Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Aerial Parallax - Yuneec Typhoon H - 8.25mm Lens

Oh you're the guy that said he had to go to home depot to get a screw driver...nice to meet you. I thought you had many steps in your video which you did not have to do, thus I posted my short video to show people how easy it was. Did you shoot the balloon video?
This video is no longer available. Is it available somewhere?
I'll be swapping my early version stock lens for a Pixaero 6.00mm. Hoping that I don't have to change the mount.

This video is no longer available. Is it available somewhere?
I'll be swapping my early version stock lens for a Pixaero 6.00mm. Hoping that I don't have to change the mount.
I don't know which video that was but this one covers the lens change:

The applicability of that video is dependent upon which camera board was installed. Early units could take advantage of it, later units had a different lens mount which made the process more invasive.

The applicability of that video is dependent upon which camera board was installed. Early units could take advantage of it, later units had a different lens mount which made the process more invasive.
Well, that's good news for me as I will be replacing the lens on one of the original cameras. I'm still concerned about the focal length difference between the stock lens and the 6.00mm Pixaero lens. Will that require the new longer mount to be installed on the sensor board? I was hoping that the new lens would just thread into the old mount.

If someone has a PixAero 6mm lens laying around and some good calipers they could measure the diameter and post the numbers here. I have a stock lens from a camera obtained in December 2016 I could measure for comparisons. However, that might not be definitive as Yuneec changed mounts sometime in 2016. Do you know if you have a smooth bore or threaded mount?

The barrels are not the same size at least on this camera lens. It is a threaded barrel.

20180128_230247.jpg 20180128_231258.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy