Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Altitude

Reaction score
Hello. What data provider do you use to plan mission using Follow Terrain? What data source do you think is worth recommending for the area of central Europ? It is important that the data isolate well the cover of the ground - vegetation, forests.

I wonder if I am aware that the differences in altitude relative to sea level are not large, it is better to drop it and use the relative altitude function?

I wonder if there are frequent data errors that can lead to dangerous situations - for example to low altitude.

Thank you in advance for your help.

I wonder if I am aware that the differences in altitude relative to sea level are not large, it is better to drop it and use the relative altitude function?
WGS to MSL has a huge difference in some areas. For example, in my area, this value is around 80 meters or more. Go in touch with @h-elsner. We did some work related to this and I'm sure he will help you to do your best.

GPS reports altitude above MSL in WSG84 geoid model. But this is not the only model in use. There are more models that describe the altitude MSL depending on location. A good start into it is the GeoidEval tool: Online geoid calculator
Whatever database/tool you use for mission planning, you have to check what geoid model is used.

I never did mission planning, I do not use automated flights. Thus, I cannot recommend any data source or tool or maps.

be HE

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio