Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Agonizing over selling my never flown H Plus.

Any farms, fields your way, or how about water ? Where are you located ?
No. We’re in Bar Harbor Maine now then to Eastport Maine. We probably won’t be anywhere that I can access a satisfactory location till September. I’ll get it done and I’ll be sure to post and everyone can say hey that’s the agonizing guy.??

If this is one's hobby, then it is an emotional investment. I have Typahoon and GoPro Karma (disconitued). I just love to fly Karma also. So, rather than thinking about discontinuation of this from GoPro, I just collected extra, batteries, arms etc... and secured it for future. And I fly carefully to avoid any unnecessary events. At this point, discontinuation is not bothering me and I just enjoying the flying.

Finding the right place to fly is the most important thing and if you struggle to find somewhere, it's natural you will be second-guessing your decision to buy.
My H Plus is my 4th drone if you include cheap toys and the Plus is by far the easiest to get in the air and make fancy content that flatters my skills and inexperience. Some years ago, I owned an RC helicopter that, when it wasn't in a neighbours tree, spent much of it's time jiggling about on the ground or chasing me down the street.
Keep looking for somewhere to fly. If you're on the coast, you're already close to where some amazing shots can be made. Take someone with you. My daughter and I alternate the spotter and piloting duties. Your confidence will come.
Thanks. I’m sure I have the confidence and I look forward to putting it in challenging situations. I built a airplane back in the late 90s and test flew it myself and recall the excitement at finally getting to that point. I just waited till I had the best conditions.

If this is one's hobby, then it is an emotional investment. I have Typahoon and GoPro Karma (disconitued). I just love to fly Karma also. So, rather than thinking about discontinuation of this from GoPro, I just collected extra, batteries, arms etc... and secured it for future. And I fly carefully to avoid any unnecessary events. At this point, discontinuation is not bothering me and I just enjoying the flying.
Thanks for the advice. I knew I could depend on the the members of this forum to ease my concerns. I’m probably more committed than before.

Can anyone talk me in to selling or not selling my H Plus? I know this is a childish question to many and I have been reluctant to ask. There’s an abundance of reasons why I have never flown it except that life and location are the major reasons. I’ve read the post on this forum daily and have learned so much and feel confident about flying it. However with the uncertainty of the future of Yuneec in the U.S. and the parts and batteries availability I’m not sure if I still want to go forward. I thought I would just put it out there and see what others might think.
I can certainly empathise with your conundrum. I have an H520 which I had great aspirations for at the time of purchase, not the least of which was the ability to hot swap across different payloads. Then I ran into the problem of delay on delay, and in some cases downright BS from Yuneec (China) around supply and delivery of the CGOET gimbal, to the point where I decided this degree of hassle wasn't what I wanted when trying to set up a small business. There were enough difficulties around flying reg's in my home province where close to 70% of the area is tied up in conservation land/national parks, without trying to work with a less than ideal aircraft configuration as well.
After trying to sell the H520 with extra batteries and spares, and getting absolutely zero interest, my solution has been to utilise what I have; adding a Parrot multispectrum system that can be fitted to the H520 with aftermarket brackets (the Parrot unit can be utilised to fit pretty much any multirotor or fixed wing UAV) and fly the H520 into the ground - figuratively.
My solution may not fit around your ideas/options, but months of agonising over "sell, don't sell" and more than a few feelings of "woe is me" for being (self) suckered into buying what is essentially a very good aircraft, unfortunately put out by a company whose concepts of aftermarket support seems to be non-existent, seems to chime in with your thoughts as well. Hopefully you can draw some solace from knowing you are not the only one to experience such a problem about what to do with a seemingly "flightless" UAV.
Maybe a bit of lateral thinking might offer up some solutions.

Safe and happy flying :);):cool:?

I can certainly empathise with your conundrum. I have an H520 which I had great aspirations for at the time of purchase, not the least of which was the ability to hot swap across different payloads. Then I ran into the problem of delay on delay, and in some cases downright BS from Yuneec (China) around supply and delivery of the CGOET gimbal, to the point where I decided this degree of hassle wasn't what I wanted when trying to set up a small business. There were enough difficulties around flying reg's in my home province where close to 70% of the area is tied up in conservation land/national parks, without trying to work with a less than ideal aircraft configuration as well.
After trying to sell the H520 with extra batteries and spares, and getting absolutely zero interest, my solution has been to utilise what I have; adding a Parrot multispectrum system that can be fitted to the H520 with aftermarket brackets (the Parrot unit can be utilised to fit pretty much any multirotor or fixed wing UAV) and fly the H520 into the ground - figuratively.
My solution may not fit around your ideas/options, but months of agonising over "sell, don't sell" and more than a few feelings of "woe is me" for being (self) suckered into buying what is essentially a very good aircraft, unfortunately put out by a company whose concepts of aftermarket support seems to be non-existent, seems to chime in with your thoughts as well. Hopefully you can draw some solace from knowing you are not the only one to experience such a problem about what to do with a seemingly "flightless" UAV.
Maybe a bit of lateral thinking might offer up some solutions.

Safe and happy flying :);):cool:?
Thanks for sharing your experience. Thankfully I don’t have the additional burden of trying to start business. I’m just a hobbyist. Good luck.

Reactions: PaulEden

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval