Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Active Track Danger

DJI’s legal counsel has to know that any non drone owner hit with a drone using Active Track is not bound by DJI’s arbitration clause in the EULA.

The obvious and well demonstrated risk of human (and animal) injury is a product and operator liability nightmare.

I had a friend who wanted to show off a Mavic pro and it’s “amazing” sensors. He flew straight towards his own face and the light was wrong so it hit him. He was very injured and I’m sure his piloting now suffers if he even flys it as his wife was all about getting rid of it.

Reactions: Prince R Harden
Reason #1 why a gps dongle is best.

It's not a nightmare for DJI. It's a cost/benefit analysis equation and DJI has made its determination.

Last edited:
I had a friend who wanted to show off a Mavic pro and it’s “amazing” sensors. He flew straight towards his own face and the light was wrong so it hit him. He was very injured and I’m sure his piloting now suffers if he even flys it as his wife was all about getting rid of it.
[/QUOT

less hope Yuneec do not come out with anything like that. it doesn't matter how good they say DJI is I don't like them . love Mike TH .
I watch something containing DGI and TH. they love they DJI is when they you do TH in special operations overall the TH can do things that DJI cannot do no matter what .
Ray

Reactions: AH-1G

In this case, I might even agree with his wife. Charles Darwin had a lot to say about guys that think like that.

If they incorporate auto braking in semi trucks there will inevitably be people that jump in front of one to test them out.

A very large percentage of the population is incredibly stupid.

Just read the comments in YouTube videos on the space program, Moon Landings, and science in general. It’s absolutely astounding what people think and believe.

Reactions: LBasco1
The number of wrecked Tesla’s on auto pilot is testament that even the tech savvy wealthy can be pretty dumb.

Reactions: LBasco1
Hey way back when cruises control first came out for vehicles, my friends dad Dr. Pennington, was baffled when a couple was brought into the emergency room after wrecking their van. Wife thought "cruise control was to keep the van on the road":eek::rolleyes:

Reactions: biltno
If they incorporate auto braking in semi trucks there will inevitably be people that jump in front of one to test them out.

A very large percentage of the population is incredibly stupid.
Better yet self driving....LOL
The worse thing ever is to put 3500 lbs or more of steel and plastic with 200 hp or more on the road without a human.
I am in the auto industry and people still don’t get it. All these self braking and radar cruise control systems are there to make driving easier NOT MEANT TO BE RELIED ON 100%. There are too many variables that can cause these systems to do what they are not supposed to do. And that is outlined in that book sitting in the back of the glovebox that is rarely read

Better yet self driving....LOL
The worse thing ever is to put 3500 lbs or more of steel and plastic with 200 hp or more on the road without a human.
I am in the auto industry and people still don’t get it. All these self braking and radar cruise control systems are there to make driving easier NOT MEANT TO BE RELIED ON 100%. There are too many variables that can cause these systems to do what they are not supposed to do. And that is outlined in that book sitting in the back of the glovebox that is rarely read
I have radar gizmos in my car. Tells me all sorts of stuff. Do I use it? Nope. I drive my car...the car does not drive me.

They've already done it with Teslas. Here's a guy who decided to use his wife as the test dummy for his auto-emergency-braking function:

This Active Track defect has me wondering why they are violating the controller position. As there has been, to my knowledge, no mention of this hazard by DJI, are they even addressing the issue?

Hey way back when cruises control first came out for vehicles, my friends dad Dr. Pennington, was baffled when a couple was brought into the emergency room after wrecking their van. Wife thought "cruise control was to keep the van on the road":eek::rolleyes:
This is an urban myth and exists in several forms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval