Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

After market charger

For some reason my Q500 4K came with 2 balance cable. I use an iMax charger and the only thing i am missing and ordering right now is the Banana (charger) to EC3 cable. The iMax can charge at an steady 4.4amp...

Ok got this picture from James @ GIFI power this morning this is the new yuneec charger as it's just finished getting tested only waited 2months I don't have full specs yet but I am waiting on it being shipped to me so will keep yous updated

d29c6dc8b9fd79dacf527b600b56b8a2.jpg

Hi guys. I've seen 3 recommendations in this thread but is there an overall best charger for the H that charges multiple batteries to their optimum in a safe manner. The known Rolls Royce for charging so to speak.

For reference, I'm probably buying numerous Ultrax batteries if that makes any difference?

Thanks in advance.

Hi guys. I've seen 3 recommendations in this thread but is there an overall best charger for the H that charges multiple batteries to their optimum in a safe manner. The known Rolls Royce for charging so to speak.

For reference, I'm probably buying numerous Ultrax batteries if that makes any difference?

Thanks in advance.

Everyone has their preference and opinion on which charger is the best. I own and use the
Venom Pro Duo 80W X2 Dual AC/DC 7A LiPo/LiHV & NiMH RC Battery Balance Charger. It has all the options you need to safely charge, discharge and set batteries to the proper storage voltage. It is relatively inexpensive and available from many sources. I have been using mine for almost a year for charging my Q500 batteries as well as my r/c car batteries. Venom also sells a 4 station version of this charger.

Venom Pro Duo 80W X2 Dual AC/DC 7A LiPo/LiHV & NiMH RC Battery Balance Charger

Thanks Louie. It's all subjective I realise but the multiple choices of the Venom sound great in case I upgrade to the H520/H920 at some point. Thanks for your response, much appreciated.

Thanks for that. The unit I bought had one of those rather scary looking multi port strips included. Going to look into the Venom one.

Thanks for that. The unit I bought had one of those rather scary looking multi port strips included. Going to look into the Venom one.

That board is for connecting the balance cable. The same board will be supplied with the Venom charger and many other chargers. there are a few that have the multiple ports incorporated in in the charger body but they are few and far between.

Last edited:
Looked close personally at the Venom charger. Instructions that go with it are hideous. They don't tell you that you also have to provide your own balancing cables. 2 boards are included but not like the charging board I have. Just two short boards with an assortment of sockets attached to each. Charger I looked at was new so the cables are either not included or they were missing. Simpler to just get a charger specific for the Yuneec batteries as I don't have an assortment of devices with different types and sizes of cells. Looking more for a charger specific to the Yuneec batteries like the GiFi one but wanting a balancing one at least if not also one that discharges for storage.

Looked close personally at the Venom charger. Instructions that go with it are hideous. They don't tell you that you also have to provide your own balancing cables. 2 boards are included but not like the charging board I have. Just two short boards with an assortment of sockets attached to each. Charger I looked at was new so the cables are either not included or they were missing. Simpler to just get a charger specific for the Yuneec batteries as I don't have an assortment of devices with different types and sizes of cells. Looking more for a charger specific to the Yuneec batteries like the GiFi one but wanting a balancing one at least if not also one that discharges for storage.

Your Yuneec charge cable will be used as your balance cable. You will need to purchase a second one to charge two batteries at a time. The Venom charger also comes with one EC3 charge cable and you will have to buy a second one to charge tow batteries at a time.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 12

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trepox