Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Agonizing over selling my never flown H Plus.

Reaction score
Can anyone talk me in to selling or not selling my H Plus? I know this is a childish question to many and I have been reluctant to ask. There’s an abundance of reasons why I have never flown it except that life and location are the major reasons. I’ve read the post on this forum daily and have learned so much and feel confident about flying it. However with the uncertainty of the future of Yuneec in the U.S. and the parts and batteries availability I’m not sure if I still want to go forward. I thought I would just put it out there and see what others might think.

Interesting. It's hard to make a decision on an aircraft you've never flown. For starters, I've not seen much difference in sales prices for used equipment based on flight time. Condition is important, or course.

Uncertainty is an industry wide issue. Each manufacturer has it's own set of problems and, governments regulate them all. While we discuss openly the problems with Yuneec in the US, they are not really that much different when compared to other models. Parts continue to be available from many sources including crashed units. Typically Yuneec parts have been reasonably priced compared to other major brands. It's simply a matter of looking beyond the company order process.

Personal need and purpose of owning a particular model are primary considerations. I fly for the simple enjoyment I get from video and occasional aerial shots. I look at the quality of the end product and look for ways to improve both smooth video and and post processing. I've bought other brands since owning the H and I've not found anything I enjoy more than flying the H Plus for my purposes.

Interesting. It's hard to make a decision on an aircraft you've never flown. For starters, I've not seen much difference in sales prices for used equipment based on flight time. Condition is important, or course.

Uncertainty is an industry wide issue. Each manufacturer has it's own set of problems and, governments regulate them all. While we discuss openly the problems with Yuneec in the US, they are not really that much different when compared to other models. Parts continue to be available from many sources including crashed units. Typically Yuneec parts have been reasonably priced compared to other major brands. It's simply a matter of looking beyond the company order process.

Personal need and purpose of owning a particular model are primary considerations. I fly for the simple enjoyment I get from video and occasional aerial shots. I look at the quality of the end product and look for ways to improve both smooth video and and post processing. I've bought other brands since owning the H and I've not found anything I enjoy more than flying the H Plus for my purposes.
Thanks Steve. I was hoping you would see my post and reply. Yours was the answer I probably was needing to hear. Now I have advice from someone that I’ve respected and followed since joining this forum. Not that there’s not others. I’m going to hold on to it. My wife and I travel full time in our motor home. We have been in very few areas were I could fly especially just learning. I do have the simulator app and I have used it many times and I practiced with it and flew it well. No crashes if you can believe that. Thanks again. Maybe I’ll cross your path someday in our travels.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Aw, come on. There has to be a place to fly. I've encountered places that seemed impossible. The location below was the worst by far. But no other choices when I was trying to find an alternate location for a bridge in the National Forest for a snowmobile/snowcat river crossing.

interesting. My sister full times in a couch as well. It's a Tiffin.

Thanks Steve. I was hoping you would see my post and reply. Yours was the answer I probably was needing to hear. Now I have advice from someone that I’ve respected and followed since joining this forum. Not that there’s not others. I’m going to hold on to it. My wife and I travel full time in our motor home. We have been in very few areas were I could fly especially just learning. I do have the simulator app and I have used it many times and I practiced with it and flew it well. No crashes if you can believe that. Thanks again. Maybe I’ll cross your path someday in our travels.

If you plan on selling I’m in the market for another H as a backup....plus I have money burning a hole in my pocket and I’ve got about as many snare drums as I can handle (my other expensive hobby).

Aw, come on. There has to be a place to fly. I've encountered places that seemed impossible. The location below was the worst by far. But no other choices when I was trying to find an alternate location for a bridge in the National Forest for a snowmobile/snowcat river crossing.

True however I’m still on the east coast and no fly zones, weather or obligations have worked against me.I know it sounds like a lot of excuses but I recall a lot of advice on the forum about flying the first few hours in areas that were open without interference. BTW, a Tiffin is what we have. Right now we’re in Maine about a half mile from the local municipal airport. Next we’re in Eastport Maine. I’m going to try there but we’re right on the water but I’ll ask at the campground if there’s a good place to go. I’ll get it in the air and let you know.

• Love

BTW.... that video was truly inspirational and amazing. I can tell that wasn’t your first time at the rodeo.

• Haha
If you plan on selling I’m in the market for another H as a backup....plus I have money burning a hole in my pocket and I’ve got about as many snare drums as I can handle (my other expensive hobby).

Thanks but Steve’s reply was all I needed to make up my mind.

I would just add the following as I have been looking at the long game of drones going back to the beginning - especially how it has caught up with the other technology.

In the beginning drones were were just another type of flying machine and really were a bit of an enigma. There was always the simplicity that allowed an unskilled pilot to fly it but beyond that they really had no Purpose.

At the same time the drone technology was happening, in parallel, the miniaturization of cameras as well as the improvement of picture quality was also happening and eventually the two were married in a very awkward way - the cameras could not for the most part be controlled once airborne so you just hit 'record' and went off flying and not only that - there was no screen to look at. . . . . but I digress. ;)

I'll cut to the 'chase'. The modern consumer drone with it's state of the art software, flying and camera and everything else, has hit a wall in one respect - they're not going to get any better in terms of imagery and flying - anytime soon. I am talking about a sub 2000 dollar drone like the H Plus. If we think about it - The H Plus (when released) cost the same as it's predecessor (Typhoon 480 with RS 3 years prior) but it has a far better camera and flies much better. This kind of major leap forward will now come with a heftier price tag.

The next step up in terms of imagery is going to cost more that most currently flying something like a Plus are going to be willing to spend. If you look at other manufacturers products in a critical manner (judging by the imagery) there is really nothing new coming out - DJI has rehashed the Phantom 4 and the Mavic 2 Pro is still their best seller over two years after release.

My point is that the Plus is STILL in the game in terms of what it can do as long as you take care of it. I bought a Mavic 2 Pro a while back and it's biggest draw (for me) is that I can travel much lighter and smaller if I have to which; makes it useful to me. But if I had to get rid of one I still would fight to keep my Plus - it's that good in my estimation.

I would just add the following as I have been looking at the long game of drones going back to the beginning - especially how it has caught up with the other technology.

In the beginning drones were were just another type of flying machine and really were a bit of an enigma. There was always the simplicity that allowed an unskilled pilot to fly it but beyond that they really had no Purpose.

At the same time the drone technology was happening, in parallel, the miniaturization of cameras as well as the improvement of picture quality was also happening and eventually the two were married in a very awkward way - the cameras could not for the most part be controlled once airborne so you just hit 'record' and went off flying and not only that - there was no screen to look at. . . . . but I digress. ;)

I'll cut to the 'chase'. The modern consumer drone with it's state of the art software, flying and camera and everything else, has hit a wall in one respect - they're not going to get any better in terms of imagery and flying - anytime soon. I am talking about a sub 2000 dollar drone like the H Plus. If we think about it - The H Plus (when released) cost the same as it's predecessor (Typhoon 480 with RS 3 years prior) but it has a far better camera and flies much better. This kind of major leap forward will now come with a heftier price tag.

The next step up in terms of imagery is going to cost more that most currently flying something like a Plus are going to be willing to spend. If you look at other manufacturers products in a critical manner (judging by the imagery) there is really nothing new coming out - DJI has rehashed the Phantom 4 and the Mavic 2 Pro is still their best seller over two years after release.

My point is that the Plus is STILL in the game in terms of what it can do as long as you take care of it. I bought a Mavic 2 Pro a while back and it's biggest draw (for me) is that I can travel much lighter and smaller if I have to which; makes it useful to me. But if I had to get rid of one I still would fight to keep my Plus - it's that good in my estimation.

When I began to get interested in UAV flight (about three or four years ago) I began to research and and gather all of the information I could. I looked at everything and after looking at Yuneec T H I knew that was the direction I wanted to go. I knew that there’s a lot to learn but I was up for it. I have a back ground in aviation. I don’t make snap decisions on things like this. Hence the agonizing over selling it. I think by now that you probably suspected that I didn’t didn’t really want to sell it but I needed someone like you to tell me why I shouldn’t and I’m grateful. I really enjoy reading about all of the problems that arise with other pilots and how all of you guys, the experienced pilots helped.

I do (unintentional) crash testing. So I have discovered most of the mistakes that can be made. I'm certain there are a few I've missed but not many. One of the best features of this bird, in my estimation, is the ability to crash, repair and have it back in the sky the next day. I can think of no other machine out there that I could do the same. I make CBA videos both flying and repair tutorials. (CBA = crappy, but adequate). In the process I've developed trust and appreciation for this aircraft.

I do (unintentional) crash testing. So I have discovered most of the mistakes that can be made. I'm certain there are a few I've missed but not many. One of the best features of this bird, in my estimation, is the ability to crash, repair and have it back in the sky the next day. I can think of no other machine out there that I could do the same. I make CBA videos both flying and repair tutorials. (CBA = crappy, but adequate). In the process I've developed trust and appreciation for this aircraft.

That’s good to know. I’ve bought a couple of landing struts from Yuneec Skins. I plan to fly without the camera until I’m confident enough to to put it back on. Why do you say your videos are CBA?

I have owned several Typhoons and just sold my H Plus. Normally when I sell something I don’t look back. This time I’m looking back.

Reactions: Tiffin 2018
I'm close enough, lets go shopping before you loose ur shorts, we'll start off with a polaris, so we can fly up north off the beaten track ?

• Haha
As far as flyin the plus, or any mid level drone for that matter couldn't be easier, my grand daughter 7 yrs. young, never flew a drone til I got her a breeze ? Now after a small amount of flights, she's like a seasoned pro. The only way to ease your fears is to fly, and fly somemore ?

As far as flyin the plus, or any mid level drone for that matter couldn't be easier, my grand daughter 7 yrs. young, never flew a drone til I got her a breeze ? Now after a small amount of flights, she's like a seasoned pro. The only way to ease your fears is to fly, and fly somemore ?
I don’t think I have any fear but I want to put myself in an area that I have plenty of room to be comfortable.

Reactions: Mike Irish
Finding the right place to fly is the most important thing and if you struggle to find somewhere, it's natural you will be second-guessing your decision to buy.
My H Plus is my 4th drone if you include cheap toys and the Plus is by far the easiest to get in the air and make fancy content that flatters my skills and inexperience. Some years ago, I owned an RC helicopter that, when it wasn't in a neighbours tree, spent much of it's time jiggling about on the ground or chasing me down the street.
Keep looking for somewhere to fly. If you're on the coast, you're already close to where some amazing shots can be made. Take someone with you. My daughter and I alternate the spotter and piloting duties. Your confidence will come.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy