_0359.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 37
Don, sounds like a bad experience for sure. What flight mode were you in when you started coming back to yourself? How many flights did you have previously? Did you send the controller back to Yuneec or do you still have it? I've not had to send mine back in for any work thus far (knock on wood) so I can't give you any experience story - good or bad. I know in the past that when something has happened that was the fault of the aircraft that Yuneec has stepped up and given full replacements, maybe not in all cases but in some for sure.

Good stuff fellas. I have found that all 3 of my batteries have different amounts of time between 1st and 2nd warning. Best practice is indeed to land the bird before the first warning.
I fly a lot over water, and appreciate the reminder/lesson of this post.

Can someone tell me what would cause the H to loose RC or control? Especially where it was not that far away from the transmitter. I thought I remember reading that if the H did lose the control ( 2.4 ) signal it would use the 5.8 antenna to find its way back home until it reacquired the 2.4 signal.

Ron. You attached that post to my question about what the OP had posted.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop