Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Accelerometer calibration

I agree . this is exactly why there is so many crashes . no one knows for sure the correct method . I called yuneec and ask the support guy and he said leave on the table during the whole process ..

But there own manual says otherwise ..

Someone from Yuneec with the absolute definitive answer needs to chime in as to why the manual conflicts with what there support personal is telling people.

Not doubting you, but where did you find version 1.3? Is it online? I ask as I'd like to have the latest copy. Yuneec.com does not have the 1.3 version

I "believe" the Blade QX350 flight electronics was designed by Yuneec. That model could be accelerometer calibrated either statically or in air. Both were valid methods. The "in flight" method would produce a more accurate result. I never did the "in flight" method, and never had any noticeable issues with my Blade.

Since I couldn't find the accelerometer calibration in the Typhoon H version of the manual, so I posted in the other Yuneec forum. Tim from Yuneec responded with; "Q500 series is the same process for Typhoon H. Skip to 1:30 mark. Make sure machine is on a flat level surface", there was a link to a video to doing a Q500 accelerometer calibration.

Strange...in the Typhoon Manual V1.3 it clearly states that the calibration should be done taking off from a level surface and hovering in the AIR! So confused....

ACCELEROMETER CALIBRATION

STEP 1) Place the TYPHOON H on a level and stable surface. Switch on the ST16 Ground Station and the aircraft and wait till the RC and WiFi connected.
STEP 2) Make sure the FLIGHT MODE switch is in the middle position. Tap the GPS Calibration button, switch off GPS and choose 'ACCELER- OMETER'.

STPE 3) When the main LED indicator blinks red , green and blue slowly, hold the motor start/stop button to start the motor, then the main LED indicator will blink red, green and blue rapidly. Push the throttle joystick gently above the middle position to take off the aircraft. Meanwhile, keep the aircraft hovering manually until the main LED indicator blinks red, green and blue slowly again.

STEP 4) Landing the aircraft and hold the motor start/stop button to stop the motors, the copter will restart automatically. You will recog- nize the this when you hear the raising tone.
NOTICE: You must do the accelerometer calibration in no-wind condition.

Last edited:
Follow the manual al
I agree . this is exactly why there is so many crashes . no one knows for sure the correct method . I called yuneec and ask the support guy and he said leave on the table during the whole process ..

But there own manual says otherwise ..

Someone from Yuneec with the absolute definitive answer needs to chime in as to why the manual conflicts with what there support personal is telling people.[/QUOTE
Follow the Manual "ALL" the time, as it will cover your warranty, if issues after doing what they stated!

you know step 3 that Yuneec mentioned above "Keep the aircraft stable during the calibration process."

does not sound like leave the aircraft on the ground . since it was already on the ground in step 1

maybe there verbiage is whats causing so many crashes . will wait for Yuneec's comment on the matter .

Differences in language translation. Keep the aircraft stable equates to don't move it during the calibration. Accelerometers calibrate when they are at rest, not moving. ANY motion prohibits an accelerometer from finding zero because all motion, including gravity, possesses some level of acceleration.

Tim, Confirm the manual is Correct or Wrong? As there are conflicting statements in manual and experiences of previous thoughts!:confused:

ACCELEROMETER C ALIBRATION

STEP 1) Place the TYPHOON H on a level and stable surface. Switch on
the ST16 Ground Station and the aircraft and wait till the RC and WiFi
connected.

STEP 2) Make sure the FLIGHT MODE switch is in the middle position.
Tap the GPS Calibration but ton, and choose 'ACCELEROMETER'.

STPE 3) Keep the aircraft stable during the calibration process. During
calibration, the main led will blink red, green and blue slowly at first
and rapidly afterwards. If calibration succeed. The copter will restart
automatically. You will recognize the this when you hear the raising
tone.

NOTICE: You must do the acceler ometer calibration in no-wind condition.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If calibration has failed, the Main LED Status
Indicator will be solid white and you must repeat the calibration
process. If the calibration continues to fail, either the site of calibration
is unsuitable or the accelerometer is defective. Refer to your
Yuneec service center.
Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member