Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Aftermarket batteries

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Just wondering if there is a aftermarket battery for this beast.
There are cheaper batteries out there with more power. Just a question
Thanks

• Wow
Reactions: Mike Irish
Is swapping the connector easy.
Yes if you have reasonable soldering skills and DO NOT cut the larger EC4 connector off both leads at once unless you want to see localized lightning..... Cut each wire separately and solder on the new connector, then do the next one, keep live leads insulated with tape temporarily.

Attachments

• IMG_2483.JPG
    IMG_2483.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 20
@SkyVidTek haha yep... I made that mistake once and once only (see photo attached). Wire melted 2 of my fingers together. EC3 connectors can be a little more tricky to do then some other connectors. Mostly when re-inserting metal plugs into the plastic housings. Just take your time and use quality solder and make sure you have a helping hand or some other device to hold the metal plugs securely. 20160220_002031.jpg20160219_230541.jpg

I ask a question on another thread. But you guys know alot. I can still return my tornado. With the batteries being a issue should I, or would you return your tornado if you could. Is it to old to own one now. What do you guys think
@SkyVidTek haha yep... I made that mistake once and once only (see photo attached). Wire melted 2 of my fingers together. EC3 connectors can be a little more tricky to do then some other connectors. Mostly when re-inserting metal plugs into the plastic housings. Just take your time and use quality solder and make sure you have a helping hand or some other device to hold the metal plugs securely. View attachment 23222View attachment 23223

I ask a question on another thread. But you guys know alot. I can still return my tornado. With the batteries being a issue should I, or would you return your tornado if you could. Is it to old to own one now. What do you guys think
I don't have a 920+ but as far as I know it is very similar to the H Plus! They both have the 16s controler I think! The only reason that is stopping me from getting the 920+ is availability and cost of spare parts.
I would have no problem in using aftermarket batteries as there are much better than the original ones.
Regards.
Mike

Reactions: danomite24
I don't have a 920+ but as far as I know it is very similar to the H Plus! They both have the 16s controler I think! The only reason that is stopping me from getting the 920+ is availability and cost of spare parts.
I would have no problem in using aftermarket batteries as there are much better than the original ones.
Regards.
Mike
Thanks so much

The H920+ uses the same ST16 controller as the H480. The 920+ is also a beast and is even more stable in the wind than the H480. The one problem with the 920+ for commercial operators is it does have NFZ for Class B and C airports and as far as I know there is no way to remove it. With its increased lift capacity it can be used in SAR operations to deliver more substantial packages for victims and rescuers.

As with any other sUAS aircraft all still depends on your needs and budget. I would be more inclined to change the connectors on the aircraft to the standard connectors found on off the shelf battery packs as opposed to changing all the battery connectors.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval